October 23, 2014 | 2133 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Patisserie

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by lilysmom72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the color and lustres are my favorite MAC finish but honestly it is so chunky I loathe putting it on. There's glitter particles embedded in the lipstick that I just can't stand. I'll be happy when it's gone and I can back to Mac it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by beautyrock511

This is honestly my favourite MAC Lipstick to date. The formula is extremely buttery, with a hint of gloss. The colour works extremely well with my fair skin tone, and I feel like it is a colour that I could purchase again and again.
I would recommend this lipstick to anyone who is thinking of starting out with MAC!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Patisserie was first launched with the Euristocrats II Collection in 2009. After that collection it was only available via MAC's website and Pro stores. It was re-released in 2014 and is now permanent at all locations...yea! MAC Patisserie (Lustre) is a sheer, glossy, neutral pinky nude. I'm about an NC20 and have naturally soft pinky toned lips, and I don't detect any brown or peach tones in this lipstick. On me, Patisserie is that elusive shade of soft creamy pink...gorg! There's a hint of shimmer in the tube, which is barely detectable on my lips. I'm down to a nub and I will most definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very pale and blonde, and this color looks really pretty on me. It is a pink lipstick but more like a peach color. Not a screaming `hey I am pink` but a soft, peachy pink. Looks very natural and pretty. However I won`t buy it again, because it is kinda drying and sits in the little lines on my lips. I don`t like that. I normally buy Estee Lauder or Dior (of course, twice the price) but I find them a much better formula, much more moisturizing and they never make those lines worse, actually they make my lips more even and smooth. So therefore if you have dry lips, this might not be the best for you. But the color is pretty for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by lucyjadebyrne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick so much, it's one of the most versatile shades I own. This lipstick applies so naturally, only applying a little bit of colour and sheen meaning it goes with any makeup, outfit or hairstyle. I do find that I need to keep on applying the product throughout the day but it's not so bad because I always carry whatever lipstick I'm wearing with me. I'm not a fan of lipgloss because they're always so floppy and sticky, lipsticks have a much smoother feel and this particular product gives the closest lip gloss look without actually being a gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by brunettevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It looks really natural on my lips which i really like. Also it smells really nice. I think it is a great nudy/natural lipstick with a little bit of pinky undertone in it, also looks really nice on medium/olive/tan skins because with some other nudy lipsticks i look like im dead. But this is a great lipstick recommend it to anyone who is afraid of looking pale with nude lipsticks. I think it looks great on all skin types.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I was actually a little bit gutted when I first bought Patisserie- I hadn't noticed the glitter in the store and was disappointed when I noticed it has big honking, hefty gold glitter chunks running through it. It's quite strange really because the lipstick doesn't benefit from the glitter at all. It's actually not really that perceptible when you wear it (look at online swatches, it's not at all obvious)- it doesn't give it a shimmery effect, they are just there, particularly when the majority of it has worn off....

Anyway- looking past the glitter, this is a lovely MLBB shade. I'd describe it as a nude but with a bit of life to it. Sort of pinky, almost a touch of mauve to it- it is lighter than my natural lip colour. It is a great lip to pair with a more dramatic eye, or when you want to wear makeup without being very obvious about it.

Formula and lasting power is equal to all the other lustre shades in the line.

I really like it, I don't know if I *love* it yet but it is getting plenty of use. Particularly when I can't think of what lipstick to wear; I seem drawn to this as a 'go with every look' sort of shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

This is like my lip colour and it looks really natural. I feel like it goes with many looks and it's very wearable. As for the glitter issue, I really don't mind it and I don't notice left over glitter on my lips when the colour has worn off :/ I'm not in love with the formula because even though it has a shiny/glossy finish, it feels drying. Not my favourite formulation but I really love the colour.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

I bought this lipstick thinking it would be a pretty natural pink shade that would be easy to wear. Whilst it is very easy to apply and comfortable to wear I am just not sold on it. The colour doesn't do much for me and also when you look at the lipstick you can see huge flecks on glitter in it, makes me look a bit washed out as I am very pale.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetstrawberryblondgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best lipstick ever! I love lustre so much! It is glossy and very creamy. It was somewhat sheer but very buildable. It is the perfect balance between nude, pink and peach. As for the glitter people are complaining about, it was very subtle on the lips and seemed to make my skin glow radiantly. I love it deeply. Will be wearing on my wedding day.