September 16, 2014 | 1213 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - quick eyes cream shadow in truffle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Personally, I liked this eyeshadow, but I wasn't absolutely in love.
I haven't owned many Clinique products before, so buying this was a fun test. I fell in love with the color, because taupe is extremely wearable and versatile, so why not? Also, cream eyeshadow makes a great one-shadow look when necessary. So, I bought this one day.
I had a good experience with Truffle; firstly, I loved the packaging. The packaging is very sleek and clean, and you can see exactly what you're getting and how much. The applicator wasn't anything revolutionary; it's your average lip gloss applicator. My experience is, you do need to wipe off a little bit if eyeshadow if you plan to apply it directly using the applicator; it does harbor a lot of product. You can also use a brush with this to blend and perfect your application.
Applying it wasn't bad; I'm assuming that it's intended to be an eyelid color, but it's also not impossible to use it in the crease. This shadow does take some time to dry, depending how much you decide to put on; it's a buildable shadow. The consistency of Truffle is rather thin; it's a thin shadow, and it has a wetter formula. So, what was nice was that it's possible to get a really sheer coat or build up a full, concentrated look.
However, the color of Truffle threw a curveball at me; I was expecting the exact match with the tube and the final result. What ended up happening was that Truffle dried on my lids as a much more brown shade than it did a taupe, and a lighter shade, too. Not that this is a terrible setback that made me throw away the eyeshadow, but it still was a bit unexpected for me. I'm still going to use it, I'm just going to be wary of the color from now on.
The longevity and staying power of this eyeshadow was excellent; I was really impressed at its performance there. With my primer, Truffle easily survived my oily crease for a good 17 hours or so each day. Although it doesn't look like a long wearing product, it really is, so that's a huge plus for it.
I don't remember the exact price I paid for this, but I'm assuming it's around or a bit over $20. I would recommend this, but the thing is, the reason I gave it 3 lipsticks was because that this wasn't really anything new or special or out of the ordinary, and I don't consider this a super important must-have. Cream eyeshadows are great, and this one is a good one, especially this color, but I don't have an overflowing passion for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by karaanne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oooh, new favorite. Super easy to apply...just blend lightly with fingertip as needed. Good staying power, smooth not cakey and such a pretty gray-taupe color. Really looks good with my green eyes. I've worn both day and night just adding an extra layer at night with darker eyeliner for more drama.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by vengland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely silvery-brown taupe color. The formula is sheer, so you can do a light wash with it or build for more color. I think this also works well as a base, since it dries quickly and doesn't seem to crease. This is one of my go-to products for a quick but polished look for daytime. I don't put the wand directly on my eyelid, I dab the color on my pinky finger and use my finger to spread the color. For this reason, I would prefer a squeeze tube (like their old Touch Tints), but I can live with the wand/tube packaging. I think this is a great product, and while I think it will last a long time, if I ever ran out, I would definitely purchase another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really great product. The new Quick Eyes Cream Shadows are great. They come in a small tube with wand applicator. The applicator has a tiny flocked doe foot on the end. These last all day with no creasing and come in some rich colors that arent too sheer like some cream shadows.

Truffle is a gorgeous deep taupe shade. Really pretty with my brown eyes. And i am just a sucker for a good taupe. I usually swipe some on with the applicator and use my finger to sheer the color out or i just layer with the applicator for a smokier effect. Overall, this is a great product. Retails for $15.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by krw134

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked up this shade, as well as Rock Violet, during Macy's GWP back in April. I'm usually not a big eye shadow wearer, but I liked that I could apply this shadow quick & easily with my fingers. I just dot a bit on my lid with the applicator then blend with my ring fingeron my lid & into the crease. I like that the color is sheer - this may be a dealbreaker for some, but I like that it's sort of "goof proof". I've had it on for over 12 hours today and it still looks great on my somewhat oily lids. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adored this color - in the tube. However, on my eyes, whether applied with fingers & layered, or with a synthetic brush, it had barely any color payoff. Needed something over it to give me a pretty taupey eye. However, I can do the same thing with a more ordinary base product plus a product like BB's cream shadow in Galaxy + Shu ME Gray 944, Moth Brown, etc. Shame. So pretty in the tube. This went back to the Clinique counter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought 3 of these to get the Macy's GWP. I purchased Truffle, Muffin and Lucky Penny. There are $15 USD. The packaging is nice because I don't think these will dry out being in a tube. These are packaged pretty much like Clinique's lipglosses. The applicator is a doefoot. The Truffle is a deep taupey neutral. Muffin is more of a golden brown neutral (like a fresh baked muffin, get it?) and Lucky Penny is a cream version of the best selling shadow, though not as shimmery.

FOLLOW UP COMMENT: Put this on @ 6:30 am and it never came off until 10:00 pm. There was absolutley no creasing of the product!!!!

Have a beautiful eye day, all day. Light, velvety cream glides on vibrant colour that wears up to 10 hours, stays beautifully crease-proof and colour true. In pearly shades from subtle to high lustre. Ophthalmologist tested. Suitable for contact lens wearers.

Dot lightly or sweep applicator across lid to build colour. Blend with applicator or fingertip to desired intensity, from sheer to full. Wear alone or layer with other shades.
Expert Tip: Use a lighter shade as wear-extending primer for your favourite powder shadows.

EDIT: I used a concealor brush for application, it works very well and gives a wonderful sheer coverage.

COLORS:
Muffin
Sea Shell

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

I just purchased this today and the color is beautiful. It is dark but neutral so I can wear it with a lot of things. I like the applicator and I am glad it is not in a pot or something. I think I would rather it be in a tube but then it would be too much like the touch tints for eyes. Anyway, I will update when I actually wear this, but it is supposed to stay crease free for 10 hours but we will see. Colors are beautiful though.