Santa Maria Novella Sapone di Latte

4.5

on 8/18/2013 5:45:00 AM

I got Santa Maria Novella soap Gelsomino as a gift when I purchased some fragrance, so I don’t know the price, but I think it is around $8 for 100gram bar of soap.

The smell is kind of old-fashioned, slightly spicy but I grew to like it. It lingers on the skin for an hour or two.

Out of all the soaps I have tried, this one is the best. However, it doesn’t mean that it is perfect. My skin still feels slightly tight after washing with it, even though the dryness of my skin is much less pronounced than when I use other soaps. Still, this was enough for me to use it only as a hand soap. As a hand soap, it is very good. It cleanses the hands well without drying them up. The soap lasts for a very long time – I was afraid that it will be gone quickly, but even after a month of every-day use (several times per day), the soap looks almost new – only the bas-relief is not as sharp as it was.

on 6/22/2007 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have just returned from travelling around Italy and made it a point while in Florence to visit the Officina Profuma Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella and it did not disappoint! However I was overwhelmed by what to choose!! I came away with just 2 soaps (I know I know), one was a Sapone di Latte in Violetta and the other a Sulphur Soap for less prettifying reasons! The scent on the violetta travelled with me along the way and I am kicking myself now for not buying a handful of these heavenly soaps!! It is a delicious luxurious high end soap to use and I do not bother with lotion afterwards mainly because of the scent I wish to linger but also as I do not need any. Total luxury at 8.50 euros a 75g bar but a wonderful purchase and thing to have if like me you adore soaps!! The packaging is simple yet attractive and the paper bag my purchase came in looks fabulous on the dressing table!! If I could I would re-purchase in a heartbeat!!

on 5/14/2005 4:59:00 PM

The best soap in the world.

on 6/7/2004 6:19:00 PM

I bought various soaps Iris, Rose, Jasmine & Violet. I gave some away but have to say the Iris is a disappointment ,their is virtually no discenable fragrance. The lather is nice and rich but I've experienced richer,creamier lathers with Olive oil soaps like those from L'Occitane. I think the Rose & Violet will be better as the scent is far more intense.

on 11/21/2003 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Worth every penny!

on 12/17/2002 3:53:00 PM

When I was in Florence in October, I purchased 3 bars of the Rose scented soap to bring home from the Pharmacia. The price in Florence was 20 Euros for the 3 bars. I love the fragrance and am hoarding my remaining bars.