September 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Other - Burt's Bees - Hand sanitizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A coworker introduced me to this and I'm hooked! It does not dry out my hands and smells pleasant, yet dissipates within a minute.

What's not to love - Cruelty free, 100% natural ingredients, easy to find in any drugstore, low price point.

Only wish it came in a larger size which I can refill the purse size ones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I love everything about this but the smell. It's a rather competent sanitizer. I adore the spray bottle which I think is very cute. I've read some horrendous things about sanitizers and their potential harmful effects on the immune system. So I'm quite content using one that's natural. I just find the scent to be too strong and herbal for my tastes. Otherwise, I'd have rated it a perfect five lippies. Nevertheless, I don't go anywhere without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG hand sanitizer. Pleasant light citrus scent and dries quick. No messy gel or alcohol smell. Only $4.99 for 2 oz at CVS. Long lasting and non-drying.
Ingredients: Active Ingredient: ethyl alcohol 62%
Other Ingredients: water, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, glycerin, fragrance, aloe barbadensis leaf extract

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by rmandel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this hand sanitizer, it's my favorite. I'm a germaphobe so I always have this on me. It isn't sticky at all, no alcohol smell but instead a really nice smell. I love the spray bottle because you can easily control how much you want on your hands. The only negative is that the cap always comes off in my bag and I fear that it will spill all over the place.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by tojoyamoto

My favorite hand sanitizer!
I've been buying and using this spray for years-- and always recommend it to others.
I have a bottle in my purse, in my car and on my desk.
Why is it so wonderful?
1. It sprays-- excellent, sanitary and convenient.
2. I think it smells fine-- 100 times better than Purel or any of the sanitizers that smell like pure rubbing alchohol.
3. The formula is gentle and non-drying-- it has aloe, witch hazel and vitamins B, C and E.
4. It's 100% natural.
5. Burt's Bees doesn't test on animals.
6. It's sold in most stores-- even the grocery store.
7. It lasts a LONG time!

I LOVE IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by McClain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love that this sprays- i never get too much accidentally like the squeeze bottles. its not drying, and you get a good amount, i just can't stand the smell. it just smells kinda old and it lingers. i don't think i'll purchase again, i just took off a lippie for the smell

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by candibubblz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok, so the negatives first (they are mostly small nit-picky things)

- my bottle leaks a little in my car if it is laying on it's side for an extended period of time (not a lot though, just a tad)
- I REALLY wish that they sold a refill bigger bottle to fill this smaller one up with.

(see the negatives were little)
I really like this product, bordering on love. Yes, the smell is strong, but I personally like it because it smells kind of like plants. I don't really know, but I would smell it before you buy it and see if that is a problem for you. The smell seems to fade in a bit too. My hands feel softer with this sanitizer (most likely due to the aloe)

What I really like about this is that it does not strip your hands moisture like many hand sanitizers does. My mom is allergic to fragrance, so I always keep this around for her to use when she is with me. The other sanitizers makes her hands crack.

I also like the fact that it is a spray bottle, I have more control over how much product comes out, not like those squeeze containers where I sometimes get waaaay too much product on my hands.

And even better this is natural and not treated on animals, yay!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by sakecat22

I have this in my office. If you like the smell - you may like this product. The smell isn't offensive, a citrusy green thing, but it is strong. Which means that if you are wearing perfume, this will alter it. I personally find the spray technique a bit messy as well. It doesn't dry out the hands and it doesn't contain the dreaded triclosan. Definitely worth a shot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by rljp

Good product. I love the fact that it's portable and a spray and you can conveniently spray it on your hands and it dries instantly, plus it's 100% natural. It's an uplifting fragrance, but it's a bit too much citrus and the scent lingers which isn't good if you're wearing perfume and the bottle leaks which can be bad. They should create a better bottle version of this and that is why I'm giving this 3 lippies because your whole bag will smell like this stuff.