July 25, 2014 | 1891 users online

Gels/Soaps - Aveeno - Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by EmilyVO86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Can I just say...this has saved my skin. A few months ago, spots started to appear on my left cheek only. It was not cystic acne, but they were not regular pimples either. You know the ones that leave a red mark behind for weeks/months after the initial clog has gone? I've never had them before and I racked my brain trying to figure out what had changed - diet? sleep? stress? laundry detergent? my pillow? climate? make-up? hormones? After trying to discover the key variable that had changed my ordinarily clear skin in to a red-marked battle field, I was at my wits end and resigned myself to the fact that I was one of the unlucky people who developed adult acne. I booked myself in to see a GP to get a referral to a dermatologist.

In the back of my mind, I suspected that my skin was reacting to the dry winter weather. I've grown up in tropical climates where humidity was relatively high, even in the cooler months, and had only moved to a drier climate at the beginning of this year. The make-up wipes I was using were incredibly drying (must have been the alcohol in them - I developed flaky patches on my cheeks) as well so I needed a cleanser that could remove make-up and was moisturising without clogging pores.

After reading all the great reviews online about this product, I decided to give it a go. I figured that if it was safe for babies then it should be OK on my face!

Within 24 hours of using this product for the first time, I noticed the difference. My skin felt soft and hydrated. No irritation or redness when I applied it to my face or when I got out of the shower. Only a little bit of tightness which was addressed by my moisturiser. The dry patches had gone. I have used this product for 3 weeks now, and I have not had any new weird red pimple/marks and my overall complexion has improved. The marks left behind by those pesky spots are fading each day. I cancelled my GP appointment because my skin issues had been resolved completely and I could see light at the end of the tunnel. This cleanser is really affordable and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by LorenaG

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

While on the hunt for a gentle cleanser that wouldn't irritate my oily/dehydrated/rosacea/sd skin, but still manage to remove make-up, I stumbled upon reviews for this wash. It seemed promising-- soothing, creamy, AND meant for babies. What could go wrong? Well, unfortunately, something did because as soon as I applied it to my face, I felt a stinging/burning sensation. I knew I was in trouble. I washed it off immediately, but the damage was done. My face remained irritated for about two days.

If you have sensitive skin, please go slowly if you decide to test this cleanser. Cleansers have become my Achille's heel, or perhaps more like my own personal Atlantis or fountain of youth. Trying to find one that cleanses without drying or irritating my skin, and that doesn't cause breakouts, has become an unattainable dream-an impossibility. Sigh, sometimes, I wish I were normal with normal/resilient skin. I wonder what that would be like? One can only dream...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

There's not much to say about this that hasn't already been said. It is a must-have for anyone of any age with eczema, itchy skin, sensitive skin, dry skin or irritated skin. I can't live without it. I use this for my body and as a cleanser for my face after removing make-up too. It's a very mild milky cream, unscented, and has never flared up my skin or caused me any problems. It leaves skin soft and moist, rinses clean and doesn't strip skin nor leave a film like some bar soaps and washes can. It has a gentle low foam - no drying bubble bath here. This has been a staple in my life for years, highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

We had an ice storm here recently and my skin has been suffering ever since. Very dry, itchy skin due to all the heating at home. And my usual body washes were just exacerbating the problem. This baby wash coupled with Eucerin's Calming Creme has saved my skin. It's nice and thick, gentle, yet rinses clean. I also appreciate that it's fragrance free and leaves my skin very soft after using. As long as this doesn't cause any body breakouts in the long run, I plan on using this stuff permanently. So pleased, that I'll even keep Aveeno baby products in mind when I have a little one of my own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Works very well for my baby, even when he was a newborn. It's not scented, doesn't dry out his skin or irritate it like the Aveeno shampoo/wash combination product. I also like the thick consistency. It sticks to the washcloth so I can easily get his whole body, even under the water. I would definitely purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by mklee1920

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I developed a dry patch on my forehead this winter and used Aveeno Baby Cleansing Therapy wash and Eczema Therapy Cream to clear it up. I wanted a cleanser that felt more "cleansing" for my regular face wash during the warmer months, and this seems to be it. I've been using it for about 3 months so far. It foams gently and cleans my face completely, and best of all, it has no scent. My skin does not react to scented products, but I HATE wearing an obnoxious chemical perfume and smelling it all day. This cleanser is great--not drying, pleasant to use, no scent, affordable, and easy to find in ordinary stores. Five lippies!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Bexa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Mom's, this product is A-#1 for Eczema. My child was diagnosed at 18 months and now at almost-4 yo, it remains the ONLY wash I will use and we tried them ALL. There is absolutely no fragrance whatsoever and is extremely moisturizing. It feels more like a lotion than a wash; it doesn't sud and bubble like your typical shampoo or wash so be weary of using too much. I use it on my child's hair and then let it drip down to wash the body and rinse clean. My only negative is the small size of the bottle for the price but the quality of the product IS worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by ksb3111

I have had near to perfect skin my entire life. I thought that I had dodged the acne bullet (so to speak) in high school and had nothing to worry about for the rest of my life. Little did I know that my skin had a different plan for me and at the age of 26, in the summer of this year I broke out horribly.

It happened gradually - a couple of pimples on one side of my cheek, then my jaw and mouth area, then the other side. Within a couple of months my face (except for forehead) was covered in whiteheads, many of them which turned into painful cysts that I could not help but to pick. This left scarring and blemishes which I could never seem to get rid of. It was like my skin was going through a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde metamorphosis. One week my skin would be super oily and covered in huge pimples, then the next it would be super dry and sensitive. I was convinced I was experiencing some sort of allergic reaction or skin disease (dramatic I know) but all my dermatologist had to say about that was "sorry honey, it just looks like adult acne". I still refused to believe that such a phenomenon was possible.

I have tried everything: over the counter, prescription, cheap ,no name, expensive and brand names; Aveeno adult products, Vichy, Biotherm, Clean and Clear, St. Ives, Spectro Jel, Differin prescription cream, Proactiv, Neutrogena...nothing helped long-term. Some products made my skin worse while others helped but in the end I always ended up where I had started: with ACNE.

6 months later, feeling completely hopeless, I bought this product after reading the reviews on here. I figured that if it was gentle enough for a baby's bottom it certainly wasn't going to make anything worse.

I have been using it for a week:
- I mix it in with St. Ives Apricot Scrub in the evening, in the morning I use it alone
- I apply Polysporin on zits that have dried out
- I apply Clean and Clear Popped Pimple Paste to areas where I feel something may be happening
- I complete with Aveeno Baby Moisture Cream

I am not kidding, and if it was ME reading this review, I probably wouldn't believe it either, but my skin is almost clear. It has only been a week but my skin tone has completely changed, my skin is so smooth, the bumps on my face have disappeared significantly, and any lingering problems I had I can tell are going away and healing. When I use this, I feel like my face is CLEAN and it removes the urge to scrub and over-wash incessantly (which causes more acne). Just make sure you use a moisturizer afterwards.

I wasted hundreds of dollars for something that was right there in the drugstore. This product saved my life. That's it, that's all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by LegendOona

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is actually for the Aveeno Baby Cleansing Therapy Moisturizing Wash. I couldn't find a match to link it too. I believe it's almost the same as the Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash. Although the ingredients are different it :Water, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Chloride, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Laureth 2, Citric Acid, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar Gum), Ceramide NP, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Panthenol, Sodium Benzoate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride. I was looking for something that would moisturize my skin since the Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar was drying out my face badly. This does not break me out and hydrates but, it does have a slight smell but goes way after you wash it off. It does not lather very much if that's what you're looking for. I found it at Walmart for less than $6. I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read the raving reviews for this product and ran out to buy it. I was looking for an extra gentle cleanser for my face because i feel that spectro jel as much as i love it, does not rinse clean. I use retin A and exfoliate often, i dont want a cleanser to strip my skin as well, especially with the cold air coming our way. Anyway, i cant say this is the best cleanser at all! the first time i put it on my skin it burned! and then rinsing it off it felt slimey. So i will stick to using this for my body. And it wasnt cheap, I paid $8. I know im so cheap but a good cleanser shouldnt cost more. I always precleanse anyway with my jojoba and then cleanse with my normal cleanser. Aveeno was way too harsh.