Aveeno Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash

4.4

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Avena Sativa (Oat), Sodium Benzoate, Styrene/Acrylataes Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Polyquaternium 7, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG-45M, Benzaldehyde, Sodium Hydroxide (may contain), Citric Acid (may contain)

on 1/26/2015 2:46:00 AM

Re: the almond smell - this product used to contain benzaldehyde, which smells like almonds. It has been removed from the formula, which now has no fragrance, artificial or otherwise.

This wash makes a great face wash for those who have dry skin, yet really enjoy some lather.
I, for one, can't really get used to cream cleansers, but a lot of lathering cleansers are drying for my skin.

This leaves my face feeling truly clean, but not stripped, tight, itchy, or thirsty.

Will definitely repurchase.

As far as I can tell there is no almond fragrance to this product. What I think the previous reviewer is confusing with almond fragrance is the smell of the oat kernel flour, as this product is (artificial) fragrance free and smells fairly neutral to me. I have ultra sensitive skin that is prone to rosacea and very occasionally contact dermatitis and this wash does not aggravate my skin. I use it on an evening as the 2nd stage of a double cleanse and after a week of using it I must admit, I'm impressed. I've been taking it over my entire face, including my eyes (it doesn't sting) and removing with a hot cloth. It lathers slightly and easily removes surface dirt but would not remove a face-full of make-up (at least, not mine). It feels cooling and leaves my skin soft and dewy. I have the larger 355ml bottle and I think it needs a pump rather than a flip-top lid as it is very thick and slightly slow to pour out, but aside from this it is good value for something I really value. It's been an absolute pain finding skincare to suit my skin as it has become so sensitive and finnicky after years of using anything and everything without so much as the odd zit. I would not hesitate to use it on a baby if I had one (mine are all too big to try putting in a baby bath, but I can still dream)!

on 12/27/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't really use this for its intended purpose and I don't think anyone should.

I recently became an aunt and at the baby shower there were many products that are just no-nos for anyone's skin and especially not baby's skin.

This product has an almond fragrance that smells nice but inflames and irritates and damages skin, especially sensitive skin like that of my precious niece.

It is very moisturizing, like a conditioner, and too thick for people with breakout prone skin. It also seems too thick too shave with.

I gave my niece a product she deserves and use this whenever I feel like using a nutty conditioner. It rinses well and moisturizes hair nicely but since my scalp is sensitive I keep this far, far away from that.

If you don't mind damaging your skin and like almonds I recommend this, especially since you rinse it off. I do not recommend this for babies or sensitive skin and especially not oily skin.

on 4/26/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

While on the hunt for a gentle cleanser that wouldn't irritate my oily/dehydrated/rosacea/sd skin, but still manage to remove make-up, I stumbled upon reviews for this wash. It seemed promising-- soothing, creamy, AND meant for babies. What could go wrong? Well, unfortunately, something did because as soon as I applied it to my face, I felt a stinging/burning sensation. I knew I was in trouble. I washed it off immediately, but the damage was done. My face remained irritated for about two days.

If you have sensitive skin, please go slowly if you decide to test this cleanser. Cleansers have become my Achille's heel, or perhaps more like my own personal Atlantis or fountain of youth. Trying to find one that cleanses without drying or irritating my skin, and that doesn't cause breakouts, has become an unattainable dream-an impossibility. Sigh, sometimes, I wish I were normal with normal/resilient skin. I wonder what that would be like? One can only dream...

on 12/12/2013 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

There's not much to say about this that hasn't already been said. It is a must-have for anyone of any age with eczema, itchy skin, sensitive skin, dry skin or irritated skin. I can't live without it. I use this for my body and as a cleanser for my face after removing make-up too. It's a very mild milky cream, unscented, and has never flared up my skin or caused me any problems. It leaves skin soft and moist, rinses clean and doesn't strip skin nor leave a film like some bar soaps and washes can. It has a gentle low foam - no drying bubble bath here. This has been a staple in my life for years, highly recommend!

on 12/11/2013 9:45:00 PM

We had an ice storm here recently and my skin has been suffering ever since. Very dry, itchy skin due to all the heating at home. And my usual body washes were just exacerbating the problem. This baby wash coupled with Eucerin's Calming Creme has saved my skin. It's nice and thick, gentle, yet rinses clean. I also appreciate that it's fragrance free and leaves my skin very soft after using. As long as this doesn't cause any body breakouts in the long run, I plan on using this stuff permanently. So pleased, that I'll even keep Aveeno baby products in mind when I have a little one of my own.

on 7/5/2013 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Works very well for my baby, even when he was a newborn. It's not scented, doesn't dry out his skin or irritate it like the Aveeno shampoo/wash combination product. I also like the thick consistency. It sticks to the washcloth so I can easily get his whole body, even under the water. I would definitely purchase it again.

on 6/20/2013 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I developed a dry patch on my forehead this winter and used Aveeno Baby Cleansing Therapy wash and Eczema Therapy Cream to clear it up. I wanted a cleanser that felt more "cleansing" for my regular face wash during the warmer months, and this seems to be it. I've been using it for about 3 months so far. It foams gently and cleans my face completely, and best of all, it has no scent. My skin does not react to scented products, but I HATE wearing an obnoxious chemical perfume and smelling it all day. This cleanser is great--not drying, pleasant to use, no scent, affordable, and easy to find in ordinary stores. Five lippies!

on 3/1/2013 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mom's, this product is A-#1 for Eczema. My child was diagnosed at 18 months and now at almost-4 yo, it remains the ONLY wash I will use and we tried them ALL. There is absolutely no fragrance whatsoever and is extremely moisturizing. It feels more like a lotion than a wash; it doesn't sud and bubble like your typical shampoo or wash so be weary of using too much. I use it on my child's hair and then let it drip down to wash the body and rinse clean. My only negative is the small size of the bottle for the price but the quality of the product IS worth it.

on 12/20/2012 9:54:00 AM

I have had near to perfect skin my entire life. I thought that I had dodged the acne bullet (so to speak) in high school and had nothing to worry about for the rest of my life. Little did I know that my skin had a different plan for me and at the age of 26, in the summer of this year I broke out horribly.

It happened gradually - a couple of pimples on one side of my cheek, then my jaw and mouth area, then the other side. Within a couple of months my face (except for forehead) was covered in whiteheads, many of them which turned into painful cysts that I could not help but to pick. This left scarring and blemishes which I could never seem to get rid of. It was like my skin was going through a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde metamorphosis. One week my skin would be super oily and covered in huge pimples, then the next it would be super dry and sensitive. I was convinced I was experiencing some sort of allergic reaction or skin disease (dramatic I know) but all my dermatologist had to say about that was "sorry honey, it just looks like adult acne". I still refused to believe that such a phenomenon was possible.

I have tried everything: over the counter, prescription, cheap ,no name, expensive and brand names; Aveeno adult products, Vichy, Biotherm, Clean and Clear, St. Ives, Spectro Jel, Differin prescription cream, Proactiv, Neutrogena...nothing helped long-term. Some products made my skin worse while others helped but in the end I always ended up where I had started: with ACNE.

6 months later, feeling completely hopeless, I bought this product after reading the reviews on here. I figured that if it was gentle enough for a baby's bottom it certainly wasn't going to make anything worse.

I have been using it for a week:
- I mix it in with St. Ives Apricot Scrub in the evening, in the morning I use it alone
- I apply Polysporin on zits that have dried out
- I apply Clean and Clear Popped Pimple Paste to areas where I feel something may be happening
- I complete with Aveeno Baby Moisture Cream

I am not kidding, and if it was ME reading this review, I probably wouldn't believe it either, but my skin is almost clear. It has only been a week but my skin tone has completely changed, my skin is so smooth, the bumps on my face have disappeared significantly, and any lingering problems I had I can tell are going away and healing. When I use this, I feel like my face is CLEAN and it removes the urge to scrub and over-wash incessantly (which causes more acne). Just make sure you use a moisturizer afterwards.

I wasted hundreds of dollars for something that was right there in the drugstore. This product saved my life. That's it, that's all.