April 16, 2014 | 940 users online

Gels/Soaps - Clearly Natural - glycerine Soap

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by JordanRene

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: Makes a decent body soap. All natural. Better than most commercial soap brands. Smells nice.

Cons: Leaves my skin feeling tight and itchy. Makes my face itchy and causes me to breakout.

I use to love this, but as my skin has changed, I just find It "okay", and in my opinion, there are much better natural soaps out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by faffner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this soap. I can use the unscented version as a body bar without it irritating my very sensitive skin or causing it to break out. I can't use it on my face, but I've never found a bar that I could, so I wouldn't hold that against it too much. The only drawback it has is that it's not really strong enough to properly clean underarms. I just use another soap for that when I'm in the shower, but that's kind of cumbersome, so it keeps the Clearly Natural from being perfect. Plus, if I forget to use the other soap and wash my underarms with the glycerin bar instead, it gives me a bit of BO for the day. Not really bad, just not what you'd want.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by kellor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Price
Moisturizing
Many lovely scents
Great for sensitive skin

Cons:
None

Skin Type Combination, Extremely Sensitive
Coloration Cool toned and very fair

Thank the powers that be for this wonderful product! I cannot stress how sensitive my skin is. Just about everything under the sun (including the sun) gives my skin a rash. I've used Dove sensitive soap bars all my life until four years ago. Dove was the only soap that I didn't have an allergic reaction to, but the soap really dried out my skin. I found Clearly Natural in the grocery store one day and thought that I'd give it a try. It sat on my dresser for a few weeks because I was so apprehensive about it causing a reaction with my finicky skin.

When I finally found the nerve, I used the glycerin soap and was amazed! It didn't leave a tight feeling like the Dove, no red blotches or painful bumps appeared, and it felt so, so nice on my skin. It doesn't lather well but I could care less honestly. I started out using the "Unscented", but I gradually branched out and have tried all scents - none have given me a rash! My skin feels so moisturized after using this soap.

After having a bad reaction to a moisturizer recently, this soap sped the healing process and helped to calm down my face. It's a godsend for my skin. I have combination skin along with my sensitivity. My T-zone becomes oily gradually throughout the day, the area around my mouth and my temples are on the drier side, and my cheek and jaw area are normal. This soap does away with my dry flakes and moisturizes without feeling heavy. I cannot describe how life changing this product has been for me. When I travel, I cannot be without this gem. I use this soap every day. It's been a staple in my skincare routine for four years and I will never be without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this soap in the aloe vera variety, doesn't dry out or irritate my skin and doesn't leave a fragrance. Basic but works very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Neaaen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Awesome soap. I use it on my face, body, and even hair. The scents are high quality and very pleasant. Not overpowering and cheap. I recommend to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the Jojoba bar of this soap, smells so pretty. It's a pretty light pink also. This was my favorite soap for years. I had trouble finding the jojoba one, so I twitched to Dr Bronners, almond soap, which I love also.

~ I just bought 2 more of the Aloe Vera, smells really good. Love it! This is my new favorite soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by GlosslipGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this soap at the grocery store in their small natural products area, i decided to try it because of the small amount of natural ingredients listed. I have to say i really like the soap! Smooth clean skin without alot of bs ingredients. I don't mind that it doesn't lather alot, to me lots of lather = chemicals! If you find the soaps try it, your skin will thank you :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jgalt

The liquid version of this soap was on sale at Whole Foods for 3.99 so I got it because it is unscented. Didn't expect much but it is a gently lathering, very mild, virtually odorless soap. It does not have the sticky feel of most glycerine soaps and is as pure as can be. A great bargain for hands and body, and even face. Will definitely buy again at this price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by kgbina

I have tried so many products on my face that now it is sensitive to everything I put on it. I decided to go natural since that's all my face would allow me to put on it w/o getting red and irritated. I bought my glycerin unscented bar two weeks ago and happy to report my face loves it. It doesn't leave my face dry and flaky like other cleansers. Not sure if its the soap but it is also clearing the acne. It's not clearing the acne as fast as other acne soaps but I can see that the small breakouts are drying rather quickly. I will always buy this from now on. I didn't know there was a $2 fix for my problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by astockwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Glorious! Only word to describe this soap. It's the only thing I will put on my skin. I don't need a lotion. I can wash my face with it and shave as well. I use the unscented version because scented soaps ussually cause me irritation in my nether regions. Just make sure you keep it dry since it's high glycerin content will cause it to get mushy, quickly.

I used Dove and Olay bars for years and had to slather on a lotion as soon as I got out of the shower.I hate hate hate these so-called "beauty bars" for "sensitive skin". Those big corporations can't even call it soap because it isn't. They contain only a small amount of glycerin and large amounts of sodium tallowate (cow fat!) Then, the glycerin that they obtain from the saponification process gets pumped into the lotions they sell. So they get your money from the bar and the lotion because the freaking bar is the thing that dried you out in the first place! Big scam if you ask me.

I have spread the word to my family and freinds and they are hooked. You will not be disapointed with this stuff.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No