Clearly Natural - glycerine Soap

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Glycerine, saponified coconut, palm, and/or palm kernel, vegetable (coconut/corn/sugar) derived surfactants, corn derived humectants, sodium citrate. Vitamin E (tocopherol) and Aloe Vera (aloe barbadensis leaf extract) are added when specified in the variety name. Fragrance (in the scented bars only): A blend of natural aromas and essential oils.

on 9/17/2014 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

These are some of the cheaper soaps in a natural foods store and whenever I'm broke, I usually just get them because they cost less than $2. The glycerin is really good for moisturizing the skin on your body and provides a very smooth shave, although I've gotten stubbly again after only a day or two, so I have to shave more frequently. The scents are wonderful and the jasmine is definitely my favorite.

However, I would not recommend this soap for my face. I have a tendency to be acne-prone and I can see these working better for someone with dry skin who wouldn't have to worry that much about pimples on their face.

I like these and want to finish my last two bars, but I would prefer looking for something more moisturizing instead.

on 7/1/2014 4:03:00 AM

I bought the unscented glycerin soap and for the record there was no coconut anything listed. I'm saying that because someone claimed the formula was changed and the one I bought recently was not. Here are the ingredients for the unscented only: Glycerine, Palm Stearic Acid, Palm Oleic Acid, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Sodium Hydroxide.

This soap was supposed to be gentle but I found that it caused me to break out very badly and clogged my pores right up. I was previously using a glycerin based soap which kept my skin clear (but was a bit drying) so I thought this one would be less drying. Nope, it was still drying and on top of that didn't seem to rinse clean. I tried it for a few weeks but it was just getting worse, I don't know what the issue was so I tried to use it as a body soap. i should have known the fact that it leaves a film would irritate my lady parts quite a lot. I also started breaking out on my chest. I would not recommend this soap.

on 6/27/2014 11:58:00 PM

I ADORE this soap. It is the only thing that will help me control or get rid of my acne. They used to sell it at dollar tree but I can only find it online now.
COME BACK INTO MY LIFE GLYCERIN SOAP

on 6/9/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was slightly disappointed in this soap as I had higher hopes that it would do wonders for my skin. However, it's not as moisturizing as I'd like it to be & the scent smells odd to me. I'm currently using the Vitamin E variety. I also didn't felt like it gives a good enough lather. The only credit I give the soap is that it's natural, or so it claims.

on 12/15/2012 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pros: Makes a decent body soap. All natural. Better than most commercial soap brands. Smells nice.

Cons: Leaves my skin feeling tight and itchy. Makes my face itchy and causes me to breakout.

I use to love this, but as my skin has changed, I just find It "okay", and in my opinion, there are much better natural soaps out there.

on 5/28/2012 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like this soap. I can use the unscented version as a body bar without it irritating my very sensitive skin or causing it to break out. I can't use it on my face, but I've never found a bar that I could, so I wouldn't hold that against it too much. The only drawback it has is that it's not really strong enough to properly clean underarms. I just use another soap for that when I'm in the shower, but that's kind of cumbersome, so it keeps the Clearly Natural from being perfect. Plus, if I forget to use the other soap and wash my underarms with the glycerin bar instead, it gives me a bit of BO for the day. Not really bad, just not what you'd want.

on 4/27/2012 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Pros:
Price
Moisturizing
Many lovely scents
Great for sensitive skin

Cons:
None

Skin Type Combination, Extremely Sensitive
Coloration Cool toned and very fair

Thank the powers that be for this wonderful product! I cannot stress how sensitive my skin is. Just about everything under the sun (including the sun) gives my skin a rash. I've used Dove sensitive soap bars all my life until four years ago. Dove was the only soap that I didn't have an allergic reaction to, but the soap really dried out my skin. I found Clearly Natural in the grocery store one day and thought that I'd give it a try. It sat on my dresser for a few weeks because I was so apprehensive about it causing a reaction with my finicky skin.

When I finally found the nerve, I used the glycerin soap and was amazed! It didn't leave a tight feeling like the Dove, no red blotches or painful bumps appeared, and it felt so, so nice on my skin. It doesn't lather well but I could care less honestly. I started out using the "Unscented", but I gradually branched out and have tried all scents - none have given me a rash! My skin feels so moisturized after using this soap.

After having a bad reaction to a moisturizer recently, this soap sped the healing process and helped to calm down my face. It's a godsend for my skin. I have combination skin along with my sensitivity. My T-zone becomes oily gradually throughout the day, the area around my mouth and my temples are on the drier side, and my cheek and jaw area are normal. This soap does away with my dry flakes and moisturizes without feeling heavy. I cannot describe how life changing this product has been for me. When I travel, I cannot be without this gem. I use this soap every day. It's been a staple in my skincare routine for four years and I will never be without it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I really like this soap in the aloe vera variety, doesn't dry out or irritate my skin and doesn't leave a fragrance. Basic but works very well.

on 5/31/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

Awesome soap. I use it on my face, body, and even hair. The scents are high quality and very pleasant. Not overpowering and cheap. I recommend to everyone!

on 4/8/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love the Jojoba bar of this soap, smells so pretty. It's a pretty light pink also. This was my favorite soap for years. I had trouble finding the jojoba one, so I twitched to Dr Bronners, almond soap, which I love also.

~ I just bought 2 more of the Aloe Vera, smells really good. Love it! This is my new favorite soap.

Popular Gels/Soaps