July 25, 2014 | 1763 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Vegetable Shortening

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Most people look at me like I'm out of my tree when they ask me what this is doing in my bathroom,and I tell them I use it to remove makeup-especially stubborn waterproof mascara.
A huge tub sets me back $2 and change,and it is the most effective method I've ever used.It leaves my skin very soft and to date no breakouts(I've used this on and off for years-before my 2nd son was born and he's 11 tomorrow).I actually got the idea from Oprah,of all sources,but I need to assign credit where it is due.
This certainly is not the most glamorous method available,but when you consider that oils can solidify,this is just another form of cleansing oil that melts away the eye makeup that previously required a chisel.I've used cold cream in the past-especially the Pond's lemon cold cream that they no longer make-and I find it works well but not as well as good ole Crisco in the can.I don't know if this would have the same caveat as mineral oil for acne prone skin,but for my dry/combination/sometimes more oily than dry skin,it works.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No