Good light coverage that matched my skintone very well; you don't even feel it! However, one thing that concerned me greatly about this product was that it made my face extremely oily about 30 minutes after applying it. I have combination skin and my t-zone usually starts to get oily about 2 or 3 hours after washing my face. Since I applied the powder all over my face and neck, my entire face got oily (usually it's only the-zone). Considering that I did spend over $40 on this I didn't want to waste it. I made a tinted moisturizer by combining my usual lotion with some of the powder. With this solution, I no longer have any problems with immediately oiliness when using the product anymore.
*Edit: After using this product for awhile, I wouldn't recommend people with sensitive skin to use this product. I've noticed that every time I use it I get red irritated blotches. Initially I thought it was because of my diet but after some experimenting I realized it was from the powder.
I bought this loose foundation in Dark. I couldn't find the review for dark here so I thought I'm just going to put in the medium dark. So here goes my review:
- I did a whole lot of research on this product before I bought it, and I decided to buy it because:
- It has an applicator (I didn't have literally any powder brush back then)
- It has sun protection
- It has lots of good reviews
- When I bought this, the makeup artist told me to get medium dark, or medium deep and I ended up choosing dark when she told me not too. When I got home and tried it on, she was right! It was just way way too dark. I should have listen but whatever, I still use it and it gives me this extra tan.
- It gives light to medium coverage, nothing above that so if you want fuller coverage, this is not for you.
- Sometimes I use this as a setting powder to my liquid foundation, sometimes as a finishing powder, and sometimes worn by itself when I'm in a hurry or when I go to school (my school doesn't allow makeup)
- The packaging is just weird looking, I don't have any problem with is but it's still just weird looking
- The applicator (capillator?) doesn't really work well it absorbs the products and doesn't really do anything. I ended up getting a powder brush and use it for this product. I recommend you to use a kabuki brush (mac 182) or a blush/powder brush (mac 129 or 150)
- This made my face feels so soft, and I really like it for that!
- I know a lot of people will hate this product because of the light coverage but I like it since I don't need heavy coverage.
- The price is $29.50, where I bought it (not in US), the price was about $40 and I think its and okay price for the product.
- This product didn't break me out :)
- I would buy this product again, and I recommend it for those who want lighter coverage.
I LOVE this. It feels so light, yet doesn't feel powdery. It provides a good amount of coverage, and the color match is great, it is like my skin but better! So natural looking, this is my HG foundation. I love mineral foundation, I don't wear liquid because it feels like too much on my face. I used to use Bare Minerals, but it didn't feel great, and it looked powdery. I do not plan on living without this! Natural yet great coverage. Oh, and I use a brush for this, I do not use the sponge it comes with. I have had it for months (about 6 months), and it still hasn't ran out (and I use it almost every day). Worth every penny!
Love this stuff! Gives light to medium coverage, with a long-lasting, matte finish. A spritz of water or Fix+ will give you a dewy look, and, I assume knock down some of the chalkiness - if you experience it.
Applies very smooth and has SPF 15, which is appreciated.
In my opinion, do not use the sponge in the container - a kabuki or flat top buffer works best.
This is the worst product I have used. The coverage is sheer, eventhough it says can be build to medium - full coverage. Doesn't last even an hour, even with a primer. And worst of all, every time I used it, it broke me out, and I don't have sensitive skin and neither do I get more than 2 pimples in a month. I am astonished how couple pimples pop everytime I use it. I need to return this product. By the way, packaging is terrible, the sponge absorbs so much of the products.
This is pretty darn good! The color match is WONDERFUL for me (I'm c40, Armani 6.5, Laura Mercier tint in Golden Beige, MUFE F&B 34). I have slightly dry skin, and I feel no dryness here. I do wear sunscreen lotion underneath, though, so I'm not saying I'm putting this on unprepped skin. What I am saying is that this stuff covers imperceptibly and very well! I am well-pleased with how my skin looks with it on - not powdery, not ashy. And it didn't oxidize on me and turn, either. It does seem to last a very long time, as well, without settling or otherwise wearing away in some funky fashion.
Just overall, so far, very nice. No new acne reported with it, either. Just a nice, glowy-almost-satiny but not shiny or sparkly look. I can smile all I want and it didn't seep into my tiny crow's feet. I didn't apply it with the puff, but instead used a proper brush (the Lauren Hutton large mineral foundation brush - I think any doggone brush would do, though.
This didn't seem to have good enough coverage to act as a concealer, which is fine - it's a trade-off; instead, I got a look that seamlessly blended with the rest of my skin (no demarcation) which is a fair trade as far as I am concerned.
I like it!