MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Medium Dark

on 8/23/2010 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this loose foundation in Dark. I couldn't find the review for dark here so I thought I'm just going to put in the medium dark. So here goes my review:
- I did a whole lot of research on this product before I bought it, and I decided to buy it because:
- It has an applicator (I didn't have literally any powder brush back then)
- It has sun protection
- It has lots of good reviews
- When I bought this, the makeup artist told me to get medium dark, or medium deep and I ended up choosing dark when she told me not too. When I got home and tried it on, she was right! It was just way way too dark. I should have listen but whatever, I still use it and it gives me this extra tan.
- It gives light to medium coverage, nothing above that so if you want fuller coverage, this is not for you.
- Sometimes I use this as a setting powder to my liquid foundation, sometimes as a finishing powder, and sometimes worn by itself when I'm in a hurry or when I go to school (my school doesn't allow makeup)
- The packaging is just weird looking, I don't have any problem with is but it's still just weird looking
- The applicator (capillator?) doesn't really work well it absorbs the products and doesn't really do anything. I ended up getting a powder brush and use it for this product. I recommend you to use a kabuki brush (mac 182) or a blush/powder brush (mac 129 or 150)
- This made my face feels so soft, and I really like it for that!
- I know a lot of people will hate this product because of the light coverage but I like it since I don't need heavy coverage.
- The price is $29.50, where I bought it (not in US), the price was about $40 and I think its and okay price for the product.
- This product didn't break me out :)
- I would buy this product again, and I recommend it for those who want lighter coverage.

on 8/16/2009 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this. It feels so light, yet doesn't feel powdery. It provides a good amount of coverage, and the color match is great, it is like my skin but better! So natural looking, this is my HG foundation. I love mineral foundation, I don't wear liquid because it feels like too much on my face. I used to use Bare Minerals, but it didn't feel great, and it looked powdery. I do not plan on living without this! Natural yet great coverage. Oh, and I use a brush for this, I do not use the sponge it comes with. I have had it for months (about 6 months), and it still hasn't ran out (and I use it almost every day). Worth every penny!

on 8/5/2009 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this stuff! Gives light to medium coverage, with a long-lasting, matte finish. A spritz of water or Fix+ will give you a dewy look, and, I assume knock down some of the chalkiness - if you experience it.

Applies very smooth and has SPF 15, which is appreciated.
In my opinion, do not use the sponge in the container - a kabuki or flat top buffer works best.

on 5/6/2008 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst product I have used. The coverage is sheer, eventhough it says can be build to medium - full coverage. Doesn't last even an hour, even with a primer. And worst of all, every time I used it, it broke me out, and I don't have sensitive skin and neither do I get more than 2 pimples in a month. I am astonished how couple pimples pop everytime I use it. I need to return this product. By the way, packaging is terrible, the sponge absorbs so much of the products.

on 4/8/2008 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is pretty darn good! The color match is WONDERFUL for me (I'm c40, Armani 6.5, Laura Mercier tint in Golden Beige, MUFE F&B 34). I have slightly dry skin, and I feel no dryness here. I do wear sunscreen lotion underneath, though, so I'm not saying I'm putting this on unprepped skin. What I am saying is that this stuff covers imperceptibly and very well! I am well-pleased with how my skin looks with it on - not powdery, not ashy. And it didn't oxidize on me and turn, either. It does seem to last a very long time, as well, without settling or otherwise wearing away in some funky fashion.

Just overall, so far, very nice. No new acne reported with it, either. Just a nice, glowy-almost-satiny but not shiny or sparkly look. I can smile all I want and it didn't seep into my tiny crow's feet. I didn't apply it with the puff, but instead used a proper brush (the Lauren Hutton large mineral foundation brush - I think any doggone brush would do, though.

This didn't seem to have good enough coverage to act as a concealer, which is fine - it's a trade-off; instead, I got a look that seamlessly blended with the rest of my skin (no demarcation) which is a fair trade as far as I am concerned.

I like it!