November 23, 2014 | 1928 users online

Moisturizers - Garden of Wisdom - Immortelle HA serum

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by nanamoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not sure how to rate this product, because while I love GOW's HA serums, this particular flavor is not my favorite, since I'm not too fond of the smell or the texture/consistency compared to others I've tried (notably the grapefruit, cranberry, strawberry, pure HA, etc.).
I bought a sample size in hopes that it would speed up healing of acne scars, but I ended up giving it to my mom, since I liked the other flavors much better, heh. So I can't really comment on its healing properties. I guess this review isn't very useful for the Immortelle serum then...

I will say that my favorite HA serum so far is the grapefruit one. I really love the smell and texture; it's quite viscous, but not as much as the cranberry and strawberry (which I found to be a bit goopy...). I also have oily skin and I've found the grapefruit helps to control the oil production---not a miracle worker by any means, but a nice bonus.

Of the serums I've tried so far, I must say the lemon is the my least favorite. I'm not a fan of the smell, which I find too strong---nothing like the grapefruit, which is pleasantly piquant and sweet. Also, it has a very strange watery consistency that makes it difficult to spread.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product... I use it on a wet face mixed w/a bit of Burt's Bees Anti-Aging Serum, or their Rose Attar Serum (both of which i love), this helps my extremely dry and irritable complexion feel much more hydrated and that's exactly what I had hoped it would do. I have been using it for a few months and can say that I definitely see a difference in my skin... I don't attribute it to this SOLEY.. but I do think this has helped the serums and my moisturizer (atopalm mle cream) do more to help my skin than they would have alone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I don't like this one. I've tried several of the GOW HA serums and like this one the least. I actually thought I would like it the best but it's sticky and gets sort of "foamy" when I apply it. It never seems to dry. I can't wear it with makeup that's for sure. I used it for about a month just at night with a drop of argan oil but I just can't get past the sticky nature and the foamy thing it does when I apply it. I much, much prefer the Blue Mallow and actually all of the others I have tried over this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Silmarien

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my #1 favorite facial serum of all time. I love everything about it. The clear blue liquidy-gel texture is perfect, and unlike many serums and gels it sinks in beautifully, leaving no tight or sticky residue (those who are having issues with this are not properly using HA - it needs to be applied to a damp face). And because these are natural, they contain no silicone (which notoriously irritates my skin and gums up my pores). The light texture and Immortelle hydrosol (the main ingredient besides HA) are very soothing and refreshing. My skin is extremely sensitive and it keeps it fresh, clear, happy and calm. This is the only GoW serum I have ever bought a full-size bottle of (I'm always trying other HA's as I love to try new things) and the one I always come back to. The only other one I love nearly as much is the Cucumber Melon, which has many of the same calming, refreshing and soothing properties. I love this gem among serums and I will always have it around.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by SuzieDVv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think my two year love affair with GoW is almost over. I got their oily/dehydrated kit back in March 2008 and used it and for a couple of weeks my skin looked great. Well I've been using GoW products ever since and realised just this week that actually, my skin is not looking great and hasn't done for a long time. It's time for a complete reassessment of my skin care routine.
So to this specific product. GoW suggest that one or other of the HA serums is an essential step for all skin types. Well I've tried this one, and the Cranberry one and the basic HA with nothing added, and I'm really not convinced that the product actually does anything.
I don't even notice a little improved hydration or plumping effect.
So I will stop using this and see what happens to my skin.
If it deteriorates I'll update my review and will chow down on humble pie...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have skin that can never quite decide what it is. One period, it can be oily, the next few weeks dry. Most of the time it manages to be both at once, with all the problems that comes with these conditions.

I got the Immortelle HA Serum in a sample pack together with Honey Comb and Cranberry two weeks ago. I've used this for one week and it really does help to control acne. Not that great at adding extra moisture (Honey Comb is much better for that), I need to mist both before and after, and add a moisturiser most days or at least a few drops of safflower oil. However, as a balancing step it is wonderful. My skin really cleared up, but then I switched to just Honey Comb this week and I started breaking out again.

It is not really cheap, but considering 0,5 ounces will easily last you at least a month of not two of daily usage, the full size bottle of 2 oz would last me anywhere between 4-8 months, which brings down the price quite a lot.

I wish the bottle came with a dropper, of perhaps a pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this as a serum for my face but my skin hated it and it broke me out. This particular HA serum is just too heavy for me. I've used others in Markey's line that work better for my skin type that are lighter. Those of you that aren't finding benefits from HA may want to try spritzing hydrosol or water with or after application since HA bonds with water and holds it to the surface of your skin making it look plumper. HA is not a moisturizer per say I think it's supposed to create a moisture barrier and I've always found that moisturizing first was most effective. I used this bottle for joint pain from some old injuries. Dont ask me how it works but it seems to lubricate the joints and lesson the ache. Not even sure how that makes sense since HA isn't supposed to penetrate the skin barrier. Maybe it's the Immortelle. Not a miracle cure or anything but if you have a bottle collecting dust and joint pain give it a try. Worked for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by ruthless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's not bad but it's not fantastic either. I didnt see much effects on my skin. The Immortelle did not fade my acne scars whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!!! It is very soothing on my skin and it calms redness. I'm pretty dry so I still have to put another moisturizer on top of this, but this stuff is a great extra cushion of hydration. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by pinkandblack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It didn't do anything for my skin -- no redness reduction or anti-inflammatory effect -- aside from the typical plumping and moisture retention from the HA.