October 21, 2014 | 860 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - New Romantic Unicorn Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this set. I mostly use the eyeshadows, especially the top two. I like the glosses, and find I wear the top two the most as well. The blush has been used but I normally wear my favourite bronzer/blush that I'm using at the time. It seems to be lasting me a long time, although I do switch and change what make up I wear all the time depending on my mood. I doubt I'll need to buy this again as it's lasting a long time, but I certainly would if I need to. I got it free on a website deal (I just paid for postage) so it was very good value. It has made me want to try more Too Faced products as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by BreAnn21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the eyeshadows and the blush but I really do not like lip colours in any of my palettes. I ended up doing what a previous reviewer did and scooped out the 3 glosses and mixed them together. They make a really pretty colour. Alone they are blah.

The shadows are really pretty and I can do different looks with them. The blush is a nice highlighter. I am rather fair and it doesn't really do much but brighten my face up. I imagine this would be a nice blush on someone with a darker skin tone.

I would not repurchase because I doubt I will ever use it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 6:10:00 AM More reviews by zombiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit, the main reason I wanted to try this palette is because it just looks so cute!
The lipglosses have no colour-depth whatsoever, but give a nice shimmer to the lips. I am very pale, so the blush is a bit "too much" for my skintone, but when blended with a lighter powder it looks fine.
I am in love with the greeny/gray/black (the top e/s) eyeshadow, it blended beautifully to create a nice "smokey-eye" effect. The other eyeshadows are a bit generic, but they are okay as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDITED REVIEW:
Im changing my review for this palette. Originally i hated it but its grown on me. The l/g's are still crappy in the pigment dept BUT what i did was scoop out all 3 l/g's and mixed them together in a seperate container & now i have the prettiest pink gloss ive ever seen! Also, i used the gloss pans in the palette to press some pigments into so now i absolutely LOVE this palette. Id rebuy just to do it again lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by balmsaway

I wish I could give this 2.5 lippies instead.
love the package...the colors are wonderful. very flattering for me at NC20-25.
.but its a bit too glittery for daytime, especially sense I'm over 21. The blush is more of a glitter highlighter..its all very pretty, but only for evening for me. The gloss would have to constantly be reapplied for touch ups (so if you don't mind keeping it with you) and might be a little rough on the lips with the big slivers of glitter.
This is for a young adult, older teen in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2009 6:59:00 AM More reviews by parfait25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i was so damn attracted with the packaging, its basically the main reason of purchasing it... it's so trendy, slick and handy.. The eyeshadows works pretty good for me, pigmented enough and pretty easy to blend. i least like the deep forest e/s coz it turns into a dark grayish/brownish when applied with or without primer, i guess it would've been better if it's matte or not studded with gold/rusty glitz.

the lipcream... uhhmmm I don't know... I just like the apricot one, don't like the auburn/maroon glittery lip cream, it doesnt look good on my lips and the pale pink cream doesnt do good as well... too pale for me... the blush... gives me nothin but glitters/studs, so.. i only use it over a rosy color blush for night outs.. since it turns my face into somewhat a disco ball hahaha!
so again... I'm just a sucker for the packaging...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

Let me preface this by saying that the main reason why I buy palettes is to get a complete look that I can throw in my travel bag and be done with it. For this reason, this palette is below average for me. The main reason is that although I do think the eyeshadows are well-coordinated colors that can create a number of different looks, the blush and lipglosses don't really cut it for me. At first glance, it would seem that this palette does well on its own. It consists of a buttery highlight eyeshadow shade, a plum shade, and a deep forest green. All of these shadows have decent (but not stellar) pigmentation, are easy to blend, and have slight shimmer to them. There are three lipgloss shades - one is essentially white/clear, one is a peach, and the last is a berry shimmer. The lipglosses smell heavenly - like vanilla ice cream! Finally, there is a light pink blush. The problem I have with the lipgloss and blush is that they really have very little color/pigmentation. For gloss, I suppose that is just fine if you don't really want to add much color to your lips, but for me, they just don't show up at all, nor do they last very long. The pink blush doesn't show up on me at all, and if I layer it, all i get is shimmer. Thus, it seems that this is better as a highlighter than an actual blush. The only thing I *really* like out of this palette is the plum/berry eyeshadow. So this palette just doesn't work for me on its own and doesn't make travel any more convenient, since I still have to pack a lipcolor that actually shows up, and a real blush. It's OK to have in my collection, but I wouldn't repurchase or recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Too Faced is often dismissed as being a gimmicky brand, but when it comes to putting together palettes, they rarely put a foot wrong, and this palette is no exception.
The eyeshadow colours, a soft shimmery peach, a pluumy brown (similar to Stila's Barefoot Contessa) and an olive work perfectly together and in numerous ways to get different looks. Especially good for a smoky look for winter.
The blush is just gorgeous. A soft pearlised pink, it's a nice foil for the deeper eye shades.
The two darker lip gloss shades are lovely (they don't go on nearly as dark as they look) and work, while the lightest shade is best worn quite lightly otherwise it'll make your lips look too pale.
The whole palette is quite neutral toned, maybe slightly veering towards cool (mainly because of the blush) so this would be wearable for alot of people>
Gorgeous packaging, quality powders and glosses, and perfect colour combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by brandbre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette. I'm a sucker for packaging so...yeah. I got it at TJ Maxx for 7 bucks people. On top of that the colors actually look great on my AA skin. Who would have thunk it??? The only thing I can't use is the blush obviously. But I LOVE the top right lip color the best. It's almost gone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by tennis700g

This palette is just gorgeous it has a unicorn and butterflies on the front, too faced always has the cutest packaging. The colors are good I can't say its my favorite too faced palette, but I love the blush its amazing. The lip colors are very pretty and I like the eye shadows but I have to be careful because they are very pigmented and look too dark on me if I use very much. This is a very nice palette and I'm not sorry I bought it but I think it would look even better on someone with a darker skin tone than me(fair).