November 21, 2014 | 1678 users online

Cleansers - Solvere Acne Clearing Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by erincollard

LOVE this product! I've been fighting adult acne for about five years and tried every Neutrogena product on the market (and there are lots), Biore, Mario Bedescu, Proactive, etc. etc. etc. etc. and nothing got rid of it 99% until now.

The first month was terrible until my skin adjusted and my skin was worse for a month, but as soon as my skin adjusted, it has been so much clearer. Solvere gets rid of 99% of all my adult acne while other lines were at about 50-70%. My skin looks better than it has in ages. Very, very, very happy with Solvere cleaner and moisturizer!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Crystaal22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product for only 3 weeks because it made things worse for my skin. My skin did not feel clean after using this product. I was really disappointed because I read so many great reviews about this product but I think my skin is just immune to salycidic acid washes. They have never really worked for me. My acne is just mild but I get deep cystic pimples on my forehead mostly and that is where most of the oiliness from my skin is. I am just going to stick to benzoyl peroxide gels because those have worked well in the past.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This along with Solvere moisturizer is so wonderful!! I have light acne, but it has definitly cleared up even more since I switched from Murad Clarifying cleanser, which I think was either doing nothing or making my breakouts worse. I would prefer it to have no scent but I gave it 5 stars anyways. The scent isn't too bad or strong, its very similar to Neutrogena oil-free orange cleanser in pump bottle. Helps control oil but doesn't overdry -this is always a balance that one with acne/ oily skin is looking to obtain. I have started recommending this system to everyone struggling with acne. It's cheaper than some acne systems and much more effective and gentle than ProActiv. Hooray! (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've been using this cleanser for about 5 months now. It feels really gentle for an acne wash, yet it's still effective. It breaks down the oil on my face without over drying, and I've noticed that my skin tone seems a little brighter too. It contains aha and bha, so I guess that is probably why my skin tone looks more even, and why it's keeping my skin clear. It's a few dollars more than most drugstore face washes, around $14, but you can always find a code for skincarerx or lovelyskin and free shipping. At first I wished that it would've had a pump dispenser, but after traveling, I think the packaging is perfect as is, I don't have to worry about any spills. I will definitely repurchase again. I also love the moisturizer from the solvere line. Another cleanser I think is worth checking out from Topix, the makers of solvere, is their resurfix ultra gentle cleanser. It's a fragrance free gel type cleanser that is also capable of cleansing oily skin with out irritating it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My son has dry breakout prone skin. The poor kid breaks out from everything. Most acne meds just dry him out badly without helping much with breakouts. This stuff is fabulous, it doesn't dry him out and really does help clear his skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 9:53:00 AM More reviews by barbiH

Active Ingredients:
Glycolic Acid 5%. Salicylic Acid USP 2%.

Inactive Ingredients:
Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycolic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Purified Water, Red #40 (CI-16035), Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Triethanolamine, Yellow #5 (CI-19140), Zinc PCA