August 23, 2014 | 1090 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Marcelle - Sheer Tint Fluid Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by xxnikkim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know why they call this sheer moisturizer because I would say the coverage is light which is exactly what I wanted. I have an awesome daytime moisturizer (jojoba oil) so I wanted something that isn't sheer so it would even out my skin tone and cover any acne scars. I have fair skin with pink undertones that are very obvious but I don't have acne or anything so I don't need foundation on a regular basis. I have it in luminous beige and it is a perfect match for my skin, no having to spread it onto my neck! I usually do have to touch it up if I've worn it all day and I'm going out at night but that may be because I touch my face a lot so on my cheeks it tends to wear off after the work day. The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because their shade selection is weird, some are very yellowy and I can't tell which is meant to be the lightest shade. The reason I started really looking for a tinted moisturizer was because I tried lancome beinfait tinted moisturizer and loved it but it was way to expensive, it would always transfer onto my phone and the lightest shade was a bit dark if I applied to much but I love how dewy it left my very dry skin and had medium coverage without feeling like it. To me, this marcelle stuff is just as great, it leaves my skin a little less dewy but oily skinned girls may appreciate that, it transfers a lot less and for me luminous beige matches my skin awesomely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have this in Creme Beige and it is perfect for my yellow undertoned skin. It's slightly heavy and thick for a tinted moisturizer, but still easy to apply with your fingers and the coverage is light-medium (closer to medium).

Either way, it's just enough to even you out and give a beautiful, healthy-skin glow. It's not enough to cover dark acne marks, but that's what concealer is for!

In fact, it's actually really great everyday TM (which actually does moisturize, unlike many I've tried...) and wore it pretty much everyday for a few months.

However, I found it was slowly breaking me out after a while. Just a little bit, but it was consistent. There's something about this that is really difficult to remove (maybe the sunscreen?), and even though I consistently use a gel cleanser and my trusty MAC oil cleanser, there must be some sort of residue that is left behind by this.

I'm keeping it as a four, because it is a really great TM and would probably be HG status for me... if I could figure out what's going on with the breakout problem ):

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by UNICORNSxLOVE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Luminous Beige (NC-35-40) and I love it. Bottle has lasted me forever! blends perfectly with my skintone. Really nice luminosity, kind of goldeny. I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin because it is really dewy, but a natural dewy. I always use it during the summer/spring season when my skin needs SPF. Goes on sale a lot too.
Only con is that is smells weird when you put it on, but doesn't linger.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Initially bought the lightest colour and thought how nice the coverage and finish was. Then I went and bought the cafe au lait based on a makeup alley review and I just love it!!!! I used instead of moisturizer with a little pressed powder and that's all. Such a nice smooth finish and even though I have fair skin the cafe au lait makes me look super healthy and brings out my eye colour. This stuff smooths on so easily and covers all kinds of minor veins and flaws. My only complaint is that it feels a bit greasy and the nice finish didn't last :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by megtul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this tinted moisturizer! The colour (creme beige) matches my skin perfectly. The bottle, though small, has lasted me months as I do not need to use much product to smooth my complexion. This makes is worth the $15.94 that it sells for. The coverage is light, but enough to cover redness and blemishes. It is moisturizing and has a light feel to it, as opposed to heavy foundation. I use this in every season, and it moisturizes my skin, and leaves a dewy finish that doesn't look oily at all! I have never had a breakout using the product, and I use it almost everyday. Sometimes I set it with Physicians Formula Happy Powder (translucent) which sets it, and gives it a more shimmery look. It is a great product that I would recommend for those who don't like the cakey look or feel of thick foundations, but want good coverage and moisturizing effects.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Sabzzluvzzmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find the color luminous beige matches quite well for my NC 25-30 skintone...I have oily skin and it doesnt seem too "greasy" once I have set it with my mac studio fix powder foundation...I will repost if I dont like this seeing as I just bought it but overall I am not disappointed my skin is glowing and it gives me a beautiful even tone. so far so good

I decided I am going to return this prodect its too dewy for my skin type--just doesnt deliver for me but if I had dry skin I would probably love it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by kekenini

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Marcelle tinted moisturizer in Cafe Au Lait for over 10 years and love it! It is the perfect shade to give my pale skin a hint of bronzed color. It doesn't feel like a 'mask' like foundations do, it just feels like you're putting on a moisturizer. I make sure to blend down onto my neck to make it look more natural. It is just enough to smooth out uneven skin tones or minor flaws without without looking unnatural.
I've had people ask me what my secret is to smooth, glowing skin. I tell them and I've had lots of feedback later from them thanking me and telling me how much they love it, too.
Also, I have very sensitive skin but have never had a problem with this product.
Highly recommended! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Lorrainee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the color cafe au lait was perfect on me. it gives pretty sheer coverage, but enough for my liking. i don't like how it feels kind of sticky when you try to blend it in, and you have to use quite a lot. i am still looking for the perfect tinted moisturizer.. any suggestions!?

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to give this product a negative review. I paid around $14CDN which is a very reasonable price and the colour (cafe au lait) was a good match for my skin. I also liked the texture and coverage of it. However here's where it gets not so good: the product would not absorb into my skin so it transferred onto everything my face touched. Ew. Brown goop sitting on top of my face. I also have very nice normal skin and prior to this product, I had not had a single blemish in about one year. Then in the 2 weeks of trying this product, I experience about ten pimples. Whoa! Now it's in the trash can where I am safe from it and my skin is back to perfectly clear! I'm currently on the hunt for a good TM. Don't purchase this please.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by delawrence

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this was highly recommended by Shoppers Drug Mart cosmeticians as a replacement for Vichy Lumineuse (since 00 - Naturelle Satinee is discontinued). the colour & texture is good - so initially I was very optimistic, but, unlike the Vichy, I had a reaction to something in it - eyes burning & cheeks warm & turning pink (no kidding!) I am disappointed, as it felt & initially looked good - DON'T RECOMMEND BASED ON MY REACTION.