August 20, 2014 | 2148 users online

Cleansers - MD Formulations - Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin Formula

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by junglelulu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have slightly sensitive combination skin. I wear sunblock and a bb cream most days, so I get a bit of product build up and dull skin. I found this cleanser to really brighten and soften my skin.
I have also used the dermalogica ultra calming cleanser, which is ok, but I find this MD formulations one a much better product overall. I don't have any blemishes on my skin, but I really like this for the overall cleansing and softening effect. I usually am a bit sensitive to glycolic stuff, but this wasn't a problem at all. New fave cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by basquette

I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin. Using a product to treat my acne and impurities will usually cause itchiness, flakyness and my eczema to flare up. While using products that focuses on treating that sensitive skin, would clog my pores and give me acne breakouts. So, I've long since accepted the fact that this is my skin and it'll never get truly "good".

But a couple weeks back I decided to try this cleanser, because of its double target which is acne-prone and sensitive skin. Ever since, my skin has been gradually clearing up. There are the occasional impurities but nothing as extreme as I used to have. I'm so happy with my skin that I almost never use make-up anymore! I want to show it off - even though I have some redness, the occasional pimple and blackheads - I'm still sooo pleased with this product! The price is worth it for such a quality product and the packaging is different from "normal" cleansers with pumps and whatnot, but it doesn't bother me. The smell is "clean" but nothing overbearing. And while applying it there are gentle grains on it which feel very refreshing as I massage them into my skin!

Some people experience it to be drying, and I have too, if I use the product twice daily. Two things to prevent this that I have tried - and helped - is to use a gentle toner after this product is rinsed off. Water appears very drying on the skin. The one I use is Matis Lime Blossom Lotion. The other alternative is to use a "greasier" facial cleanser in the evening, this might be better as I don't think this MD product is particularly proficient in make-up removal. I mix it up, but at night I use Matis Delicate Cleansing Cream with the lotion.

Some people say MD products makes it go "worse" before it gets better. I want to appeal to everyone to try this product, because it's worked so well for me, even though nothing else truly has before. If you're wondering about what other products to use/combine with this cleanser, just contact me! Good luck to everyone with skin problems, I hope you find the right solution for you! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Pickiis

Does it even make sense when I say this melts white heads underneath the surface and dislodges blackheads? That's exactly what it does. I have very dehydrated blackhead/whitehead prone skin with occasional acne. The white heads and blackheads I get are very very small, maybe like pinhead size (sorry for the visual description), they are not something other people can see, but I can, and I can feel them, which annoy the hell out of me. I pretty much do extaction every second day if i have a small mirror in hand (i know this is really bad).This cleanser is great for clearing them. Something even the clarisonic couldn't do. This cleanser may not give the squeaky feeling that u get with foaming cleansers, but u just have to trust that this really does cleanse very well and get use to that feeling. It also doesnt dry my skin out like every other foaming cleanser out there, which means I need less moisturiser, which also means more breathable skin, better skin tone. I put half a thumb size of the cleanser on dry skin, massage in circular motion, add a little bit of water, massage for another 3 minutes or so, rinse off, then I may or may not go shower first before I wipe my face with a wet face towel. If I feel especially congested that time of the month, I may use it with clarisonic and a peel off mask after. Yeh, I will definitely repurchase again, but only the sensitive skin version, cos in worry the normal version might be abit too harsh.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by LuLu1322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the BEST cleanser. My face is bright and glowing after using this cleanser 2 to 3 times a week. It's pricey, but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by fivestar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this cleanser but I only use it once a day because using twice a day seemed to dry my skin out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by anirbef

great cleanser! i have combi skin with flaky areas, easily get dries if i use unaproppriate cleanser. this is really excellent cleanser, leaves my skin soft and glowing (my mom said!), no any nasty residue, and those flaky areas disappear.

what i dont really like : not really lather, so i have to put a bit large amount to make foam and it's too expensive. but still an HG for me, will repurchase.

update: my skin looks darker, maybe because the AHA makes my skin more sensitive to sun, but i've always use SPF during day. so i have to use this periodically,like 2 times a week to give my skin a recess from exfoliating.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by petal

I love this cleanser, which is surprising because I had a horrible experience with the Continuous Renewal Serum for Sensitive skin from the same line. This does contain AHA in the form of glycolic acid, but I have had no irritation from it at all. It's a cross between a lotion and a gel and it's fragrance-free. It leaves my skin very soft and clean, without drying it it out too much. Clean, fresh and no redness or irritation and that's pretty rare for me.
I think it's expensive, but the bottle does last forever, as you only need a tiny amount each time.
I can't say I have seen improvements in my skin, but I don't expect miracles from a cleanser. At least it doesn't break me out and doesn't irritate my skin and that's really all I hope for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Yelena1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very good glycolic acid cleanser with the proper pH to be effective. It's creamy and more of a lotiony cleanser, so it doesn't really lather. I find it to be pretty gentle yet it still works. If you have clogged pores, try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by pikushii

My first thought trying it was that it worked really fast! I got a real glow to my skin, it used to be really dull but even the first time I used it I noticed a huge difference. I've used it for about two months now, and unfortunately I've seen that it has lost some of it's effect over time. it kept away my impurities for a while, but it started gradually coming back a little. I'm not sure if that's the cleanser or the change of moisturizer though... all in all I'm going to buy it again, because I've never come over anything that makes my skin glow like this. Not a cleanser at least. I'd recommend it if you don't have major skin problems. I'm going to buy it again, because combined with another one of their products it keeps the impurities away!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I ordered a travel-sized bottle from eBay, because I was eager to try this cleanser. Iím very pleased with it, but because itís very pricey and I have to order it from abroad, I donít think Iíll be buying again. However, itís a very good cleanser for sensitive skin, though adding glycolic acid to the formulation seems like an odd choiceÖ but I havenít had any problems with it, and Iíve even been using it around my eye area. It cleanses my face thoroughly in the evening (I havenít been wearing foundation during summer, only sunscreen and light eye makeup), it doesnít cause any irritation, and isnít at all drying.