April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Cleansers - La Roche Posay - physiological micellar solution

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love to use this to freshen my face as an interim cleanse when the weather is hot or after working out. It's also nice to remove makeup mistakes. I love that it does not leave any discernible residue on my face, does not cause me to break out, and is unscented. I prefer this over the Vichy (which felt tacky, broke me out, and had a scent). I do not use it to remove my eye makeup because I tend to lose lashes and prefer something oil-based for removal for that reason. Overall, highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I was looking for a way to clean my face while not at a sink (my bathroom sink and my bedroom are three stories apart, so for really late nights I need an option where I can essentially clean my face in my bedroom). This was a great solution to use. I feel like it cleaned everything off, and better than a make up remover wipe by far. I am going to try the Bioderma Crealine next to compare, but overall I was pleased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not big into the micellar solution craze and prefer either my shisheido perfect whip or some cleansing oil, but I usually keep a bottle of this on hand. I don't believe in using micellar water as a daily thing but what I love this for are the nights when I am absolutely too exhausted to go through my night routine and just need to get my makeup off and go to bed. It doesn't dry out my already dry skin or make it feel tight, yet it takes the makeup off completely. This is a great stash product, even though I don't (and wouldn't) use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What an amazing, amazing make up remover! I've gone through my first bottle, and being a seasoned eye make up wearer (I've rocked a cat-eye since I was 13), the happiest I've been with an eye make-up remover to date.

Micellar solutions are probably the best way to get make-up off your eye, having used gel cleansers, milk/cream cleansers, soaps, rose water and everything in between, micellar solutions have proven to be the least aggravating products that don't make you have to push and tug at the thin skin around the eye area. I find that LRP micellar solution works best if you really wet an entire cotton pad (one per eye) and hold on your eye for a good 30 seconds, and with one swipe you will see all your eye make-up wipe right off. This is also great for removing dark lipsticks, no stains are left behind either. For the rest of my face, I use a balm cleanser like the one by Eve Lom, and I think that it removes the last bits of my make-up off. It doesn't take too long, and the whole process feels like 3 minute spa facial.

I will buy this product, but I'd definitely like to try the more elusive Bioderma micellar solution as well. Both are almost the same price, but LRP is more easily available in the your regular Boot's. Until then, however, this is definitely my HG eye make-up remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have never earlier used any kinds of micellar solutions, but Iīm positively surprised by this product!

I wear quite a lot of different lotions/make up on my face (moisturizer, an bb-cream with spf, bare minerals foundation, blush and too faced shimmer) and lately Iīve had the feeling that my la roche posay physiological cleansing milk + physiological toner donīt remove all of it. So I saw this one and decided to try it!

I use this every night before showering and washing my face with cleansing milk. I use this with cotton, and gently wipe away all make up (doesnīt remove waterproof make up! Not for sensitive eyes like mine!) and avoid the eye area. It usually takes two cotton pads till everything is completely gone. Then I just wash my face normally and use the toner.

I would not use this as the only cleansing product, because I think it leaves an "dirty" residue on face and I dontīt feel like my skin would be clean. But as an make up remover it works just wonderfully!
I have now been using this for a week and already now my skin looks more clear and clean, since I also get the spf away.

This runs out probably in a few months, but Iīm willing to pay 15 euros for a more beautiful skin. Itīs suitable for my sensitive and red skin, and almost fragrance free.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by george3b

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I wrecked my skin after using Soap and Glory's Peaches and cream cleanser and No7 wipes. Not sure which one is the culprit but my money is on the wipes as they feel like they have loads of alcohol in them. So I decided to go gentle and use this micellar solution as I already use other products from La Roche Posay and I really liked them.

First of all, my eye makeup didnt come off that easily. I did have to rub a little bit which I hate doing to my eyes. It was nice and gentle on my skin and left my skin feeling clean rather than with cleanser residue or dry and tight. It just felt nice and I'll give it a 5 star for that. However I noticed that my eyes did sting a little bit after that. I have sensitive eyes so I decided to continue using it for a few days.

Around a week later, my skin feels so much better. It is not irritated, dry or tight, or greasy. I feel really nice and clean after cleansing and my skin is definitely back to normal. Unfortunately my eyes are constantly sore. This morning my eyes were so puffy it was unbelievable! It was puffier than if I cried all night. My eyes are still a bit sore today so because of this I dont think I will be buying this again. I will try the bioderma one just because I like the feel of the micellar solution on the skin and how gentle it is.

Update: I'm increasing this to a 4 as I tried removing my eye mu using Lisa Eldridge's method and my eyes no longer sting. I think it is actually the debris from the mascara that was causing the eye irritation. This does a pretty good job of removing mascara and light face makeup but I still dont think it's stellar. I recently bought the Bioderma Sensibio and that was just superior at removing makeup - you can do it with no pulling or tugging of the skin around the eye area at all. However I do like the scent of LRP's as it smells gentle but luxurious. I dont think I will repurchase though as it will then be just a luxurious redundant product and way more expensive than the Sensibio. I will use Bioderma to remove makeup and the LRP physiological cleansing gel to cleanse my face.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after hearing all the good things about micellar solutions. I bought it in a USA drugstore called USA. I paid 21.00usd for 200ml or 6.76 oz
It did not remove my eyemakeup completely. Had to go back to the L'oreal one or the Maybelline , Almay or simply cold cream.
As for removing makeup on the face, I think it does a fair job when used on normal? skin or dry skin. It does not strip.
For oily skin, the face did not appeared cleaned, not red or ilrritated but unclean????
However, I think it's a fantastic product, less expensive than other brands (Lancome had one now that is outrageous, it comes in a sprau).
For daily use, it would become expensive, unless you are ok with that

AND, today, after I colored my hair, I used it to wipe the spots on the forehead, neck and guess what? works PERFECT, I mean perfect and it was not irritating. So I will save it for this and other occassional uses but not for everyday

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If this was better at getting off mascara, and was half the price, it would be HG material. Readily available on the UK high street from a brand I trust to perform and not cause problems. The packaging looks high-end, mixing luxe and laboratory. Its' clear bottle emphasises that you're using a cleansing "water" with a great dispenser top. It leaves my skin feeling clean, fresh and hydrated. Never dry, taut or irritated and no residue. I feel it leaves my natural oils and lipid barrier intact. I can just whip over with this and not have to wash, rinse or tone/prep. I love that it's soap, alcohol, paraben and colourant free. La Roche Posay products always seem to work beautifully with my skin rather than against it. I would love this if I didn't need to use such a on my cotton pad. It doesn't remove eye makeup to my standards. I wouldn't mind so much if it contained 500ml rather than 200ml for Ģ12. It's something I will keep in use for certain situations. It's perfect for a quick morning freshen up, or if I need to remove a bit of product and continue. I enjoy using it, but I can't really afford to have it as my main cleanser. I recommend their Physiological cleansing gel - not as fuss free but gives much more bang for your buck and comparable if not better results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is my first foray into the micellar solution/cleansing water market. I have been using this for about a month and have been loving it. It takes off makeup and leaves my face feeling fresh. This has taken the place of my makeup wipes. It does not quite take off some of my more long lasting mascaras but I'll forgive it that. It is a bit pricey at approx $19-20 for 200mls. I'm interested in trying some other brands of micellar solutions including the legendary Bioderma, but I'll keep this one on the back of my mind for future repurchases when I've tired of experimenting.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by danai

It didn't do much for me. I don't know what else to say about it. When it comes to a cleanser, it's as simple as: does it cleanse well and easily? For this, the answer is no to both.
I got this as a free gift with another purchase, and I don't feel I really need around, even though i do use it from time to time in order to finish the bottle and be done with it.