October 21, 2014 | 906 users online

Lipstick - Boots - No 7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in Classic Rose

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by oneskyred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This colour is classic, and will suit a variety of skin tones. Its not very drying (though I do use a balm underneath to prevent this), and has staying power! I tend to use a brush with this colour, as the tip is rounded with no point for doing the top lip (I'm normally a little lazier).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by ItalianBerry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this colour. This is one of my regular-rotation lipsticks. I'm in my twenties and have olive skin so I'm always quite picky about lipstick colour considering it's hard to find one that suits my complexion.

This colour looks really great when I have a tan, and pulls any make-up look together. It's really pretty and feminine. I think it's a really timeless colour and for any age (my mum uses it too).

It's quite thick/creamy (which I personally prefer) and can be a bit drying but if you apply a good amount of lip balm (I use carmex) beforehand and let it soak in for a few minutes then apply the lipstick - it doesn't dry out your lips. I do find myself having to re-apply maybe once or twice throughout the whole day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by mg1013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Classic Rose is the perfect name for this shade, as it delivers exactly the color you'd expect. This is definitely a good color for a classy but not overdone look. However, it's not as comfortable to wear as the advertising would have you believe (shocking, I know). It's moderately drying -- not as much as other drugstore lipsticks, sure, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "hydrating" as Boots does. The pigment also fades unevenly even when you take care to apply it and avoid touching or licking your lips. It lasts evenly for about 3 hours, but if you don't reapply, the lipstick pretty much vanishes from the center of your lips while leaving the outer corners still brightly colored in a jarring sort of nineties "LOOK AT MY LIP LINER. LOOK AT IT GODDAMN YOU" way. Speaking of which, you might actually be able to negate all these problems by using a lip liner before applying Classic Rose . . . but that's a little more high maintenance than I want my drugstore lipsticks to be!

Because this is a highly dupeable shade with some wear problems, I'm not sure whether I'd buy another tube in the future. Then again, it's currently free in the Deco Darling gift box at Boots, so if you wind up getting a tube for free, it's definitely worth a shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is ok but i like the colour. It can be a bit drying but it lasta good on da lips. I dont think i will re purchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Beautiful formula, glides on, lightweight yet perfect coverage, lovely coral-y rose colour, very flattering on me (medium-tan skin). I've NEVER used lipstick with such a good formulation as these no 7 ones. I have several.

Well, I guess YSL might be better, though I haven't tried those. Anyway, AMAZING quality, great colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! super creamy and so moisturizing. this is a very nice pigmented coral shade, i find this to be a pretty good dupe for mac see sheer, just that this one is a little more pigmented. would repurchase, love this colour

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by liyahloveslipstick

When I saw the no7 brand at my local Target I had no idea what it was. I was not planning on buying this lipstick at all, but when I tried it on I fell in love!!!! Now, I am a lipstick fiend and this lipstick has thee best quality I have tried so far! I would put it next too MAC's matte finish however, it is much creamier. I can't wait to buy more colors! This brand has definitely replaced my obsession over MAC...for now ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by kpoole

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep trying to find a replacement for the wonderful discontinued Max Factor Lasting Color lipsticks. Stay Perfect is similar in the long lasting color and not as drying as many other lipsticks. However within an hour or two the color was pretty much gone. I also find the color range limited and quite awful. Too brown toned and either too dark or too pale. I wish they would offer more rose, berry toned colors in the middle of the color spectrum. Raspberry (a new color) is the best I could find.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

To me this is the kind of pink, that I already have alot of, its akind of run-of-the-mill neutral toned, dusky pink. So if you are looking for something a bit different then this isn't it, but it is wearable if a little garish on my warm,pale skintone.
I agree with the previous reviewer, in that it isn't particularly long lasting and it can also be a little drying, so I probably won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

I only bought this lipstick because I had a money off voucher for No 7 Colour Cosmetics. Even without that, it's not badly priced.
It's quite a creamy lipstick & it does leave your lips feeling "comfortable and hydrated" as they say on their website. It claims to last "for up to 8 hours" which is a bit meaningless, since even five minutes is "up to 8 hours". It lasts nowhere near 8 hours, but quite a lot longer than 5 minutes. I wouldn't class it with the top longlasting lipsticks, but it is probably not bad considered along with ordinary lipsticks.
The colour isn't one I would usually choose, since pinks don't generally suit my colouring (fair skin, auburn hair) but I wanted something to go with a particular outfit. I think this would be described as quite a werable pink - not in your face at all, although quite distinctly pink nevertheless.
One think I dislike about it is that it comes with a blunt end. I much prefer my lipsticks to have a point to them, even though I appreciate this does get worn down. It generally wears down to a shape that suits the way you apply it . I can only imagine that they think everyone is going to use a lip brush. Only when I have the time!