December 22, 2014 | 1073 users online

Mascara - TheBalm - Two Timer Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by weezee111

I used to work for Sephora, and people asked me every single day if I was wearing false lashes (no) and which mascara I was wearing. This was my every day go-to! I used the volumizing end first, then added definition with the other end. Not water proof, but held up ver well throughout the day. Also, I have long, straight lashes that never hold a curl unless I wear waterproof mascara. This one does the job without being damaging to my lashes. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ballerboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this mascara really good for lengthening. I must say that I found with the "Definer" brush way better than the other side, "the volumizer" brush. This is the only mascara (definer brush) that actually coats each of my lashes, separating them with no clumps! No flakes at the end of the day and easy to wash off using a cotton ball with olive oil which I usually use to wash my eye makeup anyways. I would buy it again just for the "definer" side of the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by cassandrabecky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had to write a review for this mascara because I loved it initially, but then forgot about it while testing a whole slew of other mascaras, including benefit they're real and hypnose doll lashes....I saw this in my drawer and remember my initial liking for it so decided to use it again and it reminded me HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS. Honestly, no other mascara clearly lengthens my lashes as much as this. I really only use the lengthening side and I have a lot of lashes to begin with. I've come to the conclusion that this is one of the best out there and I will not stray very far from it again. HG status has been achieved!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

TheBalm's two-timer mascara is splendid and classy. Mind you, I've always been a fan of the 1960s-1970s so the packaging is cute! I have very thin lashes and this mascara helps keep that natural look while defining it. No complaining here! The ingredients do not contain mercury and are safer than 80% of the mascaras out there, while making you look attractive without girls pointing out how clumpy your mascara is. The trick is, if you have long lashes, you need to layer only once from each side. If you have thin lashes like myself, do two! Follow instructions and do the lengthening first. I've had someone try it for the first time and she was super amazed at how long her lahes became! This is my HG mascara besides another.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by omfgxstephhi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

doesnt clump and doesnt flake
loveee this
do thicken them a bit and darken them and lengthen them a tiny bit it looks pretty natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by greenmascara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this mascara. I like that it adds definition color and length - it makes a big difference in the way my lashes look - AND looks completely believable in broad daylight! I'm on my second tube of the stuff. And it's cruelty and paraben free. Very good.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Paulabt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like one side of this double ended product. One end makes my lashes clump but the other one is nice. I can use all of the product by switching the brushes but that is a lot of wasted effort considering the cost of this mascara. The mascara is good, one brush is good but the other one (which is supposed to be the fine end) clumps. I don't wear it everyday so I am in no rush; I will keep looking for the right mascara for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by juliatats

My eyes are super oily, and this had no staying power for me. It did not hold a curl, and ran after a couple of hours. However, it was very smooth and applied well, so I really wanted to like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by dreamwatch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't live without this. I adore this product. Yes it is difficult to remove, but the benefit of that is that unlike every other mascara I own, it isn't giving me that 'I've been punched in the face by Iron Mike' look by lunchtime. Holds my curl, doesn't smudge, and gives my stubby lashes a beautiful defined length. It's cruelty free, and free from:

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates

Usually getting a product that's cruelty free and that contains fewer nasties means sacrificing quality. Not this time. I'm in all kinds of deep love with this. I only wish it were more commonly available in the UK - ASOS keep it, but are out of stock right now. As I'm currently in Australia I'm going to stock up from Kit Cosmetics. It's costs more than in the UK, but I NEED it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by macompanick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stolled into Sephora looking for the new Fresh mascara, but the SA swayed me to The Balm. Honestly, I decided to buy it because it was $7 cheaper than Fresh. I've never been a fan of two-sided mascaras, but this actually has two wands (both sides contain mascara) - it's not a primer and a mascara.

The rubber bristle side is actually pretty good. Two coats produce a nice result. The brush side is a whacky shape and honestly, doesn't do much for my blonde lashes. The Sephora SA claimed it really fans out the lashes, but not for me.

My big gripe with this mascara is that it is very, very difficult to remove. As far as I know, it's not a waterproof formula, but it takes a lot of extra face cleanser to remove at the end of the day. I pretty much refuse to buy a separate eye makeup remover, but I don't like to waste my cleanser (it's $30 bucks a pop!). I have sensitive eyes (also wear contacts) and if I don't get all the mascara off at night, my eyes are irritated the next morning. This mascara will be two-timing its way back to Sephora.