Lancome Photogenic Ultra Confort [DISCONTINUED]

Lancome Photogenic Ultra Confort [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

I used to splurge on skincare and makeup being Lancome my favorite "high end" brand.
But a few years ago I decided to try a few drugstore products in order to save a little money.
Many of these products, specially skincare, have worked, but it has been very hard to find something close enough to this specific foundation: it matches my yellow undertoned skin, conceals redness and brown spots, make my pores and lines less noticeable, looks satiny, my skin feels moisturized, is very easy to apply with a brush or fingers and has a lovely scent I enjoy.

Of course, the only downside is the price. I´ve almost given up trying to find a good cheap foundation that suits my needs. Honestly I´m just waiting to try Ideal Flawless from Avon and if it doesn´t work as I expect, I will return using Lancome Photogenic for special ocassions only. For a daily basis I´ve found Skin79 BB Cream works great.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I mainly use it is I am going to go out somewhere nice, as (as the name implies) it makes my skin look really nice in photos, and since I have bad skin this is a very nice addition to my make up collection. It is a smooth formula that does well with a primer or without. I recommend setting this foundation with a loose powder - slightly lighter in colour than the foundation - as it can be a bit 'dewey.'

I don't like the packaging because I'm clumsy and can still manage to spill it everywhere! So if they have put this foundation into a pump bottle (I don't know if they have, I bought mine ages ago) I will be a very happy puppy!

I bought mine in asia in Beige diaphane 03 and it suited my colour perfectly! Will buy this again once it runs out. Or I'll try the new photogenic foundation ^_^

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Im very surprised by all the positive reviewes. I think it's one of the worst foundations i have tried so far. It does give moisture, and it is confortable on the skin. But its looks terrible and make my skin seem really yellow.

This is a fabulous moisturising foundation, with the most beautiful glow to it. I reckon it takes 5 years off me! I have dry skin overall, and find that the lasting power is pretty good but I get a small amount of shine through the T-zone later in the day. (Nothing a sweep of powder won't fix!) Great for those who have a golden based skintone, and looks fab at night. I love it!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I cant believe that I had never tried this before!!!
I have tried every foundation brand you can think of and they have all failed my dry, very yellow toned NC37-ish skin. So when I went along to the Lancome counter, I never even expected to find a colour match, let alone anything else.It seems that the Photogenic range run yellower than the other ranges of Lancome foundations. I picked out the 03 Beige diaphane and when I tested that along side the other '03' shades, the Photogenic foundation was much yellower, which was perfect for me. I also saw that this was 'ultra confort' which was for dry skin. So everything seemed ok, but as I had been let down before, I wasnt pinning my hopes on it.
Its been two weeks now, and my skin is glowing!!!! The leaflet that came with the foundation says that the 'Ultra confort' has vitamin C, Ginseng and Gingko in it, which are meant to have revitalizing propeties and that certainly seems to be the case, as my dry skin looks smoother and doesnt feel so tight. With other foundations, after about 5 hours of wearing it, my face feels tight but not with the 'Ultra confort'.
The formula itself is creamy and glides on the skin easily. You only need a small dot to do you whole face. It covers any redness or imperfections well and lasts surprisingly long. When I check my face after 8 hours or so, my skin still looks flawless.
As with any foundation, if you put to much on, its going to look caked. It has a fresh clean scent, which is subtle and not overpowering (Take note Dior!!)
I also prefer a tube to a glass bottled foundation, as its more hygienic, easier to carry in your purse and doesnt smash when I drop it on the bathroom floor!!
If you have normal to dry skin I really would get a sample of this. Im so please with this foundation, and Im happy that my search for the perfect foundation is over.And its been a long search!
PLEASE dont discountinue this Lancome!
EDIT: Well, Lancome have gone and discountinued my favourite foundation! The hunt starts again for a replacement.......

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a foundation that would make my skin look beautifully flawless and radiant whilst keeping my skin hydrated. Usually when I try most foundations-and believe me I've tried a fair few-they usually show up all those nasty dry flakes that I tend to get on my nose and forehead. I went to the Lancome counter in desperation and the assistant chose this foundation for me.She gave me a makeover and by the end of it,I looked flawless and it lasted all day. However in the days that followed I tried to recreate the look but the foundation seemed to sink into my pores and after a couple of hours,my skin was dull and patchy even though I had mousturised thoroughly.Sometimes the foundation looks ok but most of the time it is very disappointing-definately not worth the money.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Although this give great cover and gives a great complexion, I have sensitive skin and since I've used this foundation I've had no end of skin trouble, causing angry red rashes around my nose, burning sensation when applying on my eye area. I have never experienced this kind of skin trouble before. Have thrown it away and am going to try LRP Toleraine.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

First of all let me just say that I'm a complete foundation junky, buying them like crazy one after another, but Photogenic Ultra Comfort is one of my favourites... and that says a lot. :)
It's on the heavier side, but feels very comfortable on skin and spreads pretty well. But, hats of for the coverage! It's very good, medium to full, which is really hard to find among foundations that are targeted for dry skins. Rave!
It also adds a little radiance (unfortunately not as much as Chanel's Vitalumiere or Dior Pure Light) and leaves your skin looking very pretty and well rested.
I have it in #010 Porcelaine, it is the lightest shade available (warm undertones!), and even though it looks outrageously weird (dark and strangely yellow) at first it disappears into my skin right away and becomes unnoticeable that I'm wearing any foundation.
I see that some reviewers mentioned that it looked greasy on them - I believe it can only be so if they don't have dry skins. This is not at all greasy on me. Lot less of that dewy 'shine' that Vitalumiere or Pure Light provide.
Oh, and if it only HAD that Dior Pure Light's luminizing agents in it... then it would definitely be my Holly Grail! Khm, are you reading this Lancome? :D

This product covers pretty well and is suitable as a concealor if you do not want to apply to the whole face. I used it to cover the dark eye circles and blemish scars and it works wonders. But I would recommend this for those with drier skin as oily/combi skin will not hold the foundation well. Overall, this is a good product though the price is rather steep.

For me....Ivoire II is the perfect match for my fair, but ruddy skin tone. This is Definitely not for those who 1. don't have a "dry skin" issue 2. don't want medium/full coverage. This is definitely not a light/medium coverage kinda foundation. If you're looking for the "no foundation" look/feel...this probably isn't for you. But, with that said: A lot of people make the common mistake of using wayyyy too much of this product, and then not blending well enough either. You need such a small enough to cover your face...it spreads quite well. I've used this on many people, but I would never advise this to someone unless they were looking for this kind of foundation in particular. Also, keep in mind...this is a "hydrating" foundation, so this means it is supposed to add hyration to the skin...that is a main reason why it is for a drier skin. If you aren't that dry, but still need coverage...then you will probably be happier with trying something else. It covers beautifully....just remember to use verrrry little....and blend. But this is not your "slap it on and go" kind of foundation:)