August 29, 2014 | 673 users online

Polishes - L'Oreal - In the Buff

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Lilymon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this polish!! Perfect nude color with high shine! Pretty good lasting power too, its my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by michyg

I love this nail polish... I am now on my second bottle of it. My mother originally had the first bottle but stopped wearing polish so it was donated to me and i instantly fell in love with it. It's a frostyish, white, shimmery, irridescent colour... beautiful for everyday wear because it almost makes your nails look like a french mani in a way (i've acutally been asked by a friend if I had gotten a french mani while wearing this polish). The polish goes on streak free and is easy to layer for different looks. At the moment I am wearing it in three layers for a more solid colour but you can wear two for a more irridescent colouring. The brush is graet... not too wide or skinny so you don't get it everywhere you don'twant it. It's my go to colour when I don't feel like wearing anything too fancy or colourful. I wish the bottle was a little bit bigger tho... its fairly small for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a GGG and love this color, it's exactly what I'd been looking for (a lookalike for Rimmel's Magnolia Pearl). I initially bought it because someone mentioned that this is like OPI's [old] Bubble Bath, that was more white (Giada DeLaurentis' signature shade). I like 2 coats, which is sheer for me.

This is easy to apply, streak-free, fast-drying, and long-lasting. I'll re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with Hedgehog's review below. It's a fantastic sheer white with shimmer. And as an Essie fan, it's often a toss up between a couple neutral Essies and In the Buff (with L'Oreal winning). It's a great two-coater, gives a nice clean manicure. When I want something on my nails I don't have to think hard about, this is it. Love the application of this formula and especially the wide brush. I'm warm, tan, MMM, brown hair and brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

In the Buff is a pale buff cream in the bottle but on my nails it becomes more of a soft white. This shade has subtle shimmer that adds to the soft, finished appearance. If I look closely, I can see pink shimmer and a bit of aqua shimmer. I like two coats, which makes this semi-opaque. If you prefer a more sheer look, you can get even coverage with one coat. I have also seen this look nice as an opaque, 3-coat manicure. I am fair and cooler toned with pink nailbeds which show through the polish (at 2 coats). I can see this being very flattering for both warmer and cooler skintones. In the Buff looks very clean and lady-like and I like it very much. I found it applied easily. If you are a fan of Essie sheers, you might like some of the L'Oreal Pro line (and because the L'Oreal bottles only hold .39 oz., they really are not that much cheaper). If you wait, they will probably go on sale ("buy 1 get 1") at which point they are quite a bargain.