American Classics - Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat

butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, nitrocellulose, phthalic anhydride/trimellitic anhydride/glycols copolymer, acetyl tributyl citrate, stearalkonium hectorate, camphor, etocrylene, hydrolized keratin, calcium pantothnate

This product is amazing! For those of you who want a DIY gel manicure, this is it.

First and foremost, for those of you ONLY using it as a top coat - DON'T. It doesn't work well that way. What you should do is use it in between layers to lock it in. Here's what I do: Orly base bonder + Seche base coat + thin layer color (let dry 1 min) + 1 layer of this (let dry 3 min) + thin layer color (let dry 1 min) + 1 layer of gel (let dry 3 min) + top coat.

Yes, it is time consuming but your manicure lasts and lasts and doesn't chip. I haven't done a gel manicure (except for my wedding) since finding this product over two years ago!

I work as ER nurse. I wash and sanitize my hands A LOT. Regular nail polish never survive even one 8 hours shift, so i stopped use my owen nail polishes and started to go to a manicure salon for gel nail polish, which is vert expensive.
I have read about this gelous top coat in pinterest and got it from ebay, which was pretty expensive (25$) and gave it a try.
WOW!!
Nail polish in now staying for 5 days chip free and survive the hardest shifts.
I use:
-1 coat of gelous
-2 coats of my nail polish (essie or China glaze)
-1 coat Sacha vite
-1 coat gelous
Sounds to messy but its really not.
Highly recommended!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased this product after watching several tutorials on YouTube on how to make your manicure last. Now I'm giving three stars because I do use cheaper brands of nail color so this could be the reason why this top coat does not work well. For one, it takes a very long time to dry. Two, once it does dry it bubbles horribly. I've tried to use it on a cheaper and more expensive brand of color and I get the same results. As far as chipping goes....it did last maybe 3 or 4 days before chipping. I honestly don't remember because I was so aggravated by the bubbling I just took the polish off. I've tried all of the various methods I saw on YouTube and I regret to say that this product is surely over rated.

I'm in love with this product. Makes any polish last for five o seven days in perfect condition, without chipping (used over the basecoat, between layers of polish, and before the top coat). Nails look fuller and stronger. I just buy three more bottles; I can't go back to living without this.

I love this stuff! I switched over from seche vite because it kept making my entire nail polish peel off in one piece. After reading some reviews I adopted the method of using this as a base coat, 2 coats of polish, and then using it as a top coat as well. I can easily go a week with no chips. My only complaint is that now that my bottle only has about 1/4 left it's gotten very thick, and goopy, which also happened with my seche vite. I'm hoping I can use some thinner to revive it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

it seems like all this did was just peel off my nail polish easier.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Gelous is, for me, a miracle product. I've been wearing the same polish for four days with minimal tip wear. I've tried several other base coats and never found any that gave me more that 24 hours before chipping.

After all the stellar reviews I just had to get my hands on this stuff! So I was able to pick it up from my local Sallys. I don't remember the price but it was cheap :)
So after several manicures, trying various techniques, I am extremely underwhelmed. I was meticulous in ensuring my nails were clean and oil-free before applying. I managed 3 days before the first irritating chips appeared, it was all downhill after that. I expected my mani to last at least 4 days before major chipping. I got that with my cheapest base coat. Maybe it's me but this product was a fail and I will try something else with hopes for better results.

2 stars only because it applies smoothly and I had a great finish - too bad it didn't last...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Short of receiving a defective bottle, I am completely lost as to how my results skewed so far from the others. I followed many reviewers' instructions to a T, used good quality polish, and handled my nails (and hands with care). So, you can imagine my surprise when my polish not only bleed (both Maybelline Color Show on my toes and Ciate Ice Cream Nail on my hands) onto the brush as I applied, but I got major chippage within 2 days. Sure, it left a nice shine and the brush is amazing at smooth application, but I feel so disappointed! A coworker of mine showed up using CND's Vinylux and after a week, her nails look great (and professionally done) so I will try that one out instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG basecoat and I've been using it for several years now. My manicures wear like iron with this and it's cheap at Sally's so it's a win-win for me. It makes my nails a lot stronger too. Love it!