Galderma - Benzac AC 2.5 (benzoyl peroxide water-based gel 2.5%)

4.3

on 5/28/2015 1:45:00 AM

Bought this on Tuesday, it is now Thursday.

I say I have combination skin, but on the parts where my skin gets greasy, it gets really greasy. I use blotting paper on my nose/forehead about 5 times a day or those areas are so oily they look wet. Given this, I accepted that the big black heads on my nose that I have had since I was 11 or 12 were permanent features that nothing in the world could get rid of.

While on the oral contraceptive pill I had perfect skin for the most part, but after coming off of it I have had mild-moderate acne issues. Blackheads (forehead, nose, chin), a few pimples at any given time (forehead, cheeks, jaw, chin, nose) and plenty of white heads on cheeks/ forehead.

Have used for two days as ( for a couple of hours as directed, read the pamphlet thoroughly people!), and while it irritates my skin if not washed off thoroughly, and is INTENSELY drying (makes my skin look like red sandpaper!) I think I will continue using this in smaller amounts a couple times a week.

Because HOLY CRAP IT WORKS. It is the oddest thing, seeing the prominent blackheads I have always had on my nose start to actually disappear- I expected this would just dry out pimples but this gel has exceeded expectations.

It works fabulously but beware it is itchy, irritating stuff and will dry your skin. And always start on the 2.5%

on 4/15/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This did not work for me at all. It irritated my skin around the pimple/acne and did nothing for the actual pimple.
I used this while I had painful under the skin pimples along my cheeks and forehead. My regular Neutrogena Spot Treatment at the time was not enough to clear it.
So I picked this up at my local Chemist Warehouse and used it for about 1-2 weeks. This made the skin around my pimple dry, flaky and red. It was horrible!!!!!!!
Now I know that my skin doesn't react well to Benzoyl Peroxide. So i ditched it and went back to my Neutrogena Spot Treatment.

on 7/21/2014 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Absolutely brilliant I don't say that about really any skincare but this is 10/10. It isn't thick, heavy, oily, drying or anything it's just perfect. Before I used benzac I had these pimples around sides of face that would not go away no matter what I did, I tried loads on face washes, oil free, unclogging etc none worked at all. Then after 2 days of benzac 2.5% the pimples just come to the top ready to squeeze it's great.

on 6/11/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been searching for and trying out an acne topical medication for years but none works as efficiently as this one. In all honesty, this is not a miracle product but it does keep my acne under control which is fantastic. Each time i feel a bump on my skin, i will apply a little amount on the bump and the next day, my skin will either be smooth or it will develop into a pus which i can extract easily. Please be warned that it DOES make your skin dry so make sure you use a good moisturiser after.

on 1/6/2014 11:00:00 AM

This product cured my mild acne. I have been obsessed with acne remedies reviews for a few years, researching how to get better skin.

I read up about Galderma 2.5 and decided to tried it. It had been about 5 months now, and I'm happy to notice that I have been able to confidently leave the house without makeup (for years, I felt the need to cover up my acne scars or any breakouts). My very rarely get breakouts now and because Benzac 2.5 is mild, I am thankful that I have not noticed any severe drying out of my skin.

I would completely recommend this!

on 10/11/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I used the acne.org treatment with this, by rubbing it all over my face after using a gentle facewash. I used it for several weeks, and although it promises to reduce the redness and flakiness after the first week, mine went on for three. I couldn't take it anymore. My skin was so dry and it was so painful to rub it all over my face, that I just stopped. Although my acne cleared completely and I had such a beautiful complexion afterwards, the dryness just wasn't worth it. No amount of moisturizer could fix that. I went from having a super oily face to a face with absolutely no oil whatsoever. Just as well, I shouldn't be putting such harsh chemicals on my sensitive face. I don't suggest anyone do the BP routine. I think it would make your skin better but not in the long run. You wouldn't put BP all over your body, would you?

However, with that, I still do use BP on spots. I won't rub it all over areas but I put it on pimples. This works best on pimples you know are going to emerge but hasn't. But you can feel it. Put some BP on it, twice or thrice a day (after a clean face) and the pimple will not emerge. For existing pimples, put it on, and it will come to a head faster or disappear completely. It's not a miracle product. It won't flatten your zit in one night. But it does move the process quicker.

TL;DR don't use this for all over your face, use it solely on your pimples. Dab, don't rub.

on 10/11/2013 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this!!! I put it one acne-prone areas of my face ever night and my face is clear and smooth and the last time I had a break out was before I used this product and it's been like two months. I used to always be on the search for something to keep the breakouts on my cheek bones under control, after a clean and clear scrub broke me out majorly. However if you use this I would recommend putting on a sun screen in the morning a a moisturizer at night as benzyl peroxide can be very drying. If your thinking of buying it you should go for it, it could be the solution to your breakouts, unless you have really sensitive skin. Benzyl peroxide is also the main ingredient in proactive which heaps of people swear by, except proactive is way more expensive and they make you think you have to buy a million products for it to work when really it's just over priced benzyl peroxide in a really high strength thats going to irritate and over dry your skin. This stuff is amazing, go buy some.

on 10/9/2013 4:29:00 AM

It very wonderful My face is clear and smooth after i used it!! At first my face is very nasty and a lot of ance over my face white head , blackhead after 2week my face is clear and i love this product!!

on 10/1/2013 7:45:00 PM

I found this really really effective some nights, like I would wake up and my targeted pimples would be completely free of heads and just a small bump, but some mornings I woke up expecting to see improvements and saw absolutely none. I'm going to use this until the bottle is finishes and then try a different product, if I can't find anything better i guess I'll just use this again.

on 9/25/2013 10:55:00 AM

This is my absolute holy grail. I've been struggling with intermittent breakouts and hormonal cystic acne since my early twenties. Tried many treatments with varying degrees of success. My friend recently introduced me to this and I was completely amazed by how effective this is, especially since I've tried another benzoyl peroxide product before (Oxy) with no success. With Benzac AC, I saw a difference within 2 days and my skin cleared up within 2 weeks. Even the cyst that had been brewing in my chin for 2 months went away after a minor outburst. This also somehow caused my skin to be less oily. The only downside I've experienced is that it is a bit irritating on sensitive areas (the sides of my cheeks itch when I use this).

Popular Treatments (Face)