August 29, 2014 | 967 users online

Treatments (Face) - Galderma - Benzac AC 2.5 (benzoyl peroxide water-based gel 2.5%)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely brilliant I don't say that about really any skincare but this is 10/10. It isn't thick, heavy, oily, drying or anything it's just perfect. Before I used benzac I had these pimples around sides of face that would not go away no matter what I did, I tried loads on face washes, oil free, unclogging etc none worked at all. Then after 2 days of benzac 2.5% the pimples just come to the top ready to squeeze it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Luuuna

I have been searching for and trying out an acne topical medication for years but none works as efficiently as this one. In all honesty, this is not a miracle product but it does keep my acne under control which is fantastic. Each time i feel a bump on my skin, i will apply a little amount on the bump and the next day, my skin will either be smooth or it will develop into a pus which i can extract easily. Please be warned that it DOES make your skin dry so make sure you use a good moisturiser after.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Wallywally

This product cured my mild acne. I have been obsessed with acne remedies reviews for a few years, researching how to get better skin.

I read up about Galderma 2.5 and decided to tried it. It had been about 5 months now, and I'm happy to notice that I have been able to confidently leave the house without makeup (for years, I felt the need to cover up my acne scars or any breakouts). My very rarely get breakouts now and because Benzac 2.5 is mild, I am thankful that I have not noticed any severe drying out of my skin.

I would completely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used the acne.org treatment with this, by rubbing it all over my face after using a gentle facewash. I used it for several weeks, and although it promises to reduce the redness and flakiness after the first week, mine went on for three. I couldn't take it anymore. My skin was so dry and it was so painful to rub it all over my face, that I just stopped. Although my acne cleared completely and I had such a beautiful complexion afterwards, the dryness just wasn't worth it. No amount of moisturizer could fix that. I went from having a super oily face to a face with absolutely no oil whatsoever. Just as well, I shouldn't be putting such harsh chemicals on my sensitive face. I don't suggest anyone do the BP routine. I think it would make your skin better but not in the long run. You wouldn't put BP all over your body, would you?

However, with that, I still do use BP on spots. I won't rub it all over areas but I put it on pimples. This works best on pimples you know are going to emerge but hasn't. But you can feel it. Put some BP on it, twice or thrice a day (after a clean face) and the pimple will not emerge. For existing pimples, put it on, and it will come to a head faster or disappear completely. It's not a miracle product. It won't flatten your zit in one night. But it does move the process quicker.

TL;DR don't use this for all over your face, use it solely on your pimples. Dab, don't rub.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by AriAdem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this!!! I put it one acne-prone areas of my face ever night and my face is clear and smooth and the last time I had a break out was before I used this product and it's been like two months. I used to always be on the search for something to keep the breakouts on my cheek bones under control, after a clean and clear scrub broke me out majorly. However if you use this I would recommend putting on a sun screen in the morning a a moisturizer at night as benzyl peroxide can be very drying. If your thinking of buying it you should go for it, it could be the solution to your breakouts, unless you have really sensitive skin. Benzyl peroxide is also the main ingredient in proactive which heaps of people swear by, except proactive is way more expensive and they make you think you have to buy a million products for it to work when really it's just over priced benzyl peroxide in a really high strength thats going to irritate and over dry your skin. This stuff is amazing, go buy some.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Careaunyarin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It very wonderful My face is clear and smooth after i used it!! At first my face is very nasty and a lot of ance over my face white head , blackhead after 2week my face is clear and i love this product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Glowerist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this really really effective some nights, like I would wake up and my targeted pimples would be completely free of heads and just a small bump, but some mornings I woke up expecting to see improvements and saw absolutely none. I'm going to use this until the bottle is finishes and then try a different product, if I can't find anything better i guess I'll just use this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Yzabel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute holy grail. I've been struggling with intermittent breakouts and hormonal cystic acne since my early twenties. Tried many treatments with varying degrees of success. My friend recently introduced me to this and I was completely amazed by how effective this is, especially since I've tried another benzoyl peroxide product before (Oxy) with no success. With Benzac AC, I saw a difference within 2 days and my skin cleared up within 2 weeks. Even the cyst that had been brewing in my chin for 2 months went away after a minor outburst. This also somehow caused my skin to be less oily. The only downside I've experienced is that it is a bit irritating on sensitive areas (the sides of my cheeks itch when I use this).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by manximoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having dealt with acne ever since my teens (now 28) I know how emotionally draining it can be. I went through Roaccutane (which helped but it's too dangerous to use that forever) and Salicylic acid treatments through Neutrogena and Clean and Clear and this helped for awhile but then it wasn't all gone at all.
I decided to go the natural way with honey and baking soda and lemon juice as a toner which was a big mistake I never had worse acne then those 4 months of "experimenting".

I didn't want to go the chemical way but I had to give Benzoyl peroxide a chance. I noticed my acne went down (not all gone but definitely better) in a week which was fantastic and the following week my face peeled A LOT but I stuck with it and now my face is sooo much clearer. I wish I didn't have to suffer with all the other stuff.

I still use bit of baking soda mixed with my gentle cleanser once a week because it really gives me that clean feeling and baking soda really removes all the grime.

-It's cheap (unlike many acne treatments)

-It's simple to use (no fussy instructions)

-It gets rid of the acne-causing bacteria - YES PLEASE!

-It increases skin turnover so that all the previous acne flakes off

Now if you're wondering should I try it I recommend that you DEFINITELY give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OH MY GOODNESS. Yes I will buy this again, a million times over.

I don't even know why I didn't try this earlier. I read on MUA about calamine lotion and gave that a shot. Gave aspirin masks a shot too. Honey masks, tick also. The formers work really slowly.. It took me 3 weeks to see results. But this gem right here, I saw drastic results within 2 days and all I had to do was apply the cream to my face in certain areas, wash my hands. THAT'S IT. No messy procedures like the formers.

I don't have acne but I had stubborn pimples that were not going away plus hormonal ones that pop up in masses. The ones that would stay under your skin and hurt. I would try pop them (yes, I would) and then apply zinc creams (Sudocreme/Avene Cicalfate, the lot) but nothing would make them go away. I was sick of the condition of my skin. Bumpy areas with little pimples popping up that wouldn't go away, large pores. MASSIVE blackheads on my nose. Huge whiteheads around my nostrils. Sorry for the disgusting image. White little bumps all over my forehead - whiteheads? Oops, guess I'm not that sorry. You get the idea. Apart from my t-zone the rest of my face felt smooth and looked healthy. It became annoying, I had good skin except for those flaws!

This fixed the lot. I started the first day by applying it on my cheeks.. I wasn't expecting much. But wowwwwwwwww, inflammation has subsided a significant amount. When I washed my face in the morning, I had no pimples that HURT! Sure it dried out my skin a little bit but I would put a light lotion on during the day and repeat treatment at night (at night because I do not want to combine this with being out in UV rays). Day 4 of using on cheeks - pores are so much smaller. Area is heeling up well. Pimples are going away. AWAY. The same ones that have been there for 4-5 months.

Can you tell I love this product? The pimples around my hairline and forehead are going away. The whiteheads are drying up - I then exfoliate and they.. disappear. Smooth skin is coming!!!! Nose is smooth.. and blackheads. WHAT BLACKHEAADS?!!?! During my treatment, I did not use any face make up.

PS: my brother is going through puberty and is suffering from acne on his back and chest. This gel combined with exfoliating and moisturising is doing the job.

Btw I use St Ives Green Tea Scrub or St Ives Apricot Scrub FOR SENSITIVE SKIN. The beads are finer.

Good luck and thank you to MUA and all who reviewed this product and shared the love. I am truly grateful.

EDIT: $16 at Priceline for the 2.5%. My brother uses the 5% one. I would recc those who have sensitive skin (I get eczema on my face) like myself to start off with 2.5.