September 23, 2014 | 939 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Gold Bond - Ultimate Restoring Skin Therapy Lotion with CoQ10

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful body lotion! It moisturizes deeply, making your skin feel soft and nourished for hours, unlike many others I've tried that have made similar claims. The only "con" for some people may be its strong, herbal scent. However, it isn't an artificial herbal scent (thank goodness) nor does it linger more than a few minutes. Great job, Gold Bond!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

This is my favorite drugstore body lotion, for daily use I usually use Alba unscented original (the giant bottles that i get on vitacost for $10 last forever), but I like to rotate this a couple times a week during the colder months. It sinks into your skin quickly and completely, but is very emollient and long lasting, and as other reviewers have mentioned the high urea content is great for exfoliation. I wish it was completely unscented since I find fragrance in lotions completely unnecessary unless you're going for a certain scent, but its smell is pleasant enough that I use it anyway and don't find it interfering with my perfumes. I wish the price tag was a bit lower or the amount for this price was more, it would be quite pricey if I used this for my entire body every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion! Very moisturizing, smells great. Not sticky or tacky, but I can still feel it on my hands and feet in the morning after applying it at night! My skin is not overly dry (except for my feet), it might be a little heavy for the hot months but it will be wonderful in winter. I have to admit, I've even used it on my cheeks (not in the eye area) and neck. The urea is exfoliating, you will wake up to the softest skin ever. I'd be careful about using it on face/neck if your skin is very sensitive, but I've had no problem. Kind of expensive for a drug store brand, but I think it works as well or better than very high priced products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Espressophia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My all-time favorite body lotion! I am extremely picky with my lotions. I hate when they're too runny or thin that they disappear from my skin after two minutes, yet I also hate when they're so thick that they don't fully absorb and leave behind a greasy residue. I am also very particular about scents-- nothing too strong, floral, artificial, overpowering or clashing with my perfume, yet at the same time I hate fragrance-free lotions because I still do like a little bit of scent (and honestly, the fragrance-free stuff ends up smelling like wallpaper paste anyway). All I want is a nice, clean, fresh smell... is that so hard to ask for? Enter this little Gold Bond gem. I never would have given this stuff a second glance while perusing the lotions at the drugstore because in my mind, Gold Bond = Itchy Foot Powder. Eww. But I had read a good review of this stuff by Paula Begoun and decided to give it a shot (I definitely don't think she's the reigning Goddess of Cosmetics Reviews, but about 60% of the time I agree with her opinions). Luckily she was spot on with this one-- a sufficiently thick yet un-greasy lotion that smooths on like a dream and keeps my skin quenched and moisturized all day. Like really, ALL DAY. Plus, it has a wonderful fresh scent that I can't quite put my finger on... maybe like a spa-esque, enhanced aloe scent with some other fragrant plant extracts. But either way, it is not overpowering, it doesn't smell like fake chemicals and it gently drifts away before I apply any perfume so as not to clash with whatever scent I really want to smell like for the day. It also has a bunch of great ingredients like the antioxidant CoQ10. It's not the cheapest for a drugstore lotion, but you are truly buying a quality product and no cheap, goopy Suave glue-paste paraded as lotion could even compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by patfl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a body lotion that would help improve the skin tone on my legs and this was recommended by Paula Begoun. I'm pale, with freckling and brown spots on my legs. I can't use self-tanner due to a reaction to the ingredients, so I had to find a product that would make my bare skin look more even. This product is great! I use it religiously on my legs after a shower - and sometimes in the evening. It has made a definite improvement in evening out my skin tone. I also use it on my arms and neck/chest - but not as frequently. Now that I wrote that, I'm wondering why not?? I highly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jmacfan1

I bought this lotion for my hands. Worst purchase ever. If you have sensitive skin I don't recommend buying this. It turned my hands bright red and the itched and burned. I had to run to the sink real quick and scrub it off. I will never purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by CyndiK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I returned this after one application because of the scent; the first night I used it I had to take a second shower to wash it off because the smell was keeping me awake. So everyone is different, but I suggest unscrewing the top at the store and taking a whiff before you purchase.

Then, at Ulta, I unscrewed all the lids of the body lotions that were highly rated on Beautypedia.com, meaning well formulated with antioxidants and cell communicators; the one that had the lightest scent was "Olay Quench daily lotion with vitamins E & B3" (healthy amount of B3/ niacinamide); I've been using it happily for a week with no issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by gabbyiella

moisturizing.
MOISTURIZING!
the best lotion ever.
doesn't break my face out- meaning a good face moisturizer.. even though its not stated.
this lotion just makes everything soft and clean feeling!
the scent is so light, it smells like you just came from a spa.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by kanshefle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Great product! It is very moisturizing but doesn't feel thick or heavy at all. Plus, it has lots of antioxidants. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

Paula begoun says this is the best formulated gold bond lotion due to its high urea content (around 10 percent) this will help moisturize and exfoliate dead cells. Along with antioxidants tocopherol acetate (vit e derivative) niacinamide (b3, skin lightener, barrier restorer) and magnesium ascorbyl phosphate( vit c derivative) and coq10( ubiquinone) this is an awesome lotion to really heal dry skin . I agree on paper it seems like the best to keep skin soft and supple and young looking. I use this on my hands. It feels tacky-er than the softening lotion and has a distinct scent. I don't mind it but I would prefer fragrance free. Be careful not to use too much or it'll get ugly, quick. My gripe is lack of Spf for day time usage. It softens quite well but not as well as my crabtree and Evelyn hand cream. It's a close contender behind the softening lotion however for it's readily available stock, low price, and ingredients. I buy this in the tube btw . It's easier to travel with and to get every last bit out.
Update: loving this as my go to hand cream for night, in the day I use ss

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No