Make Up For Ever Star Powder - Iridescent Red 949

on 3/6/2012 3:27:00 AM

I was honestly hoping for more out if this. I had been looking for a nice red eyeshadow that wouldn't fade and had great intense pigmentation. I was so excited when I got it. I opened it and let me say, keep the plastic seal on it after you use it, or put some tape on it because this stuff goes everywhere. For as much as you pay for it you would think the packaging would be better.

So aside from the disappointing packaging, i tried the eyeshadow on one eye with primer, a skin tone one, and then with nothing on the other eye. When the shadow is applied , with or without primer, it goes a funky pink tint. Its really disappointing. If you really pack it onto the eye lid you can get a nice red color, but it fades so quickly. Ive tried it many different ways with different primers, even some clear face primers on my eyelid and it still wont stay or turns pink.

I definitely would not buy this product again, it was disappointing and for the price its ridiculous.

on 12/29/2011 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Very bold red when applied heavily. However, the minute you start to blend... it turns pink. The color itself is nice but I just don't think it's worth what they charge. I see nothing remarkable about it.

on 4/3/2008 4:11:00 PM

EDIT: They have this color on Sephora site now!
Got this last year when I first started my addiction to these shadows. For some reason I was really into red and HAD to have it. And it's not available at Sephora, so I called up the MUFE store in NY to order it. I also ordered their brush roll and it came with a really strong leather oil smell?? Haven't had much use for it so it's just rolled up in the corner. LOL Me and my impulse buys. Anyways... this is a really bright, pretty red. Wore it only on Halloween. Don't see myself wearing it on a regular workday. But it's really pretty and I'd buy again if I had to, which I won't cuz I won't be using it often. So FYI, if you want to buy anything from MUFE that you don't see at Sephora, you can just call up their store in NY to order.