September 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Eyeliner - NYX - Felt Tip Eyeliner Pencil

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by allegoriest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this eyeliner in Dark Brown. The color is nice for a more natural/subtle look than black liner. But I find it somewhat difficult to use. Even storing it upside down like it says, after the first couple lines it gets kind of dry and hard to get a clean line. It also dries pretty much instantly on my skin so there's no way to smudge it or fix mistakes.

This eyeliner is water based so soap and water will remove it. Putting it on the waterline is impossible, it doesn't stick. It lasts pretty much all day, but I don't think I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by LynneaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used all kinds of felt tipped liners. I purchase some at the IBS show in Chicago many years ago and loved them right away. I love a sharp line. I've used Revlon and pretty much every drugstore brand out there. My Revlon was dying on me so I decided to pick this one up in Jet Black on a buy one get one 50% off day at Ulta. I can't speak to it drying out. I do love the color of the black.. very nice. It is also very wet (I've only had it a few days) but after one or two times I just adjusted how much pressure I use when applying. I don't have any problem with the way the tip feels on my eye.

I like that I can make a thicker line at the outer edge of my eye with a little kitten flick. If I want a smudgier look I use a thin angle brush and some dark charcoal/nearly black eye shadow and smudge the edge a bit. I am sure this also helps to set it. I have had zero problems with it coming off during the day or even when I was out dancing the night away or taking dance lessons.

I only wish it was waterproof. I won't wear it when I am going to be swimming I'll have to go back to my KISS product that is truly waterproof. But I love this and will buy it again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by catpopulation

i dont like this eyeliner. the tip is really dry and it is soooo hard to apply

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Aureo

Some people say it dries up really quickly but it didnt happen to me. I've had this eyeliner for around a year and it's still really inky!
Felt tip is a bit too thin to my liking though, I need to apply multiple times to make a nice looking line on my double eyelid. Lasting power...hmm...I guess it's alright. I wore it for 12 hours yesterday and it didn't start smudging until the 7th hour so I guess it does what it says. Down side is, the colour comes off if you touch your eyelid!
I bought this from eBay so the price was really good! Will not repurchase though, there should be better liquid liners out there!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh, I'm kind of disappointed with this product. The tip always dries out easily and rubs off in a blue-ish color (I bought the black one). Otherwise, it gives a nice line, but it bugs me how the tip is so stiff.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by yannc2021

When I first tested it I thought it was great. The felt tip gave very precise and smooth lines on the back of my hand and when I rub it it didn't come off easily. It should be waterproof but when I wash my with water it comes off very easily! It does not stay at all on my eyelids. It starts to smudge shortly after I apply it on my lids. Also the ink doesn't come out when I apply it over my eyeshadow. I am wondering whether it's because I didn't put primer. I will try it again sometime. But overall I'm very disappointed with this eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Suppie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This item dries out wayy too quickly, even so, I like this liner a lot. It gives me a precise line every time. I always do a winged out eye and this product does the trick for me in no less than a minute. I use to used the L'oreal felt tip liner but they totally reinvented the formula and now it sucks. I bought this for $7. It's pretty pricy for how long the product lasts. ( I'd say about a month max), but it works- so until I find something that tops this as my hg liquid liner, i'll stick to this little pen that dries out wayy too quickly..

I also find this product to be a bit harsh on my eyelids. From the felt tip name, you would have thought it would give you a nice featherlight application, but the felt is really hard on this pen and sometimes it hurts while applying the product..

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

I was super excited to try this out - saw that Jen from the 'frmheadtotoe' blog liked it, so I bought myself one. This isn't the first liquid eyeliner I've bought, but it's definitely the worst. Despite the really thin, precise line which I LOVE!, and how easy it is to work with, the tip dried out within a week and a half. Yikes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by lboogy

The one product in my arsenal that I simply cannot live without. I'm one of those people that just has an absolute hard time putting on eyeliner. Even the professional artist that did my the makeup for my wedding mentioned that it has to do with my eye shape. Even though I wanted to slap her across the face for making me feel like I had "alien eyes", I realized she was right. I usually end up triple piling my eyeliner and it's always super thick. Ulta was having a BOGO sale on NYX products so I picked up two of these eyeliners and I havent looked back since. It's the eyeliner I reach for to perfect any squiggle lines from using other eyeliners

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by jing116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good eyeliner. Does what it says. It smudges a little (but most eyeliners smudge for me - except for Loreal liquid liner). I got the Jet Black and the Dark Brown; both very nice colors. It is very easy to control, but I think it is too thin for me. I have to draw an outline and then fill it in (I usually do around 0.75mm line). You will NOT be able to remove this without eye make up remover. With other liners, i can dab off mistakes immediately after making them with a tissue/q-tip. With this, the moment you put it on your skin, it's set.
Like others said, it is very similar to a marker (like a Sharpie).
After reading the reviews here, I'm nervous about it drying out so I'm going to keep it cap down and keep you updated on how long it lasts.
I would say I will buy it again, only because I got it for $2! TWO DOLLARS!! (I still like Loreal liquid liner more)