September 17, 2014 | 1289 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Kanebo - Kate makeup base UV

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by chien_email

Not sure if this product comes with a different SPF, but mine says "SPF 29 PA ++" instead of "SPF 26" as what the first reviewer had listed.

Did not like it in the beginning; thought that the product is a tad oily and does not make much of a difference. However, been stressed lately and skin is looking terrible and used this after applying moisturiser, but before loose powder, complexion does look a wee bit better. But unlikely that I will repurchase.

Bought this at Central Departmental Store when I used to live in Thailand.Can't remember how much it was, but definitely not expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I purchased this thru mail order, love the texture, a smooth feel that dries quickly in case if one is using liquid fdn, the packaging, in a squeeze tube with a pointy application tip. However, it leaves a whitish cast that stayed put and altered the colour of my liquid fdn, this is probably due to the titanium dioxide which provides the physical block. Not good. I looked like a geisha. I will reserve this for my neck & ear. I can forsee using this under a bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by blueblood91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

kate is a cheap japanese drugstore brand, but like many other drugstore brands in japan, kate's products are high-quality and innovative, and it's one of my fave brands. the makeup base applies as a white cream, but it's very sheer and the whiteness disappears immediately after spreading it out. the slip is great and it imparts a luminous glow on my skin. coverage is minimal but it gives a fresh-faced look when you want to go for a natural, no-makeup day look. it does a great job at evening out my skintone (i have patches of red on my cheeks on a bad day), making me look glowy and healthy. it has SPF 26 and PA++, offering pretty decent protection against the sun. as far as i can tell, it's shimmer-free, making it a great primer for foundation and powder when i want extra coverage. but on a good day i just use moisturizer and this primer, and my face looks totally fresh. it retails for 1200 yen (i think i paid about $10 for it) and you get 25 grams of the product in a squeeze tube. i'm on my second tube of this thing, and i still love it.