September 24, 2014 | 1445 users online

Eyeliner - Giorgio Armani - Maestro liquid eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by VickiMorgenstern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

With bold eyeliner trending big this season (Winter 2013), makeup artists are looking for the best eyeliner that can deliver carbon black dark pigmented color, staying power, versatility to create thin to think lines. Also, the truest test is if you can draw the thinnest line near the lash line to enhance the thickness of the lashes. The first time I bought this liner I was in rapture!! It could even draw over the glue of a false lash strip. The second time, the felt pen did not deliver nearly any product at all. It was brand new and seemed dried out. So, I am giving this product a three for inconsistency. And, I am still on the hunt for a consistently great liquid liner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know how to feel about this product as I really like the packing and the color. My only problem is that I don't think it gives that much color by one stroke. I don't know if I got a dry pen or what gives but I find it difficult to use as it don't give a nice black line, but looks dry on my eyes. Unless I press really hard which of course hurts a lot so I won't do that... But but but when it works fine I'm really pleased with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 7:39:00 AM More reviews by lsklindaskagan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product very much. It is the first liquid EL I have used. I bought it in May, 2010 and still have the same tube, so it lasts a long time considering I use it 3-4x a week. I store it upright in a glass and have not had any leakage problems with the packaging, which is sleek. It is easy to apply and I agree with the others that it does not take too steady of a hand to achieve a nice line which makes the upper lashes look fuller since you can apply the EL close to the base of the lashes. Easy to remove with eye makeup remover; have not had any smudging problems, either. Would definitely purchase again, if it ever runs out! Thus, good value for the money since it lasts a long time, at least in my case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Serena94

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only liquid eyeliner I can use... it goes on like a very smooth marker. The tip is not too thin and pointed, nor too blunt, so you get a perfectly beautiful line.. this is also not a liquid liner that needs an excessively steady hand. Hold it still enough, and it will work. That's all that is necessary. An HG liquid eyeliner, for certain.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by alicebt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great first eyeliner, since it makes it very easy to achieve an even line. However, if you're already skilled, this is not worth the price, although it will last you a looong time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Kinda pricey but worth it. This gives a smooth matte line that is defined. If you have trouble getting the perfect line, this is great because it helps you get a straight line. I'm sure you can get something similar for less but there's just something about GA packaging that makes me think this is better lol

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Dulcissima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of liquid eye liner, in fact i purchased a YSL liquid liner but hated it soo much that i wasnt even tempted to look for an alternative. Then I came across Maestro Liquid Eyeliner and I loved it! its the perfect dark black its soo easy to apply, you can control the thickness of the liner,i would sometimes just use a very faint line to fill in on my upper lid between my eye lashes which gives it this subtle effect of full eye lashes...I also found it amazing at creating flicks at the edges..if you hate eye gel brushes and you've got a shaky hand this is the best solution....what i did for an evening look is i drew a line on my upper lid using MAC smolder, then i re applied on top of it the maestro liquid liner then on the edge i did the flick and it looked sooooooooo good!!!! defintely would repurchase it! its not a cheap eye liner but by all means its the best tha I have personally used!
i highly recommend it!! nothing is sexier than a flick with red lip stick!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by bren81

This was part of the promotional package that included a full size mascara, a full size of this eyeliner and a full size of their lip shimmer, a cosmetic bag and a sample size of their foundation and bronzer (liquid). The eyeliner has a felt tip application which has a fine tip at the end for precise application. The color is not that dark and the pigmentation is not very deep or rich. I would have to apply 2-3 times over to get the result I want. It is also quite watery and runs. I have to make sure it dries completely before blinking (which is normal for liquid type eyeliners but this take longer to dry than my shisedo one but shorter than l'oreal eyeliner). This also stings my eyes which is a common problem I have with most eyeliners. I only use this when I want dramatic look for a short time as over time it smudges quite a bit compared to my gel/cream eyeliners.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Booska

This is a nice matte finish eyeliner but I fouud that it had to be used at a slant or else nothing came out. Its great for creating a flick - the Armani website has the following:
maestro liquid eye liner

A long-lasting, water-based liquid eyeliner with a tapered pen tip that provides ultimate application precision. This unique calligraphic tool produces sharp contrast and definition to the eyes. The matte black liquid shade creates a sultry and dramatic look.

Precise application
Long-lasting formula
Elegant matte black shade

application techniques
For subtle definition, use the tip of the liquid eye liner to dot color onto the base of the lashes. For more dramatic impact, use the slanted side of the tip to create a wider line boldly extending beyond the eye.

I wouldnt repurchase because I found lots of tiny black bits in my make up bag, which were caused from the plastic outer on the pen itself. Bits were on my make up sponge and brushes and I had to wash everything. Really annoying as it kept happening!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2008 7:35:00 AM More reviews by sesamestreet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the depth in colour of this el and I find it very easy to apply. The main issue I have is that it bleeds onto the inner corner of my eyes! I'm only using it from mid lid to the outer corner of the eye using a khol pencil for ther innner corner. I will hold off repurchasing until they come up with a waterproof version. Pity!