November 21, 2014 | 942 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Colour Eyeshadow - Earth Reflection 609

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this beautiful palette after 'meganheartsmakeup' recommended it on her youtube channel and said it was the perfect everyday eye. I am not a massive every day eyeshadow wearer, and often only wear eyeshadows in the evening when I am headed out. This palette, however, really does create the perfect every day eye and there is a few different looks you can get with it! I will agree with a reviewer on here that has said the palette has a lot of silvery tones, but the looks that can be created with it are diverse and can go from day time to evening through adding a darker eyeshadow base such as a Maybelline Colour Tattoo.

The quality of this eyeshadow palette is luxurious, as a product from Dior and with such a price tag should be. The are buttery and the colour pay off is fantastic. They also last a long time, I have been using the palette for quite some time and have only made a small dint in the pearly white shade as I use it in my inner corners everyday.

I would defiantly go out and purchase this if you want something thats simple, easy to take with you when travelling and very flattering for all skin tones! The high cost will be worth it in the long run. Best eyeshadow I have used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

My first ever eyeshadow palette! Right now its a little crumbled but I still use it :)

The light beige and pink colour are very sheer, very shimmery- good as highlighters.
The darker beige is shimmery too and a little more pigmented.
My favourite is lighter brown- shimmery muted warm brown, looks great all over the lid.
The darker brown had the best pigmentation, again shimmery, great as eyeliner too!

Overall its very shimmery but versatile palette. Basic colours, the packaging is sturdy, simple and elegant. You have to like shimmer which now I like less.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

No. No. No.

This is a silver palette. Honestly, that's all I get from the colors! They're a silver brown, a silver pink, a silver light brown, a silver beige, and a silver dark brown. Yes the colors blend beautifully, because the texture is soft and velvety, and also because you can't tell the slightest difference between any of them! They're just silver. Frosty and shiny. Think the 80's being futuristic with tin foil. Terribly unflattering.

The packaging is quite nice and sturdy, the product looks lovely in the packaging, and it swipes pretty enough to guarantee purchase. But actually putting this on my face? NO.

I can't make this work. And I can't return it now, it's been so long since I bought this. I wouldn't give this to a friend (at least not one I'm fond of hahaha) And I can't put this up for swaps. So I'm stuck with a useless product that takes up space in my makeup collection. Won't repurchase and won't purchase another of their quints. So disappointed!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Expensive but so worth it. They are silky and beautifully pigmented, blend perfectly and have great staying power. Not all day but a good 4-6 hours under television and film lighting. and they are easily touched up without grabbing or flaking. i love the Dior palettes and most of the MUA that I know in the industry have them as a staple in their kits.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was tempted to try this after I saw it used on Marion Cotillard for the latest Vogue cover she did (admittedly I am gaga over Marion cotillard and think she's gorgeous) so when I saw that they used this on her in the cover I ran out to try it. Well, this hasn't made me look like Marion cotillard, especially since Im a short middle eastern girl with brown eyes and a completely different face haha. but nonetheless this is a beautiful quint. I had given up on dior quints a while ago but I believe theyve been reformulated so that the color actually has good payoff and stays quite well. Theres a beautiful sheen to these shadows that is not a glitter or glimmer. Theyre not too metallic or over the top. I love that. They are not completely matte either, but theres almost a sheen + holographic quality to them and they can be so easily layered and blended because they are so finely milled. The color payoff is amazing. I have worn this two nights in a row now and gotten compliments both times, and have been able to do a few different looks with this. I believe its a super universal quint, and even better than Incognito imho, because incognito has that matte finish to it which can be trickier to blend for us gentiles. The colors to me, seem like a neutral bone/gold, a light holographic type of pink (great highlighter for under brow), a metallic taupe, a mousy brown. I love it. It can be used for an everyday nudey eye as well as a night smoky eye and its so easy to use and blend these colors together. The quint was a bit pricey like all Dior quints or just all high end eyeshadow in general (bah), but I was so impressed with the results that I have no probs dishing out the moolah. Also, I dont like the case that is so boxy and occupies so much space in my makeup bag, but nonetheless, such a small price to pay for such an amazing product. Highly recommend.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette is so sexy! All the gorgeous neutral shades I love in one kit! this kit gives me natural but sexy eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

This is my HG eyeshadow! It's always in my makeup bag. Beautiful natural colors, blends really well and stays on beautifully the entire day. Really easy to apply and it doesn't smudge. Also, I love the little velvety pocket it comes in, saved it from breaking when I accidentally dropped it to the floor once. By far the best eyeshadow I have ever purchased. Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by AudreyGrace82

I love this palette. Overall, it's a cool brown/neutral combination of shadows that looks great with blue eyes and fair skin. Sometimes it's hard to find browns/golds that aren't too warm, so I think this is perfect. It's very shimmery, but not glittery. I use a matte color in my crease (either Mochacchino (matte brownish taupe) by Lancome or Print (matte gray) by MAC) to tone it down. It gives it the perfect look.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by akmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy shimmer batman! The silver shimmer in these overwhelms the actual colours. As always with Dior shadows these are blendable, pigmented and long lasting but the shine is just too much for this girl. The silverness of it overwhelms my face and washes me out. I did get some use out of it on Halloween though... Will probably pass this on to a darker skinned gal who may be able to work it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This quintet is great but a little bit too shimmery- not glittery (forget NARS disco ball effect). The texture os silky and the colours very natural and wearable. Perfect for a day look which can be transformed into an evening look. The browns are warm and the white works perfectly as a highlighter on the inner corner of the eyes. Even if I am warm toned this cool tone quintet works amazingly. Not too convinced with the the white, which is is very tacky. Texture is amazing and packaging very sleek.