September 18, 2014 | 938 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Roman Holiday

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

My 1400th review!

I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to try Roman Holiday. I suppose it's because this lipstick looks like a bubblegum pink in the tube. It has a sheer, glossy formula that doesn't work too well with dry or pigmented lips. I do own other lipsticks from the sheer range (Napoli) but the combination of sheer + cool-toned pink doesn't work too well on my rosy lips, which is odd because I have better luck with the Velvet Matte lip pencil in the same shade. It's more pigmented and forgiving in pencil than lipstick form.

If you are cool-toned and have unpigmented lips, this will probably work better for you than it did for me, but I'm happy with my Roman Holiday Velvet Matte lip pencil.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by lipstickwoo

I came across comments saying that this typical pink,unlike other pink tubes, suits yellow tone faces quite well. Even though I am a red lipstick geek,I was attempted and gave it a try. It was a real disappoint! The color revealed purplish pink on my lips,and darkened my whole face immediately. with thiscolor on my face I can literally see several dark spots on my face(yes they existed before but they just became more noticable!)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Berkah84

One of my favorite lipsticks and ONLY lipsticks I've ever re-purchased!!! And believe me, I am the QUEEN of lipsticks! It is such a beautiful color, not too heavy, nor does the product feather out after wearing it for a few hours. I feel like anyone could get away with wearing this shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by shanjade29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do really like this lipstick as it is a little bit sheer but it is still a buildable colour. Being from NZ it is difficult to get NARS and it is very expensive here. I purchased this lipstick for my redeemable make over at Mecca for my school formal along with a larger than life lip gloss. I also love the sort of light citrus smell of the Nars lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Pinhead11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most expensive lipstick I've ever bought at $26.00 a stick. The packaging is nothing special, comes in a plain black small box labeled NARS in big letters and the lipstick is inside with no seal around the tube. The lipstick was in perfect condition though. Roman Holiday is one of the prettiest pinks I have ever put on and the texture is perfect-smooth and creamy. It stays nice for about three hours and feels very hydrating on the lips. No taste or smell which is nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I bought Roman Holiday A) Because I love the NARS sheer lipstick line and B) Because the name got me. Lame, I know but sometimes you can't help yourself and I just love Audrey Hepburn and her films.

So Roman Holiday is quite a cool toned pink, it looks quite mauve in the bullet. Applied to my reddish, pigmented lips it's just about passable- I have warm undertones so it sort of clashes or something with my complexion and comes off a little 'barbie'. If the product was any more opaque then I'd have considered it unwearable.
It's funny actually because this lip also seems to drain my face a little. I paired it with Estee Lauder's Electric Pink blush (which is of the same colour family) and Roman Holiday seemed to suck all the colour out of my cheeks and direct attention to the lips. I find that for my colouring it does not go AT ALL with any hint of peachy/reddish/bronzey blush without looking a bit cheap.

This lack of versatility is why I have knocked a mark or two off. It's fine for a bright blue-pink lip focused look- but I need to centre the rest of my makeup around it in order for it to be flattering. The formula I still love- the shade was maybe just not perfect for me. I can imagine this working considerably more for ladies with cooler, pink undertones.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

Love the color! It is a beautiful pink. It is sheer and glossy, my ONLY bother is that it doesn't last, it just doesn't stay on well, also I feel as if I have to put foundation on my lips first to make the flour the best it can be!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My new best friend!! This is my lippie, perfectly sheer when applied lightly gives a pink plum mauve with a cool side. After a bit is becomes more rosey mauve, gets warmer on me as time goes on. Stays on like 2 hrs settles in nice gives a rosy pout lip, natural! Gorgeous color. Much more pigmented than the color looks online or in the tube. Still looking for more of a baby pink. This is very similar to Bobbi Brown Pink Orchid Lip Treatment, this is slightly darker.

Someone else reviewed this last yr and said its similar to Mac A Rose Romance I have them both and the Rose Romance is way more shiny & shimmery & lighter pink overlay than this NARS.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mimimachine

Great pink lipstick! I went to Sephora looking for NARS Venice but they were sold out so I bought this one. It's a lovely smooth sheer pink and as others have said, it looks great with blonde hair. I don't like heavy matte lipsticks so I love that this is sheer. I usually wear MAC's Delish liner under pink lipsticks and it works well with this. It is slightly drying and you should have exfoliated lips before applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by shelbyxx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE Roman Holiday! I purchased it for twenty four dollars in Sephora and I have it in the lip pencil version. This color is beautiful! Especially if you have blonde hair or green eyes. It really brings them out. If you have either of those I suggest you try this out, you won't regret it :)

************************If it is not the pink you wanted, you need to apply a bit of concealer on your lips before. That brings out the pink**************