October 21, 2014 | 1579 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Petal by Cynthia Rowley

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by JasmineSparkle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I got this years and years ago and only recently discovered it in a drawer.
The one thing I will say about this fragrance, is that it is just summer. I wouldn't wear it in Winter because it's so floral and girly and just smells like summer. The packaging is quite cute and simple, I love the pink. However this is definitely for younger girls, in my opinion. It's a sort of 'first perfume' for teenage girls I think. You could go and try it out, however when i use it up I will not purchase again because I have more favourites.

If you like this, but want a sort of more mature version, I would suggest Lacoste Touch of Pink or Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift. My two favourite perfumes, still very girly and sweet and fresh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is about equal parts Lily of the Valley and green notes, so if you like either, get it. It's not too sweet, which makes it more sophisticated for a LoV perfume. Lovely bottle, points off for poor lasting power. Would only repurchase in a different form--lotion or gel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by rockmom66

I dont get flowers,petal or anything feminine when I smell this. I get old nail polish remover. I picture when were this, instead of someone saying " What are you wearing?" I imagine " What is that smell!?"

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh yes, mentioned before this is a very green fragrance. The smell is herbascious. A strong tall leafed stem with tiny flowers on top. I don't hate it, I love the bottle. The only reason I gave it a 3 is because I have never liked green scents, so I don't have anything to compare is formulation to. This was a gift. It seems that is an unoffendable frag. that you could were at work. It sprays out strong, but quickly mellows

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This doesn't smell awful, but it's awfully pedestrian. There is nothing unique about it at all. Sort of like dryer sheets, as if they were making a scent that would be unappealing to no one. There are cartoon flowers all over the box, and it doesn't smell like flowers. Or petals. It smells like...stems and leaves.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by cindergriff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This smells sooo good! I purchased both this and the Flower scent, and I love them both. I love that this is so simple and sweet. I wear this around the house and as a day fragrance, and Flower as a summer night scent. I just can't say enough about this. My new signature scent for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

LOVE IT! The pink antique-ey bottle is charming. The smell is light and fresh. It reminds me of a Bath and Body Works scent that was discontinued called Sweet Bay and Rose, which I loved. I hope that Avon will come out with a lotion or cream to go with this. I just absolutely love this and can't say enough about it. That said, Avon will probably discontinue it soon: my ringing endorsement seems to be the death knell for many a perfume. Anyway, I'm moved to describe it more fully. It puts me in a spring mood and reminds me of the first REAL rain of late spring -- the warm rain that, when it's over, lets you know that winter is really, finally over and behind you. I've already used up one bottle and am on number two. I'd better stock up and use it sparingly, but it's hard to resist this one!! A big winner at a very reasonable price. Makes me smile just thinking about it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by soandso

Petal reminds me of Love's Baby Soft meets citrus oils. It's not a bad smell and it's certainly light, which you need in a spring fragrance. It has decent staying power. I keep smelling the sweet/citrusy notes over the others. If a tiny purse spray came out for $5 I would buy it as a change-up for my regular favorites, but I don't think it "hit me" enough so that I'd drop the dough on a full-sized bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by smoochapooch

Waaaaay different than Flower.....Petal is very fresh and green. Good mood-inducing! At first smell I definately get the Lilly of the Valley. And the dry down is very soft and green. I don't think of this as a scent for a child. The bottle is completely adorable! I am hoping that they come out with the shower gel and lotion for this one, but I doubt it because it is marketed as a daughter scent. As you will see in my reviews, I did not care for the mother scent, "Flower" at all. These 2 scents are completely different and I can't even imagine how they would compliment each other. I think Petal smells like real flowers and not alcoholy and fake.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by pinklady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is so beautiful.I would describe it as Lily Of The Valley with green notes.It's so fresh and soft.It makes one feel young again just wearing it.I would recommend this for anyone who wants a soft clean floral for Spring.