Ecotools Bamboo Blush Brush

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Its ok. But I much prefer my other brushes such as Sephora angled blush brush or Eco tools domed bronzer or real techniques powder brush. This brush is just the average powder brush

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have two of these brushes and I love them. They're soft, but not too soft, and dense enough to make blush application easy. Mine never shed and I have washed them a lot over the years. Great price as well. Recommend!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't think I'd like this brush for applying blush because I thought it looked too big, but I was so wrong. I love this brush! The bristles are incredibly soft and the tapered tip makes it easy to control where I place the blush. It picks up the perfect amount of powder and blends beautifully. Highly pigmented blushes go on with just the right amount of color and doesn't make me look clownish.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really enjoyed this brush but I didn't use it as a blush brush. I used it to buff my face powder as a finish touch and it gave my complexion a blur like finish as the brush was dense enough. I had this for over a year and washed it once every 2-3 weeks as I only used it for powder. However, the bristle shed a couple of weeks ago and the whole bristles came off the brush handle! I was so sad!!! I was so careful with washing it so that the water wouldn't run down the handle and get to the glue and I dried it with the bristles pointing down.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had this brush for 3 years, and it goes through regular washes (that is... whenever i remember and have some time on my hands) and no shedding has happened. It's still soft and i use it everyday to apply my Nars Orgasm/Deep Throat.

Perfect, it picks up the perfect amount of blush and you can really work it in to blend it. If going out at night, you can build it up.

I would repurchase this in a few years time or whenever it needs replacing, as I don't need to at the moment.

I like this brush and keep coming back to it. It has lost some of its shape due to washing but still performs well. Worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A great brush. Been through washes, no shedding or loss of quality. Soft, easy to clean. I currently use it for applying my MAC Lighscapade all over my face. Also use it to apply Mary Lou Mainizer. Before I had used it with powder blush and was happy then too. Very pleased.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

DISCLAIMER: This review is for the original brush design: the one with the thicker handle and silver aluminum ferrule. I don't have any experience with the updated design (thinner handle, bronze ferrule) and am not sure how it compares.

After a lot of research on the perfect blush brush, I am glad I ultimately went with EcoTools. I've used this brush with very pigmented and very sheer blushes with equal success. The taper allows you to pick up a variable amount of product depending on how much you want to apply; it also helps to sweep and blend color very evenly across the cheek to exactly where I want it.

Pros:
* perfect size for my cheeks
* easy to use (apply and blend)
* good feel in the hand
* works well with all kinds of blushes
* long-lasting (through many washes and daily spot cleaning)
* price is great!

Cons:
* original design might not be available anymore
* if you seriously over-do your blush, you'll need a stiffer/denser brush to buff out the excess color

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If purchased probably over ten of this. They are great quality I just use and abuse them. So soft and luxurious against my skin. Plus I love that when I need one I can just stop by the drugstore.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have backups of backups of this brush. I use them for blush, powder, and bronzer (in conjunction with a Real Techniques contour brush or a Hakuhodo medium yachiyo if I'm contouring or want a more concentrated color -- I apply with the smaller brush and then blend out with this one). They never, ever shed or bleed color and they're all synthetic, which I love.

It's super-soft and gives the perfect, thin wash of color. It keeps powder blush sheer and even, as long as I tap off most of the product on my hand before I apply. I have dry, fair skin and powder blush can look too heavy so with more concentrated colors or bronzer I grab two of these brushes and apply thin layers with one while blending with the other (clean) brush.

I mostly use cream blushes so I find that where this brush really shines is as a powder applicator - it's dense enough to apply loose powder evenly but still soft and fluffy enough to keep it diffuse.

Popular Makeup Brushes