Ecotools Bamboo Blush Brush

4.5

on 1/15/2015 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A great brush. Been through washes, no shedding or loss of quality. Soft, easy to clean. I use it for applying my MAC cream color base as a blush, first by stippling then blending. Before I had used it with powder blush and was happy then too. Very pleased.

on 11/8/2014 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

DISCLAIMER: This review is for the original brush design: the one with the thicker handle and silver aluminum ferrule. I don't have any experience with the updated design (thinner handle, bronze ferrule) and am not sure how it compares.

After a lot of research on the perfect blush brush, I am glad I ultimately went with EcoTools. I've used this brush with very pigmented and very sheer blushes with equal success. The taper allows you to pick up a variable amount of product depending on how much you want to apply; it also helps to sweep and blend color very evenly across the cheek to exactly where I want it.

Pros:
* perfect size for my cheeks
* easy to use (apply and blend)
* good feel in the hand
* works well with all kinds of blushes
* long-lasting (through many washes and daily spot cleaning)
* price is great!

Cons:
* original design might not be available anymore
* if you seriously over-do your blush, you'll need a stiffer/denser brush to buff out the excess color

on 9/25/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If purchased probably over ten of this. They are great quality I just use and abuse them. So soft and luxurious against my skin. Plus I love that when I need one I can just stop by the drugstore.

on 8/30/2014 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have backups of backups of this brush. I use them for blush, powder, and bronzer (in conjunction with a Real Techniques contour brush or a Hakuhodo medium yachiyo if I'm contouring or want a more concentrated color -- I apply with the smaller brush and then blend out with this one). They never, ever shed or bleed color and they're all synthetic, which I love.

It's super-soft and gives the perfect, thin wash of color. It keeps powder blush sheer and even, as long as I tap off most of the product on my hand before I apply. I have dry, fair skin and powder blush can look too heavy so with more concentrated colors or bronzer I grab two of these brushes and apply thin layers with one while blending with the other (clean) brush.

I mostly use cream blushes so I find that where this brush really shines is as a powder applicator - it's dense enough to apply loose powder evenly but still soft and fluffy enough to keep it diffuse.

This brush is certainly "too" soft ..That's why I took one lippy . It's the softest in my collection and has a great shape and quality but It picks up too much product which may be a plus for some people but not for me .. Also it fails badly at blending it or sheering it , so I have to blend with another brush ...I may repurchase again , not sure .
Edit : I gave it to my niece to use as a powder blush , as it's so big for my face and doesn't blend well , I bought more brushes and it seems only natural hair brushes - even generic ones blend MUCH better than this I also have taken one more lippy for that ..

on 6/18/2014 10:52:00 PM

Love, love, love this brush! It applies my blush on like a dream! It picks up enough product and makes my blush look flawless. The brush is super soft and is super sturdy even after washing it. It's even better than my Sigma brushes which comes to me as a surprise. You really can't go wrong since it only costs $6!

on 5/19/2014 1:10:00 AM

I love, love, love the Ecotool brushes, but especially this one. It picks up the blush so well and is great for any amount of blush that you want (a lot or a little color). It's also great for contouring and the bristles are so soft that I just can't get enough. I have had this brush for forever and its holding up great. I would definitely buy this product again.

on 5/7/2014 2:19:00 AM

I love this blush brush! The tapered end applies blush, bronzer and contour in the right places. It's very soft, pretty dense and lasts forever! It also holds shape after washing. It doesn't smell weird or rinse dye either. I also like the thinner handles on the newer brushes.

I didn't expect them to be so soft! Love, how soft these are. I feel like I'm pampering myself when I use them. They are my first brush set. I've been wanting one forever, and I refuse to pay out of the yang for anything. I paid 16.99, and worth every penny. Affordable and luxurious, forget the more expensive brands ladies, these are all you need. There is a brush for everything, and you can mutipurpose every one depending on your makeup needs. Straight up, will be purchase again!

on 4/18/2014 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Great brushes, I've been using this one for a few years and it's still in great condition. Cheap and good quality. Would repurchase.

Top Rated Ecotools Products