September 20, 2014 | 942 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Deluxe Buffer Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is fairly soft and it did stop shedding after a couple of washings. However, it could still be much denser and it's not very well made. Lesson learned: Don't buy cheap brushes, especially online.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this brush for 3 years now and mine still smells extremely strong of fresh cow or horse manure.
I thought I was the only person in the world who had this brush with this disgusting smell, until just today when I looked it up on makeupalley. I am relieved that other people had the same issue with it as me. I never ever heard of a brush smelling as disgusting as this. It honestly smells like dung.
But for the three years i've owned it - i have washed it several times with shampoo, conditioner, olive oil, dish detergent, and the smell has not faded AT ALL.
Its a shame because its a perfect sized flat headed buffer brush, and i think it'd be great to toss in my makeup bag. But the smell is unbearable, and mine sheds a lot.
Tonight I will attempt to wash it in vinegar, or apple cider vinegar, or some type of wine vinegar to see if that masks the smell of dung. I will update this.

***UPDATE*** I let this soak overnight in an aged white wine vinegar bath. It took out some of the dung fragrance, but not completely. I may have to do this about 2 more times.
I set it again over night in apple cider vinegar, and the smell is still there. I feel like I am wasting $$ using up all this vinegar. This brush is just impossible.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by jellums

I really like this brush! Maybe mine didn't come with that nasty odor everyone else is talking about or maybe I never noticed because I always wash my brushes right away after receiving them. I only have a small collection of make up brushes but this is my favorite I have encountered! The bristles are very soft and it's incredibly dense (takes forever to dry though because of that). It doesn't shed either!
The flat top is really great and it does an awesome job for what it's meant for. I buff out my blush with this and it looks beautiful! Because of this brush, I had a mini obsession with buying blushes because they always looked great when applied with this brush!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Smell is unbearable. I washed it at least 10 times and still smells like a wet dog, gross! And mine sheds like crazy! Bristles are soft, blends and buffs well but will not use!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by howleekorian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This thing smells like a foul horse. I tried washing it several times and can't get the smell out so I have not used it.

However, the bristles are exceptionally soft so maybe I'll try washing it more because other than the smell it is a very good brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by CherryO03

I am admitting that I am writing this review prematurely without using it much for one main reason

IT HAS AN UNGODLY ODOR!! IT SMELLS GROTESQUE!!

It has a odor that I have never smelled in my life and I will be completely happy if that odor were to never pass my nostrils again.!!

It is of good quality, incredibly soft, and sturdy. I always favor a soft flat top brush, I purchased it with the intention of using it for foundation. BUT OH GOSH THE ODOR!! I have had it for 3 days and have been very excited to try it but the thought of bringing those rotting chemically treated ground beef scented bristles close to my nose is nearly disturbing. The label says to wash with mild soap prior to fist usage but I think this requires more of a turpentine level cleansing. I started with my usual baby shampoo to wash it, but that didn't do the trick so I tried anti-bacterial soap that didn't work, I tried several other liquid soap products and I am yet to find anything to remove the odor!!!

I will probably write another review when I finally get rid of the odor and try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by luv4juicy5308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not a bad brush, but the smell at first was deadly. however after i washed it with my johnson's baby shampoo, it seem to be a lot better. I love using this after my liquid foundation and blend everything, it makes my face looked flawless and natural. i love it for that, however, it sheds like crazy, everytime after i blend everything in i seem to have at least 10 hairs on my face. it's frustrating but does do a good job. still thinking if i want to keep it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by moshi24

My brush doesn't have the "dead animal" smell to it. I washed it twice and overall it's a great brush to use to apply blush. I haven't used it for foundation yet. Great brush for a great price. I bought two of these to save on shipping charges.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK, I have to be honest I loved this brush...at first. I got past how it smelled liked a dead skunk before I washed and deodorized the brush several times (and the smell did eventually go away). After this initial hiccup, I thought the brush was the softest brush I had ever owned and I really liked this brush. That is, till I realized that I was using my fan brush to remove the bristles left on my face after each use - this brush sheds like a mad (and that's an understatement!). The shedding was so bad that my boyfriend joked that my "peach fuzz was growing." So, after a couple of months of occasional use, this brush is somewhere in a dump taking up space.

In short, this may be a soft and cheap brush but there are better bargains out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by tinax3

I HATE THIS BRUSH! Ugh, when I first got it, it stunk like a dead animal and no matter how many times I tried to wash it the smell wouldn't go away. Also, the application of my mineral foundation with this brush sucked and it didn't do much. I don't know what else to say about this brush because it was definitely one of the worst costal scents brush I have. I will never buy this product again, in fact I threw this away because I had no purpose for this brush.