August 21, 2014 | 1549 users online

Treatments (Face) - Tanda Skincare System

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the red and blue treatment heads. Within the first few uses the vibration on my blue light went out but it doesn't bother me. It doesn't seem to affect the effectiveness. I have had acne since I was a teenager. Somewhat frequently I'd have cystic acne in a few spots, other than that it was mostly your run of the mill blemishes that would never go away despite antibiotics, topical treatments, etc.
I bought this through groupon surprisingly. It was about $60 for the clear+ and the luxe light was $40 on amazon.
This system works for me. My face is clear, if I have a zit coming up I will use the blue light several times a day and it will either disappear and never come to a head or it will only be around for a day or two. Before Tanda I would have at least 2 weeks before a zit would be completely gone. My face was always slightly red, mild melasma. My complexion was blah.

I've been using it for about 4-5 weeks and there is a definite improvement in my skin. The zits are few and far between, my skin looks clearer, the tone is better. I didn't have wrinkles but the skin around my eyes is firmer and looks healthier.
I did notice a brief worsening in the melasma but it is subsiding now and is fading.
The only downside is it is time consuming. To treat your whole face you need at least 30 minutes. I try to do this twice a day, so yeah-an hour total is a lot of time to me. I aim for right after I shower in the morning and before I go to bed at night.

I really do love this system. It beats the hell out of the boatload of topicals I was using that I could never determine if they were hurting or helping. As of now I use Vitamin E at night before bed, a turmeric mask a few times per week and moisturize daily with almond oil/grapeseed oil. It takes a lot of maintenance to keep my skin clear but it is worth it to me. Having suffered with terrible skin for nearly 15+ years, the time Tanda takes is worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by JLams123

I've had acne in the same spot for years..upper cheek near the ear on one side of my face. I would continuously get new pimples there before the old ones even healed. I've used BP and that worked for a while when i first started in highschool but that doesn't work for me anymore at all...it just makes the area very red and it looks worse. So i saw the Tanda Zap (not this one, the 1000 use one) on Wagjag for $40 so i thought i'd give it a go.
It's amazing! I used it a couple times a day at first, i was breaking out pretty badly and in just a few days I was not getting any more acne and i didn't get a single pimple when i got my period. Now its been weeks and i still haven't gotten a new pimple in that area since starting to use it. It works great, and now i just use it once every couple of days. Love it! And i love how it doesn't leave any chemicals or irritants on your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I have nodular cystic acne. I was using the Pretika red light stim from Target prior to the tanda. Unfortunately after two years I dropped it on my bathroom floor and it stopped working. I purchased it for $40 ish from Target online.

Purchased the Tanda Luxe on Groupon for $99 and it came with the red light. Then I purchased the blue light from Ulta for $75.

Just a warning red light stimulates hair growth. I found that the red light head to be more effective in healing a pimple that has erupted. Red light stimulates collagen and promotes healing scars.

I feel like the blue light didn't do much for me. I didn't see any results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by theycallmetrex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

this review is for the TANDA zap acne spot treatment device....the small one.

Usually I don't get big pimples/cysts but lately out of nowhere I got like 3 cysts on my jaw and brow bone.....screw you period.. anyway i decided to use the tanda zap and see if it would shorten the life span of these annoying cyst like pimples. It works really well actually. Not an overnight thing but after about 3 days they were either gone or shrunken by 95%. I ramble a lot so here are some basic one line details if you don't like to listen to stories..

****bottom line****

does it work? --- Yes. for me it worked reaaallly well.

price -- depends. it lasts for 1000 two minute treatments...so if you break out in a cluster of cysts a lot it might be pricey for $49 ..if you only get one or two once in a while or around your period it's actually not a bad price at all.

batteries-- it takes 3 AAA batteries but when i use energizer they last for a few days and when i used dollar store batteries it only lasted 3 two minute treatments

packaging --- idgaf about packaging if something works. i gave it 5 lippies anyways but i have no idea how it was packaged because my friend gave me this as a present

my little story about the tanda:

I go crazy with it and will use it like 6 times a day on each zit .....their website says repeat 2-3 times daily but I never follow directions .... it gets kinda hot so after like 2 or 3 zaps (they last 2 mins) i set it down and let it cool off bc i dont wanna burn my skin. i do it while watching tv and im kind of addicted to it now.. i think i used it 9 times today on each zit. it vibrates and heats up while emitting blue light--all of this is said to kill acne bacteria. anyways....ya i really like this little gizmo. without it if i would get a cyst it would last a week or week & a half ..with tanda the one on my eyebrow is gone now after 4 days and the one jaw cyst is like 85% gone... and the other jaw one is like 50% reduced because it's on my left side in a weird spot and i'm right handed and wasn't using the tanda on it as much bc it was annoying to hold it.

this is a really good investment because it made my cysts go away without leaving a red mark or scar. before i used the tanda zap i would try to squeeze them and they would always leave red marks that last for like a month.

note that i think this is designed for use on bigger zits and cysts rather than the tiny little pimples... the reason my friend gave me this is bc she had it and didn't like it bc she said it didn't work....but she doesn't have cystic acne but rather clusters of tiny pimples

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the Tanda Zap Blue Light and I actually find it does work on pimples if you catch them before they start. Or I find if I pop one and zap it it'll flatten faster and healing time is cut down a lot. What would take a week now only takes 4 days for example. I really like that because I can deal with the pimples I get a lot easier. I use Retin A so I only get occasional ones now but they can be the ones that you have to pop. With this I do not which, saves my skin from scarring.

It really has stopped those painful underground spots more times than not or made them less than they would be. I don't think this would be good for treating acne it seems more a spot treater for mild acne. That is what my skin is and what I use it for.

Would I buy it again I don't know yet it has worked for me and mine was a gift, but I am partial. If it broke I just might but you do go through a lot of batteries so I would recommend rechargeable because it's a lot more eco friendly. I'm still on the fence so far I put no but I will update in time because this thing is pretty nifty I must say.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in the UK and I have just heard about this device. I have to say that I am not impressed. Firstly it seems quite flimsy in its construction, the docking port it sits in didn't connect with the hand piece. Secondly, the company that sells it here, doesn't offer a money back guarantee as it does in the States and the warranty is just for 1 year. For the price Homedics charge in the UK I expect better. When I called them to discuss this (without even using it) they basically didn't want to know and said my "agreement" is with the store - this is really poor customer service for the outset on a general query, so I doubt they are going to be helpful if there is an issue so I have taken it back to the shop and will be investigating other red light devices

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Luna73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've only been using the Tanda for a few weeks -- and not religiously at that -- but I've definitely already seen noticeable improvement in my skin.

The first two weeks, I used it only on the right side of my face and neck and only on my personal problem areas: Early marionette lines, my forehead "11," and crepey skin in my decolletage.

The best results were seen on my forehead and neck -- those lines are gone on my chest and close to gone on my forehead. I can't say it's the kind of transformation that people who hadn't seen me in awhile would notice, but comparing the left to the right side, there's no denying the improvement. It's less clear that the deeper lines around my mouth have been filled in, although it appears they have slightly. I'm hoping that with more time, these will see the same kind of benefit.

The device itself is easy to use and problem free: Comfortable on your skin, easy to charge and maintain, etc.

Definitely would recommend for early wrinkles. I'm giving four lippies for now -- I'll update later if I've seen improvement on those deeper lines.

Update: After a few more weeks of off-and-on use, I can definitely say it has helped the deeper lines around my mouth as well. The improvement isn't as dramatic -- the lines still exist, but they're much shallower and less noticeable. The finer lines dissappear -- but I noticed when I stopped using the device they do rebound a bit.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by CindyBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't see the results I had hoped for, especially in regards to the price so I returned mine. A friend of mine purchased a similar device called FaceFX and raved about it so I borrowed it and loved it. Not sure what the difference was but the results were out of this world.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by BarbCon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not seeing the quick results I expected.. Can anyone comment on whether the FaceFX is comparable to this product?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by leh529

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was always on the fence about this product and even though i returned it I am still not sure about it. I am sure this would work for some people but it really wasnt the miracle I had been hoping for. If you have more than 3-4 pimples then this product is not for you. Since you have to treat every pimple individually it took a ton of time to do my entire face and I did not see any miracles after a week and a half of 2x a day use. My bestfriend also bought it and loves it but her face is clearer then mine. I just didnt have the time to be spending 15-20 mins every morning and night standing there zapping zits when an acne gel can clear my face in less time.