October 23, 2014 | 1846 users online

Powder - MAC - Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! This is the very first mineralized powder that does not sink into fine lines or pores after a couple of hours- I just didn't think this was possible! The finish is smooth and natural-very important to me,being as I am 41 and have some fine lines happening...it's inevitable, unfortunately :-(. This gives a great natural finish as well...allows my freckles to shine through, which, again, is important for someone my age... freckles allows a sort of youthfulness to us older gals, lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought the new version. It shows up all my pores :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

After using Lumiere Minerals for 8 years (they closed shop rather suddenly, while I still had an unfulfilled order) I've switched to this. Honestly I was a scared when my go-to foundation suddenly disappeared, the hardest part is finding a color match. I tried Bare Escentuals first, but, like always, I was having a hard time finding a color that was pale enough with a yellow base. So I tried MAC's and I'm glad I did. I tried medium first, way too dark for me, though it will probably work great mid-summer once I'm tan. Then I tried light and this is perfect. In fact, I think it's actually a better color match than the Lumiere that I was using for so long. I think it covers well, as good as any loose mineral powder, and it has very good staying power. I still need concealer for under my eyes and some of the worse discoloration around my nose, but I also find that to be normal for mineral makeup. The price is also pretty good, you get a giant jar for $30, it will last several months using it every morning with touch ups around lunch time. I'm very pleased with this purchase and will be purchasing again for many years to come.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by bcbrosemer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought the new version in the clear jar with the black lid. I do not like it at all. I bought it to use as a setting powder, not as a foundation. It's good i did because this does not have nearly enough coverage on its own, even considering how sheer its supposed to be. I am an NC25, a MUA on the MAC online chat told me to get Light/Medium. It's too light, I look very pale and washed out with it on. Also, I use a brush to apply my face powder, and the only way to do it with this is to turn the jar over and dump some into the lid. Inevitably, product gets wasted. Finally, this does not last at all on me. I apply it over Studio Sculpt foundation, so it should have some staying power. But by halfway through the day, it looks like I have no makeup on. Not good. Overall, very disappointing and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Takumi

This is quite a good foundation for me, because it did not break me out, and the coverage is pretty good, providing that using a concealer under blemishes before putting it. I use another bb cream at the morning before going out and mac loose powder as retouch in the noon. however, it is very hard to get the powder. i need shake my bottle to get it out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

my first mineralized loose powder. i love it so much, i chose this color so i can look natural. not too light n not too dark. i think its going to discontinued since i cant find it on the website :S well i love this, its been few days using this for atleast 4hours and i dont need much touch ups, it doesnt feel heavy on my face and no greasy feeling and the best thing is that no white heads showing up! :D the price is ok for this especially they give a buffer, which mac RARELY gives complimentary accessory. but the packaging it self is not the best for me. when they say loose powder they really made it LOOSE, if i tap the tube to get some of the powder up i can see bits of powder lying away and the buffer it self is hard to use so i just use a big kabuki brush :) but overall LOVE it! :)

UPDATE 20th of june 2012
dont get me wrong, i LOVE this thing but i think its replaced by the no spf mineralize foundation/loose powder, i havent really tried that one but i found some little whiteheads popping on my face and mymum asked if theres a makeup or skincare thats causing it, so i was on a holiday for a week and i didnt wear it, and i realized that there were no whiteheads popping out, thankfully it was finished so i didnt have to waste it. so i took away 2 lippies :(
shame though, i really did love it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ishee83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this foundation! i have very oily, acne prone skin, i also have lots of redness on my forehead, nose and chin and i use this everyday it doesnt cause me any break outs. i find it perfect over the select cover up concealer. it looks so natural and people just think i have good skin. i just hate the packaging. i apply it with the #109 brush and i think its the perfect brush for this foundation. will definitely buy again when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by naturalhere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the coverage and natural finish. It doesnt lok as though you're wearing anything at all which is useful for me as i want that natural flaweless look. The colour is really nice giving a nice bright complextion and the texture blends easily. The product itself i think is near perfect i just have a a few issues with the application as the powder puff isnt really good for getting into the nooks and crannies so i use my ELF powder brush. Also the price is very expensive! depends how wealthy you are really!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving this foundation. I just cannot pull off Studio Fix anymore, it looks way too cakey and never goes on my skin smoothly, it always ends up looking patchy...yuck!

Enter this foundation. Didn't have high hopes for it because of the mixed reviews, but decided to try it out anyway. I love how silky this goes on, it gives me a nice med coverage. I am okay with the packaging... the sponge applicator is useless in my opinion. I have applied this with my 182, 187, and 129 brushes... Pretty much any fluffy and dense brush will apply this like a dream. The 187 not so much though, the synthetic white hairs are a little to "pointy" and just send powder flying everywhere :(

All that being said, I will try the Light shade next time because I did notice some oxidation going on. I am barely an NC20, so maybe the Light won't have that issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by RLSCS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Studio Fix for years, but when I went in to buy a darker shade for the summer, I decided to give the Mineralize SPF Foundation a try. Wow, I'm so happy I did. I thought I loved Studio Fix, but I love this one even more. It looks and feels more natural on my skin. Another great thing about it is that I used to get so oily in the t-zone that I would need to apply Blot Powder several times a day, but since I started using this product, I can get by with only one light application of powder half way through the day. :)