October 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Almay Intense i-Color Eye Shadow Play Up Trio for Greens

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this trio: I have the bold nudes (pink/brown/green) and it's highly pigmented, stays all day and is easy to blend. It does bring out the green in my eyes. The colors are great for a day makeup. The brush is crappy and i don't use it, I'm using the MSC fluff brush (213) and a shorter shader brush for the crease.
I took off a lip pie for the useless brush and the cheap plastic container. But the shadows are great quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the colors in this palette, especially the dark purple eye shadow. My mom originally had this, and after using it a few times, I bought my own. It is very pigmented and does have alot of fallout, but it does make green eyes really POP. The key is to put it on the lashlines and outer corner, not on your whole lid. The only complaint is that the shadows crumble easily and both of ours fell apart.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like the previous review "Almay has a couple of shadow trio's that play up the green eyes. This is the trio that's shaped like an eye lid with wine/taupe/champagne." NOT the one with the straight strips which I quite like very much. THIS one shaped like the eyelid, it is difficult to pick up the color, but with alot of work it can be done, but after a couple of hours the color just kinda washes away and looks muddy.
LOVE the one with the straight strips, why make a new version that is bad quality??

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THE COLORS: the largest "slot" is a wine/copper color, that can easily look like you ran into a doorknob is you don't have a light touch. Its very pigmented. The midtone or the "crease" slot is a taupey/silver/grey color. Its actually very pretty. The last is the highlight "browbone" slot. Its a champagne color with a hint of rosegold. All of them are very shimmery. All of them are pretty pigmented.

THE QUALITY: There is a lot of fallout with these but they are not dusty at all. They blend well, but when you use the sponge applicator included it kind of mucks up the shadow, like there is a lot of oil in the shadow so get these spots in the pan where is sticks and wont pick up color on the applicator. Tried using a eye shadow brush but the fallout was incredible!

THE PACKAGE: Really Almay? the shape of an eyelid? Its like remedial eye makeup. "Lets put them in pans so they will know which color goes where!" If that's the case, then they got it wrong. You get way to much of an accent color and not enough of what you'll use most.

OVERALL: As annoying as the trio is (and it is) I still friggin reach for it when I'm wearing warm colors because it really does make my green eyes POP. The trick is to blend blend blend and a light hand on that wine color. I hate that this works.I only bought it because it was free when I bought the mascara. Who would have thought?

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This the second trio I've bought from Almay. Loved my first trio it had a highlighter, pink and brown shade, I would buy that one again. Not so this one; this one has a greyish white, dark grey and greyish silver , just a really weird mix.right now they just don't work and just end up looking muddy.I may have to play with these over different bases.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Unicorn14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the way that this shadow looks. It's simple and natural-looking, which is very important. Most shadows to bring out/play up green eyes have been green, and frankly, green shadows just make my eyes look hazel. The colors in this set play up the green in my eyes as well as the gold undertones. Since I'm not a huge makeup wearer, I'm not sure if I would ever get a chance to buy it again, but if I did use it up, I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by seajay23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I haven't worn this in a few years, however...I do remember wearing it one day and a girl saying, wow your eyes look really green day...of course I get that randomly for no reason..but I suppose it worked!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by elovejoy25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this trio a couple months ago and I have worn it nearly every day since then and I can still see the imprints in the shadows so I anticipate it lasting a loooong time. I have gotten a little bored with it at times but I come back after a while because it is the perfect daytime palette. The colors are very complementary and I like the fact that they are buildable, rather than hyper-pigmented. Very natural.

The only reason I gave it a 4 is because I don't think it does too much for my eye color. I have really, really, really green eyes and I feel like this palette might bring out a little of the gold undertones/flecks rather than enhancing the green, but I'm fine with it because the colors are gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE these shadows. The champagne and the mauve shadow have a nice but not overdone shimmer to them, and the wine colored shadow is matte, and I love to have a mix of finishes in a trio like this. They apply smoothly and wear well, and yes, they really will intensify any green in your eye color. Also, I like that they apply softly, as I prefer to build up colors to my desired intensity, rather than attempting to blend down. And even though I am a makeup hoarder, these are truly unique in my collection!! Also, the champagne color in this is quite special....it flashes a very subtle touch of rosy pink...it's sooo pretty. I don't have anything negative to say about these...I didn't even wait for them to go on sale or BOGO to get them....which means I wanted them pretty bad and they do not disappoint :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this eye shadow. I have used the one for bringing out hazel eyes for a couple of years now and I was lookinf for something different so I thought I would give this one a try. Beautiful colors that make my hazel eys look greener. A little goes a long way and it has great staying power. Will buy again.