April 21, 2014 | 1360 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Confixor

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by bionicblonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Being a self proclaimed product junkie, it's been an obsession to try every new thing out there, then try it again with combo's and cocktails, trying to get just the right mix of smooth, soft, smell good, look good, touchable, shiny hair that holds it style with some body and umpffh for days. I had a tough wish list, and endless products to show my commitment, and yet I return time and time again to this product. I have medium density but fine strands, wavy/curly, processed, with dry tangly ends, and a tendency to frizz, esp with hot, humid weather, hair. For *A* product to correct these conditions is pretty miraculous. Don't know why I buy anything else.....like I said it's an addiction, but one that doesn't make much sense since I've already found the holy grail of hair care products...THIS ONE!. Plus, the SMELL.....OMG, if this was a cologne I would have a spray fetish with it. I get compliments on my hair again and the smell. Of course I've just started using the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi intensive tx 2 step system, which I definitely believe is working and improving my hair's condition. I might be tempted to try the rest of that line, if I continue to see improvement with the shampoo, and intensive treatments I've just recently started.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by squg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very fine textured hair and this stuff makes it feel thicker and less limp. It's a great value... It's a huge bottle that will last forever because I don't use more than a nickel sized drop a day! I love the refreshing smell too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

I would use this gel for the scent alone. Hard to describe, but it's probably my favorite scent of all time.

As for performance, it works great for my wavy hair. Sometimes I mix a tiny bit in with the Be Curly, and sometimes I use it alone. It's not a strong hold, which is fine for me, and a little goes a long way. Leaves my curls nicely defined, shiny, and soft--not sticky or tacky at all.

If anyone knows of a scent similar to this, please, oh, please let me know. I'd wear it as a perfume if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by minardi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Ideal for my newly cropped hair. Works best (for me) the shorter my hair is; just below the ears is the limit for length. Don't need a lot and the scent is wonderful. Opening can clog, just takes hot water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fine but dense wavy hair that has a tendency to frizz when I airdry. I tried this product last year and have been using it since. It's a very liquid gel, similar to Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt. It brings out the wave in my hair and gives me a beachy look without crunch. I apply a generous amount while my hair is wet and then "pineapple" in a towel while I'm putting my makeup on. When I take the towel off, I scrunch in some more Confixor and let it finish air drying. It controls most of my frizz and makes my hair very shiny. Love it!! It smells wonderful too! It's $18 for 8.5 fl. oz. but a bottle lasts at least a couple of months.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Jasper123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, I've had a bottle of this for a few years now and I just can't get past the fragrance so it doesn't get used as much as it could. With that said, it works well on my short, fine, thick wavy hair to hold particularly in the summer months. I typically mix it with a foam/mousse to provide some additional volume on an "as needed" basis. I am going to try their Flax Aloe gel next and see how that compares. Wait - after I said that I checked MUA reviews and that didn't get great reviews. So I'll need to reconsider prior to repurchasing the Confixor.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

There are two Aveda hair products that I think are very good. One is the color protectant shampoo they carry and the other is this light weight styling lotion. All Aveda products smell wonderful and tend to be on the pricey side but this product is perfect for me when I need some hold and am straightening my curly hair. It does not serve as a strong hold product but as a gentle hold liquid. Worth the money and last awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by wendirr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I had given up on gels years ago because they made my hair too flat and crunchy. I've been using mousse for a while and just making peace with the slight frizz I'm left with. Then my mom gave me some Confixor because she didn't like the smell. Wow, I love gel again! This is hands-down the best gel I've ever used. In fact, it's one of the best hair products that I've ever tried, period. I first use Style Prep smoother, then some Wen styling cream, then a dime sized amount of the Confixor (I have shoulder length hair). I dry with a diffuser and end up with perfectly formed curls that don't frizz -even on the second day when I don't wash it! Love, love, love. The only possible drawback I can see is the high price, and if you don't like how the Aveda store smells, then you won't like the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to review this to say it not only works on fine hair, but on coarse thick hair also. Mine is very thick and fairly frizzy, and very few products manage to tame it. I apply Confixor when mine is wet to damp, and scrunch it a little as it dries to get some texture and movement. The result is soft definition, no crunch at all, and minimal frizz.

The smell: 'generic' aromatherapy/spa with a dash of alcohol. Yep it is strong and you can smell it all day, but I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by meashe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very fine, frizzy hair. It can lose its curl just as easily as it can frizz and curl up. It can also be styled easily--straightened or curled. I have tried a lot of products, and most leave hair looking wet and or/crunchy. Most products are also too heavy or leave a strange texture to my hair. Leave in conditioners make my hair take forever to dry. Gels can be too crunchy. Mousses are sticky and heavy. Serums leave greasy stuff on my hands. I bought Confixor and Be Curly Curl Enhancer together. When I tried them together I wasn't crazy about the effect. And I wasn't too crazy about Be Curly--not nearly as good as I was expecting. After putting Confixor aside for a long time, came back to it. And wow! It works great. It does what a gel does--holds my curls, without the slightest bit of crunch! Hair look totally natural, just with nicer, fuller, curlier, less frizzy curls! My hair is still a little frizzy, but in a good weigh. Love this product. Will be excited to see if I keep loving it and buy another bottle. Could this be the one hair product? Here is how I use it: after showering, I squeeze the excess water out of my hair, then I comb through with a wide toothed comb. After that I put a quarter sized amount of confixor in my palm, rub my hands together and them distribute throughout hair, focusing on ends. I touch the top of my hair only after most product has been used on the ends. I then flip my head upside down and scrunch my hair with my hands, squeezing out water and shaping curl. I then flip my hair back up and squeeze out water with a towel, scrunching the towel gently. Trust me, it works!