September 2, 2014 | 1912 users online

Mascara - Edward Bess - Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by tomlul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very disappointing if you look for volume. This mascara is OK for adding length but not volume for sure.
Also, I find it quite difficult to apply as it doesn't "stick" on the lashes. You have to put 3-4 times to get a noticeable result.
The positive point : it's very easy to remove.
No need to waste your money on this mascara, it doesn't do its job !

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mkmonty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It saddens me to write my first negative review for an Edward Bess product as I LOVE everything else in his line but I found his mascara to be a nightmare and a total waste of money. I believe mascara, possibly more than any other makeup item, needs to have a great formulation as well as the perfect packaging (tube and wand) in order for it to work well. The Edward Bess formulation is fine. I hate clumpy, smearing mascara and this does deliver natural pretty lashes. Where this mascara completely fails is the packaging. The brush is your standard mascara brush and the tube feels great -- heavy sleek metal-- but I think the tube is too skinny to work properly. The first time I used it, a lot of masara came out on the wand so after applying the mascara to my lashes, I tried to stick the wand back into the tube but the diameter of the tube pushes all of the excess mascara up and over the rim so I ended up with a lot of mess on the tube and a lot of wasted $30 mascara. I cleaned up the mess with some plastic wrap to prevent getting lint in my mascara. The next day (and the next and the next) the exact same thing happened -- no matter how careful I was, mascara ended up all of the rim and the tube when I tried to place the wand back into the tube. I am so disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect mascara. I don't demand a lot from mascara as my lashes are long and dark already, but this is the most gorgeous enhancer ever. My lashes are instantly longer and thicker, and this hasn't clumped or smudged even once. Nearly every time I've worn this, I've received compliments. After reading such great reviews of other Edward Bess products, I can't wait to try out the rest of the line.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara offers very little length or volume and it smudges under my eyes (even though I don't even wear it on my lower lashes). It reminds me of Clinique Glossy mascara, which I like, but retails for only $12. The Edward Bess mascara is sold for $30! I received it as a GWP; I'm so glad I didn't actually pay for it. I will not purchase in the future, as L'Oreal Telescopic (and probably other drugstore mascaras) works much better for me and is cheaper. On the positive side, this product did not flake, clump, or irritate my eyes. I expect a lot more from a high end product like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lilla1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am new to Edward Bess products. I LOVE all of the ones I bought so far and I want to buy them all.... I have tried tons of products from high-end to drug store brands and his are the BEST!!! I read about his product and I wanted to try them so the nicest MUA friend encouraged me :)) I can't thank her enough....

I love this mascara because it doesn't irritate my eyes. It makes my lashes longer and thicker without clumping.... I don't like to wear mascara but this one feels like your own lashes :) Packaging is awesome, excellent quality indeed!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Edward Bess products are available through his website or at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC. The mascara has been available only as part of an eye shadow/mascara set but I've been told that Bergdorf's is selling it now. Well, I'll be buying all of them so call fast! How do you make a better mascara and why isn't everyone else doing it? This is FABULOUS! There are two colors: deep brown and deep black. I have small eyes with heavy lids - well, maybe now they're even sagging! At any rate, I get no smudges on the top or bottom. And - and this is great for me - I get no flecks of mascara on my eyelid which I get with everything else. However if you are going for a DiorShow look, this isn't it. This makes lashes appear thicker and longer with no clumping or drama. I don't know what the marketing plans are for this product but if mascaras are always disppointing you, seek this one out.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No