Lancome L.U.C.I. Eyes in Ray of Green Light

2.5

on 9/28/2008 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Packaging is pretty but the eyeshadow well nothing special about it. Yeah it looks a little pearly but otherwise it's just like any other Lancome eyeshadows ( Which are not my favorite by the way) except in a pretty shell and cost more.

on 3/29/2008 7:11:00 AM

L.U.C.I is the name of the spring collection 2008 by Lancôme created by MU artist Gucci Westman. L.U.C.I. stands for Luminescent Colorless Color Intelligence..

I purchased the e/s duo Ray of Green Light mainly because of the gorgeous packaging (made like a shell). However, after having tried the e/s I am very disappointed. The duo consists of a white luminescent e/s that can be either applied as a base before the green e/s or applied as a veil over the green e/s. The green color is a blueish-green. Not very flattering color once applied.

Another application method is described in the L.U.C.I. pamphlet I got in the store. The Ray of Green Light e/s can be used as follows: "apply the green e/s in the inner corner along the lashline, then apply the white e/s over the whole lid to the outer corner."

I've tried the two first mentioned application methods. I must say that I got the best color payoff by applying the green e/s first and then the white e/s afterwards. When I applied it the other way around I got so little color payoff. Overall I am very disappointed. The pigmentation is lacking and the texture is a major disappointment. It's difficult to get an even layer of color. My previous experiences with Lancôme e/s have been so much better. Usually I find their e/s to have excellent pigmentation and great texture. This e/s is a huge miss quality-wise.

As for the packaging. The shell-like case comes in a velvet black pouch and included in the pouch is a sponge applicator. The shell doesn't feel plastic at all, instead it's solid and a bit heavy.

There's nothing intelligent with this product at all. Of course this is LE but if it wasn't I would definitely not repurchase. This could be my worst MU purchase in a very long time. I fell for the beautifully designed packaging. This stuff is WAY overpriced and overall a very disappointing product. This experience can possible turn me off Lancôme for some time. Honestly, I wish I could get my money back! Too bad we don't have a generous return policy here in Europe. The only reason I give this e/s two lippies in the overall rating is for the cute packaging.

I should mention that I always use UDPP as a base.

continued >>