Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur 138 Pink Orchid

4.2

on 4/9/2014 6:59:00 AM

Glides on like a dream and feels so creamy, smooth and comfortable to wear. Love the colour light pink - not frosty, not flat, not a nude pink - just ever so slightly shimmery and flattering. Excellent everyday colour, this one gets a lot of use. Goes well with a pink, peach and bronzed cheek look. I love it because it has proved itself to be so universal.

I just wish the packaging was more like the Volupte lipsticks as this is quite square and sharp (though I think I have the old packaging for this now as Iv'e had it quite sometime).

on 2/5/2012 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Added pictures above. OMG trust me this is the most flattering pink EVER. It is as creamy as well, erm, cream LOL A true deliberate pink (not a wishy washy lingerie Volupte pink or as strong as a fushia or hot frivilous Pink). It is perfectly inbetween. I even use it on my cheeks!
If your looking for luxury packaging - you got it If your looking for great taste/fragrance - you got it, if you are looking for wearability - yup, check!
Can you tell its love? LOL
So this colour is not cream its pearl, a subtle light catching pearl, but not glittery or too shell-like
The texture - hey it just G-L-I-D-E-S.. straight on, happy as hell. I personally top it off with a little YSL Pur gloss in Rose Pur (but picture is just the pink orchid alone)
The pink orchid has slight gold undertones (you know like the nars orgasm Blush) which is very flattering.
I bought my first Rouge Pur Lipstick in 1991 (it was a burgundy red - wish I could remember the colour number!) and have never looked back

on 3/10/2010 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I gave this lipstick a 4 because the color is not unique. I guess you can find this shade in every brand. I would not describe this shade as cool. I have neutrel to warm skintone and normally coold pinks don't suit me, but this color is beautiful on me because of the hint of gold in it. Applying the lipstick feels like a dream. Lasting power is so-so but I don't mind reapplying it a couple of times during the day. It feels great to put it on just because of the fact that YSL made such a nice packaging for the lipstick. Def. worth the 4 lippies!

on 5/20/2009 11:29:00 PM

I have to say that color selection at Y St Laurent is pretty slim. I wanted midium pink and this was the only color that fit the bill. I'm confused by previous reviewer saying there was lot of shimmer. Actually, the only time I can see shimmer if I look at it very closely so shimmer is extremely subte. When I first put it on, i was thinking I would have to return it because it went on very creamy, borderline greasy. However, color stayed put for several hours which is very unusual for such creamy lipstick. On my pigmented lips its light to medium pink that leans toward cool, very natural looking. Its also a very close match to MAC's Bombshell. Bombshell is just a tad warmer pink but its very, very close. However, I feel like this lippie is superior to MAC in quality I'm not sure if I will repurchase due to the fact that color is not terribly unique and very high price tag.

on 3/28/2008 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oprah's magazine picked this as one of the "award winners." Umm...well the color is light pink and if that works for you then you might like it. And it has way too much irridescent shimmer to work for me...I can see it on Paris Hilton. The consistency is okay but a little too slick and certainly not one of the best lipsticks I've ever tried. It's not a bad product. It's just not a great product.

Popular Lipsticks