November 26, 2014 | 1730 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Puree

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

In a search to find a more "mature" and floral scent I found The Body Shop's Japanese Cherry Blossom. I normally stay FAR away from anything that smells powdery (lotions, deodorants....) as they are headache-inducing but this scent is an exception. This is thanks to the fruity and fresh notes, which noticeably mingle with the cherry blossom and keep it from smelling like an "old lady" perfume (I'm looking at you, BBW JCP). Nevertheless, the cherry blossom remains dominant.

As for the lotion itself, it's very watery and delivers no moisture to my dry legs; it's purely for scent. I mix it with another lotion for moisture; this also serves to dilute the smell (even with the fruity notes I find it quite strong and prefer using a light hand). I won't be buying the lotion again, but once I'm finished with my bottle I'll be grabbing for the the EDT or body mist instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by carinafavoreto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One word to describe: amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

This lotion/puree is absolutley amazing... I am not sure how good of a job it does at moisturizing your skin, because I use it on top of a shea butter lotion i use every night and day, but it smells WONDERFUL. Its called a puree for a reason, everytime you put it on it feels and smells like you cut up chunks of cherry blossom and smothered them all over your body. There is no other smells of chemicals or additives- it smells exactly like fruit, nothing more nothing less. I also love that there products are as natural as they come, and they do not test on animals... you would be shocked if you really knew how many companies do actually test on animals. Smells amazing, all natural with no added chemicals and no testing on animals? its a win win... however you do pay the price as their products are not cheap. They have several sales through out the year- usually in Nov and Dec that help a little with the prices. I will pay the money for this product though... its well worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mmfoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this as a gift, and I absolutely love it.

The packaging is beautiful (I will be saving it and putting other lotion into it since I love it so much) and feels very expensive.

As for the lotion itself, it worried me when I pumped it out and the consistency was so watery - I figured it wouldn't moisturize much. Wrong! Now, it's not going to be great for really rough, dry patches of skin, but I've been using it on my legs and have really been enjoying it after I shave. It hydrates my legs quite well and the scent is refreshing and light.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by feliciatjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This lotion is my HG for parties and events. My friend gave it to me as a birthday present :-) when i opened the plastic wrap, i got this puree along with its shower gel, and i dispensed some onto my hands. It smells strong, but not too overpowering. The texture of the lotion itself is a puree, very light, cooling, but not really moisturise my dry skin. The scent lasts for 2-3 hours, and it smells faintly afterwards. Unfortunately i dont have the japanese cherry blossom EDT, so i layer it with my mother's "Air" by oriflame,and thank god the fruity notes in the Oriflame EDT match the fragrance of my puree. The packaging itself is beautiful, with cherry blossoms on the bottle. You can see the pinkish color in the bottle, but actually the color of the puree is white/the palest shade of pink. This is a good buy for those who adore strong floral scents :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think that if you have a specific idea of lotion you are expecting from this product, then you would be disappointed. It does not have a typical lotion texture, it's more like a gel. I absolutely love it for summer, but no, it would not be enough for colder or drier weather. I like how it is very light and soaks in right away. My skin feels hydrated and more smooth, but doesn't have that tacky/damp feeling that most lotions leave. Good for hot sticky weather, not good for cold and chapping weather. I have not noticed any issue with the scent, mine smells just like the perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i think i get the hate this product is getting, yes the consistency is VERY watery but i think this is perfect for summer and for all those oily and easy to sweat people (like me).
it has such a sweet traditional scent. i love it and i only need one pump to cover my one whole arm :) the price is also not bad :D

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Feliciatjkr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

It has a great smell and packaging, but unfortunately the smell is too strong. I love the packaging, but the texture is too watery and it doesnt moisturize at all. Definitely won buy this product again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by graceyy108

I don't know why people say this is not moisturizing and that the scent smells strange. I really liked it and I liked that my skin was not oily after applying it. The smell in my opinion is very nice, and it lasts for a while. I really enjoyed using this product, and I love the convenience and how the bottle looks. Overall, I liked this, but I probably won't buy again since it was pretty expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by kayek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

With this Body Shop line this product is the most inconsistent. It has a really strong smell. When you're applying it the smell is overwhelming and once you get used to it, you realize it's a strong alcohol scent not the cherry blossom. It doesn't moisturize because it's really light so all in all not a good buy.

Fails in

smell (alcohol too strong)
moisturizer (light, watery)