Maybelline Volum' Express The Hyper Curl

3.3

This mascara is great when you want your lashes to be more defined and looks like having naturally curled lashes and not the vavavoom dramatic lashes. I have extreme case of long, straight asian lashes, so obviously I have to curl my lashes beforehand,but this mascara's formula is kinda lightweight that it does not cause my lashes to droop, which is awesome! It clumps, but not beyond control. I like this one better than the highly raved rocket version, which is heavy, causes spider-y lashes and sticky as hell... Definitely reccomend this for daily use!!!

Dont buy this mascara thinking it helps you to skip the eyelash curling part. You still got to curl your lashes before using this. But the HG part of this mascara is that it holds the curls very well for the entire day!!! When I say entire day, it means more than 14 hours!

I have naturally straight pointed downwards lashes, but it does the job of holding my curled lashes so well. I have tried other brands of mascaras which weighs down my curled lashes and wasted my efforts of curling it in the first place.

It does the voluming job very well, but not much on the length. I usually use another lengthening mascara on top of this so that I get best of both worlds.

In a nutshell, for those with straight downwards lashes like me, please put in efforts to curl your lashes, then apply this. You can thank me later.

(Don't expect this mascara to do the curling for you, no mascara in the market can ever do that.)

Sorry to say but this is really dissapointing.It literally does nothing.i dont like to write negative review like this but i really have to be frank,really nothing

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used the waterproof version and it held my curl (I curled my lashes before applying the mascara). That's it though. It clumped my lashes, no volume or length. Disappointed.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Eye widener! I'm in love with this product. Haven't been able to find it lately and i'm almost out

Mascara is a very subjective thing, I get it.

100% my favourite mascara and I'm sad that I cannot buy this in Australia. I bought this in 2011 in Asia. From the beginning it held my Asian eyelashes very well! None of this waiting for the formula to dry out like other mascaras. It did dry out a smidgen as time progressed but the formula is still great, not unworkable. The brush has a slight curve (it doesn't flex around - something I like).

Very waterproof/smudgeproof. I remove using an oil based remover or cleanser. Will buy lots when I visit Asia again!

If you like the Covergirl Last Blash (orange tube) formula, you'll like this.

I agree with other reviewers that this smudges. I'm not sure if they changed the formula or what but it doesn't stay in place like it use to.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascarra gives me headache ...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Actually this is quite good. For something that's cheap, I was surprised that it works well. It only costs about $5 here so I might stock up on it.

It really is smudge and water proof. It really curls up my very flat lashes. i didn't need to out on so many coats.it doesn't give a volumizing effect but this is very good for everyday use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Pros: 1. Curvature of brush was good for brushing the eye lashes upwards since mine tends to be straight and flat. 2. It is waterproof as mentioned. Cons: 1. It is not smudgeproof for me, I've worn them in humid and dry climates, and I find that after hardly a couple of hours...my underlids would be blackened. And when they're blackened, its harder to remove the stain off the lids. This is about $8 USD when I bought it the last time, and I'm now using Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara, a super fabulous mascara that I got as a gift which cost a lot more than this Maybelline product but well worth the recommendation. I give the Maybelline mascara a 5/10, the only plus side is mostly the brush curvature. I give this Estee Lauder mascara a 9/10

Popular Mascaras