Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/21/2015 5:06:00 PM

Color is perfect and I thought I could just blot throughout the day since my skin looks smooth and flawless with this foundation. But this is too Damn greasy looking. I wouldn't mind blotting every couple of hours,hell I wouldn't mind blotting every hour on the hour but it wears off my nose (without me touching it) almost immediately And it looks a greasy mess. Yes I tried setting powders, primers, etc in different combinations and nothing worked.

on 4/21/2015 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this!

on 4/21/2015 11:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Sadly I had to return this product. The color range is amazing. They have a PERFECT match for my hard to match ultra light cool toned coloring. I was so excited. I tried this product for 10 days with every primer I had in my collection, and it wore off of my nose within 2-4 hours every single day. If this had more staying power, I would love it ForEver. This one should be called, Make Up For a couple of hours.

on 4/18/2015 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been trying this for the past two weeks and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. I'm still working with it. I'm using shade #123 and I'm usually an NC25-NC30 there was a blogger that posted swatches and yes when it's thick like that it does look kind of dark but when it's on it matches quite well.
I'm definitely olive but this particular shade doesn't have much yellow in it only an olive tone it seems. It still matches pretty good. When I take pics you can see more yellow I suppose.

The texture of this is nice. It's not super thick (I usually use studio fix fluid)
And it's not super thin compared to the mac Face and Body. I'd say this is fairly in between those but a little on the lighter side.
As for coverage I get medium coverage. I use a stippling brush and a stippling application and it looks great.
I love how it looks in pics even with my phones flash it looks great.

The one thing I HATE about this foundation is that it's HORRIBLE for oily skin. I've used this with HD powder, regular setting powder, even cornstarch and cornstarch usually keeps me matte a while even with the Face and Body foundation.
This stuff just KEPT making me look oily.
I use moisturizer and used a primer and this stuff still just doesn't want to stay matte on my T-Zone.
It's extremely obnoxious.
I do my foundation, set it and everything and work on my eye makeup.
Once one done I notice my face looks oily!
I blot, powder.
Go to another room to do my hair, what do you know. My face is already looking a bit oily.
My skin isn't even super oily.
I think I should try different primers out.
I have even been using water based moisturizer cause I know this foundation is a mix of water and silicone and water based stuff doesn't set well on top of an oil based moisturizer.
I haven't been using my cocoa butter for two weeks cause I knew this from the start. I purchased a water/silicone moisturizer that I use with Face and Body and it works great for it but not this foundation.
As for this making pores look smaller?
Not for me. I think the Studio Fix and Full Coverage as well as the Rice Powder from Sally's are the ONLY thing that make my pores look smaller.
And when I would blot, I noticed coverage would come off cause I could start seeing imperfections.

I'm going to make this foundation work cause I actually love how it matches and how it looks on cam after I powder.
I'm very determined to make this work! Haha I'll have to keep working with it

Update 4/21/15: So I'm not sure if this is because I'm oily or not but this #123 shade doesn't dry down to an olive shade that you first see. On my it turns peachy, even swatches on my arms.
I compared it to my mac foundations and it doesn't even look olive compared to them honestly. It looks olive/kind of neutral at first then turns peachy. Not too thrilled.
The peachy tones are what I'm trying to avoid as the newer MAC foundations are too peachy now and I'm stuck only using 4 foundations from them

on 4/17/2015 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

i was kind of disappointed with this foundation. I got two samples 128 and 153 and i will admit that Im really impressed with the color range and that I was able to find my perfect match (128) and i really loved how my skin looked in photographs.
my problem with this foundation is that it never went on smoothly and i would always have a streak on my cheek or something where it had dried too quickly even if i went over that area to blend-- i did try it with a regular flat top foundation brush and with a beauty blender and both times i had this problem and then they staying power is awful even with a primer and powder i wore it for 2 hours and I was already seeing the foundation fading away on my forehead and nose. it is a nice foundation for photographs but if you live in a big, bustling city and need something with minimal touch ups and stuff this is not the foundation for you

on 4/17/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This foundation has to be the worst I've tried so far. I've used it last fall after hearing good reviews from everyone everywhere. It said on the label oil - free so I thought it would suit my oily skin. When I had just applied it, it looked matte and very dry but I started to see oil within 1 hour and there was nothing I could do. It was an oily, shiny, and greasy mess. I've tried it with matte oil - free primers, setting powders, and sprays but it just won't last over 2 hours. The coverage is awful, very sheer. And it is definitely not buildable. It just made me look cakey when I did. The price is outrageous. If it was a great product, I would gladly pay the price but it is very poor quality. The packaging is good though. Very easy to dispense. The best thing about this foundation is the color range. I think there's about 50 to choose from with pink, neutral, yellow, and olive undertones. After trying with different primers and setting products, I gave it to my sister to try. Well, she loved it. She has normal skin with no discloration or redness. She said it was very light, natural - looking, and the color was a perfect match. So it works for some but I would not recommend this to an oily skin and I would not buy again.

on 4/16/2015 8:04:00 PM

I see this working for many women, not only online but in real life - on me however, it just doesn't work.

I have tried wearing it in many different ways, alone, with different primers, with setting powders, setting spray and so on, however it still creases and goes patchy and shiny within hours.

The finish is also not great on my skintype - on other women it looks luminous, like their skin is glowing! But on my pale, pinkish skin the sheen that make other women glow just accentuate my pores and make me look slightly greasy - and power doesn't help much, it mattifies for a moment and then I turn into cake face. (may I remind you this is powders that usually work, hence it must be the product)

The biggest reason I disliked it however was because I broke out heavily from using it. Even worse than when I use Studio Fix from MAC (My number 1 enemy when it comes to makeup related acne)

So, from my experience this product is worth 2 stars unfortunately.

Trusted the beaut Sephora lady wearing this. Glad it works for her... Although, I have no idea HOW.
Returned as soon as I saw horrible results and allergic reaction. This did NOT hold up in hot weather like Orlando throughout the day whatsoever. Completely melted and dried all screwed up on my face. When I would sweat, the foundation would move around and then re-dry in random places- completely clumpy and blotchy.
It also broke me out completely. Still recovering from the break out. Overall, do not recommend this at all. Even my mom tried this out and it doesn't do anything special for her. Just ordinary foundation for those of you who aren't in hot weather ever or do not have sensitive skin.
Not recommended for long lengths of time- especially in hot weather or for people with sensitive skin.

Basically, when it comes down to it, it's not worth it. Not even worth the try. I'm so sorry- I wanted to love this too. :(

on 4/14/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is actually a great foundation, in my opinion, minus one little flaw, it's OILY.

PROS:
Coverage - I love the coverage on this. It's only medium coverage (I prefer medium-full) but it's awesome because it actually hides my enormous pores, which no other foundation has ever done. It's also pretty buildable, and because it's not a dry/matte sort of foundation, it won't ever get cakey, even if you want to touch up with concealer.
Feel - I don't really know how to describe this, so I'm just gonna say it like this: this foundation feels super-light on the skin, but not so much that you don't really that it's there... in a good way? I sometimes feel like if I don't know I have foundation on I'll rub or scratch my face and the makeup will come right off (it happens with eyeliner and lipstick). This prevents that while still being comfortable to wear.
Doesn't Break Me Out - I have horribly acne-prone skin. I can get a pimple just by thinking about it. This foundation is one of the few that don't clog my pores or enlarge them.
Finish - When you just put this on (and I mean, RIGHT after you've put it on), this looks amazing. My skin looks flawless and radiant, almost natural (it's pretty hard for anything to look natural on me TBH). I just wish it stayed that way all day.
Shade Match - This is the ONLY foundation EVER to suit me PERFECTLY. I think it may be that it has such a wide range of shades (it even offers shades for deeper skintones, FINALLY). I use 123 Desert.

CONS:
Lasting Power - If you have oily/combo skin like me, this might not work for you. I take the stairs up to my apartment, and with this on, I'm an oily mess after six flights. Even if I don't take the stairs, it gets oily after about 4 hours, and I really am not a fan of touching up or blotting. If you do have my sort of skin type, I would recommend a good oil-controlling primer. If you have dry skin, BUY THIS, it would look beautiful on you.
Tested on Animals - At least as far as I know. This is a deal-breaker for me, and that's why I wouldn't repurchase.

Overall, while it is pricey, I think this foundation is pretty good. If you're on the fence about this, grab a sample from Sephora.and try it out. For reference, I'm something like NC30-35 (I would use a mixture of both if I ever cared to use MAC products).

I heard so much hype about this foundation being a really good one and it having a blur technology so I bit the bullet and splurged. First of all the color matches me perfect, I am in the shade 118 Flesh. The finish it not fully matte, its more like a satin finish. I have normal to dry skin. This foundation clings to my dry areas on my face!!! The coverage is medium but very buildable. I am disappointed with this foundation simply because I am more of a full coverage girl and not a fan of it clinging to my dry areas on my face!! I tried moisturizing days and even the day of that I put it on but it still clings to those areas!! I do not recommend this if you have dry skin!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials