MakeupAlley has a FREE Android App!

Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 3/29/2015 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG. Oily acne prone skin living in tropical country, NC 30-35, MUFE HD shade 123 perfect match. Other foundations: Maybelline Fit Me 220 (A little bit too dark), L'Oreal True Match G3.

How did I wait so long to buy this? It has the perfect consistency (not too liquidy), coverage and shade! The only foundation that did not melt in this tropical climate! Also, the first SA that got the perfect match for me. Asked a friend who is NC30, and she said she uses 127, so I went to the store trying out 127 and it was too beige, so the SA suggested 123 AND IT WAS PERFECT! Love this! HG forever!

on 3/28/2015 4:21:00 PM

I tried a tester of this off ebay today and totally fell in love......
I had been using Boots no 7 stay perfect in Cool Vanilla, which was a great colour match for me ( MAC NW15/18 light with pink undertones) however it does oxidise a bit as the day wears on. I am constantly hunting for the perfect foundation and i think MUFE HD may be "the One"!!!!!
So, my sample arrived and i thought i would give it a whirl today as it's Saturday and i thought if it was a total disaster then it wouldnt be so bad as i wouldnt have to sit in work all day looking like a freak.
I started off with my usual moisturiser ( simple spotless) as i have acne prone skin due to the medication for my asthma. Then i used superdrug illuminating moisturising primer on my cheeks, forehead and chin- but not nose as i hate my nose going shiny!
Then it was the moment of truth with the HD!!
The consistency was quite thick but the product goes on looking quite sheer at first. It has good pigmentation and the colour match i chose (115 ivory) was slightly lighter than the boots cool vanilla, so for a moment i thought it would be too light. It looked a bit patchy when first applied and i was slightly nervous! But when it dried and set? Oh my goodness what a GORGEOUS finish!!! You can tell that this is a top notch foundation. I set mine with Ben Nye luxury powder in Cameo and i felt like a movie star!!! I used my Nars Creamy radient concealer under my eyes and set it with Ben Nye and wow!!! Nothing fell into my fine lines round my eyes or accentuated them and as this is a problem are for me i was super delighted.
Anyway, this is about the HD foundation. The good points- it has a gorgeous sheer finish that lasts and lasts without going shiny and it doesnt oxidise, change colour or look cakey in any way. It doesnt fall into fine lines and is so sheer that it does actually look like it could be your own skin on its best and most radiant day. In saying that the coverage is still good. I only needed one touch up with the Ben Nye powder during the day and this foundation looked great the whole day. Truly impressive!
The cons- i noticed a few dry bits on my skin round my chin and the total lack of shininess leads me to believe this is not really aimed at folks with dry skin. But it didnt detract from the overall appearance of the foundation which was great. Just be sure to exfoliate well and use a good moisturiser beforehand. Another downside- price! This foundation is the most expensive one i have ever bought! But i am prepared to spend the money as it makes me look and feel so good! ( who can put a price on that?!) lastly, it's very hard to get hold of. If you are in the US Sephora carry it but they dont ship foundations to UK so i had to find on another online shop. I wish it were more easily available.
So, in short this is a superior quality foundation with an excellent performance making it well worth the hefty price tag!

on 3/24/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wanted to try something new, so I went to Sephora to try this out - it looked beautiful when applied and seemed to last most of the day, so I ended up purchasing a bottle. Unfortunately, it broke me out - got a few pimples on my cheeks the second day of using it, which are finally fading now. Otherwise though, it gives a beautiful finish and looks very natural.

on 3/24/2015 1:07:00 AM

This is a fine foundation for some people, but on others it can oxidize and enlarge the appearance of pores. I can't wear it because there's not a shade pale enough for me. I only use this occasionally on clients, mostly when they request it.

on 3/21/2015 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

First off I have to say this foundation is hands down the most beautiful foundation I've used in terms of photography. It's natural looking in photos without giving your face a white cast ghost look, which is hard to find when you're very fair and pale skinned as I am. I tried the lightest shade and it matches wonderfully. It is long lasting and a somewhat dewy finish so oil control isn't great which is a downside for an oily girl like me. I did love the foundation with a matte setting powder but here's where the foundation fails for me. I have very sensitive acne prone skin. And this foundation not only caused breakouts but I expereinced deep under skin cysts for the first time. They were hard lumps underneath my skin, and I didn't realize it was this foundation until I stopped using it and they went away. And when I went back to it for a week where I wanted a nice foundation the hard cysts reappeared. So overall it IS a awesome foundation with great color match and staying power. However it's not a good choice if you have oily and/or acne prone skin. Hope this helps other acne girls!

on 3/20/2015 3:17:00 PM

This is a silicon based foundation by Makeup Forever. I bought it because I have pale skin with rosy undertones and I have a hell of time finding a foundation that won't turn orange. This is the first foundation I've found that matched my face and my neck. Shade 115. It is a foundation that I wear for special occasions with photographs and for days when I feel I need more coverage. A pea-sized amount and a foundation brush are all I need to get good buildable coverage. I dab the brush in the product and apply in a stippling motion around my face until I get the desired effect, then buff with a kabuki brush to blend. The result looks fairly natural and skin-like when I apply this way. I put a light powder over top to set and I get 8 or more hours out of it this way. I remove with cold cream or MAC cleanse-off oil and a warm washcloth. I haven't had any trouble with breakouts removing the foundation this way. Also, this foundation is scent-free, and as I said, a little goes a long way. Highly recommended.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I used to use this two years ago and I recently picked it up to try again. Oh my god, it's awful, it used to look so smooth and flawless on me but now it clings to dry patches like crazy :( definitely not for drier skin types..I used to have oilier skin when I was 16 so that's likely why it looked so much better. I will try to make this work but I'm not sure if I can :c honestly, my $3 Wet n wild foundation is more hydrating than this.

on 3/15/2015 1:11:00 PM

Having a face that leans slightly pinker in and undertones and a body that's slightly yellow I have difficulty finding a good foundation match. When I was matched with 110 and didn't look 2 toned I was ecstatic and wanted it to work out so so badly.

Pros:
Covered redness
light weight
didn't cling to dry patches
looks great in photos

Cons:
Didn't cover acne or dark circles
After a few hours made me very shiny
Broke me
Expensive

on 3/14/2015 11:04:00 AM

Definitely one of my HG foundation for photo shoot or whenever I need more coverage for a long day. I have a normal to dry skin, and my foundation shade equal to MAC NC 20. I use the shade N 115 in this MUFE line and the finishing look is not matte nor dewy, but gives you that kind of natural face where everything is so blended, even and perfect. Goes for more than 12 hours in my face with a little powder on top of my T zone area, it can look a bit cracked or patchy around the nostrils after 15 hours or so. Yes I literally wear this from 4.30 AM, got on plane, did a day tour until 9 PM at night, and I noticed the "crack" around my nose, but that's all, my skin still looks even nonetheless. So definitely worth it IMHO

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this product so damn much. It wore fantastic on my dry skin, smoothing it out. The finish itself was so soft and it just made my skin feel so nice. However, after a day out, it turned my usual dry skin in to an oil slick. This was extremely unusual for a dry skinned gal and it felt horrible.

Video Reviews & Tutorials