July 22, 2014 | 2104 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Shaethegoddess

I thought I would try this foundation after reading the reviews. Very disappointed! It feels oily on my skin almost like my skin can't breath. I'm taking this back to store and heading back to the Lancome counter!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not understand the hype surrounding this foundation. It is probably one of the worst foundations I have ever used. Sorry MUF, you don't get my vote on this one. I felt like there was barely any coverage and I was constantly having to touch up and reapply throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by willowyv

My favorite foundation! Very natural finishing and it's medium coverage. A little goes a long way. Just find the right shade and you'll love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Loveandcouturexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Out of all the foundations i've tried, (which is quite a lot), i'd have to say this is one of my favorites, if not my favorite. First of all, the packaging is great. It is sleek and pretty lightweight with a pump. Nothing too fancy, but still looks nice. The shade range is INCREDIBLE. Probably one of the best shade ranges out there for a foundation. It's super easy to find your match. My shade is 117, the most perfect match i've ever had for a foundation. It doesn't oxidize, which is a huge plus. It feels lightweight on the skin, like you're putting on nothing, and has little to no scent to it. This foundation goes on really easily and you can use whatever method you prefer, (fingers, sponge, brush). It looks so natural, like skin, but naturally flawless looking skin. It lasts well on me, doesn't cake up, and doesn't break me out. Those are all the pros I can think of. As for cons, i'd say the price is a drawback, because it is expensive. Also, I do get shiny after a few hours but that's a problem for me with pretty much any foundation.
Overall, love this product! 5/5

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this after I finished up a MAC Studiofix, and I love it so much!

I love the finish, it doesn't make me feel cakey or like I have too much makeup on. This foundation lasts me a whole school day and doesn't need touchups. (And I don't even powder my face after, my skin dries out faster.) It covers well and overall I love it! Also, the pump is really handy.

My only two small issues are that the cap for it doesn't go on to well and usually falls off in my makeup bag. Also, I have the lightest shade but it's a little too pink so I wish they made a more yellow toned color. But neither of those are the products fault and are so minor. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by alyssamspencer

This is my favorite foundation to date - it applies nicely, doesn't make me break out and looks good. It is a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it. I do wish it lasted longer, but I have that problem with all foundations I use and this is better than most. I have used up all of this foundation and will definitely re-buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Jolly911

I can not rave about this product enough. It's amazing! I have very difficult skin, dry with rosacea on my cheeks but have an oily forehead. On top of that I have fair skin so other foundations I have tried in the past are either too dark, too orange, too yellow etc...I did a lot of research before purchasing this and because MUFE isn't available in stores where I live, I had to take my chances by ordering it online. But it paid off. I bought it in N115 and ever since I started using it, people have commented on how amazingly flawless my skin looks. It covers really well but I love how I don't notice I am wearing any foundation. It gives my face a mild dewy look and it doesn't move at all during the day. Will definitely purchase again when I run out!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by kira1999

This foundation barely has any coverage, so if you need to cover anything, you need a lot. It didn't last very long but looked very natural and invisible. It had a satin finish and gave my skin a pretty glow. Nice foundation, but sadly not worth the price

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sassyjules

I wanted to really love this product. I heard it was great for medium-full coverage and the packaging was easy to dispense. I bought the #117 and #120 I believe. One for the warmer months and one for the cooler ones where I would not have as much sun. I noticed putting it on it made my skin really even and matched very well, however it was more of a light coverage. I feel like I had to use so much of the product to get the coverage I needed. That little bottle did last me awhile, but another thing I wasn't happy about was at the end when you are trying to get what is a decent amount of product left on the bottle and theres no way to scrape it out! Bummer! Bottom line- its great for medium to light coverage but not amazing enough for me to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sadly this wasn't for me :(

Don't understand the HD claim as this stuff looked way obvious on my skin.

I don't really think there are enough color selections-- as (at least in the light shades) they run either wayyy to pink or wayyy too yellow... 117 was like a cartoony yellow.

I knew it was time to purge this when I caught a look at myself in department store lighting, and I saw how my face in comparison to my flesh colored chest was just a butter yellow like I was a simpson character or something (I was also incredibly oily- so this didn't do zilch for oil control :/)

I applied this using fingers, sponge and brush and none seemed to really help the foundation from just sitting on top of my skin and looking unnatural. There was also an unwanted affect of accentuating fine lines and pores ://

Pros:
great packaging. sturdy plastic bottle, compact, lid, pump, travel friendly.. all youd want in a bottle design
didn't break out my skin

Con:
not good color option IMO, needs more neutrals, beiges, etc
Sits on top of skin, doesn't blend w skin, I don't understand the HD claim, etc
on the pricier side (considering how I wasn't all that satisfied w it)
Accentuated lines, made my skin look dehydrated YET ALSO made me very oily after a few hours of wear

For reference I use daily and love UD naked skin in shade 1, and mac f&b in c1. Even though f&b is a dewy foundation, I actually look less oily after a few hours in this than I do after a few hours wearing mufe hd :/