July 25, 2014 | 1746 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Victoria's Secret - body lotion (any scent)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by starlessartemis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought one bottle to try for $3 thanks to Labor Day sales, and was very happy with this purchase. I've been using it for about 4 months now and it does a great job moisturizing my dry skin. I have the scent "Romantic Wish" which is similar to Bath and Body Work's "Cucumber melon". It smells sweet, fruity, refreshing and lovely to put on after a hot shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by adjective

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

1 Lipstick - For the scents. They are good scents. I would use them for SOS purposes on long haul flights, and other various things that might need just a fem. scent.

But as for an actual daily lotion? Never. Victoria's Secret is infamous for using mineral oil which is horrible for the skin. It provides a temp fix but within hours you need to re-apply it again. In the end I see my skin getting worse, not better. Their body butters don't use mineral oil, at least...

There is a reason why in the EU mineral oil is banned from products! I wish VS/Bath and Body Works would learn a lesson!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I really like VS lotions for general body care. I have vanilla lace, berry kiss, pure seduction, and sweet daydream. These are not serious scents, but they smell pretty and feminine and I like to wear them to sleep or on casual days. I'm not crazy about super sweet scents but I'm happy with all of the scents I chose. I got them 8 for $35 which is outstanding. I do prefer the body butters more though because my skin is drier right now and also the ingredients are better/healthier for you. In the summer though I will be using the lotion. On days I want to wear my actual perfumes I do not use VS lotion, I use an unscented one instead.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

this review is for the secret garden line:
while i do like its counterpart body sprays, the lotion scents are overpowering and nauseating -- coyingly sickly sweet -- and the condensed scents are even more intense and long-lasting.. which gives me a headache each time without fail.

these lotions are very watery and seems to go on "oily" -- i can see the lotion glisten on my skin for quite a good while after i try to rub it in. i'm inclined to say that the lotion moisturizes ok -- but the scent is so nauseating that i tend to *try to* wash it off rather quickly. i can't imagine lathering myself up in this lotion due to the scent (anyone say migraine?). scent aside, perhaps the WORST thing about the vs lotions are how quickly they go bad -- i've had so many bottles / tubes where i can see small particles of stuff floating around in it. i've never had that happen with any other lotions before. gross. what a waste of money. never again. all thumbs down. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2008 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

I think that VS lotions are OK as moisturizers, but their scents are really terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by PixelDustDreams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the scents at VS - But their lotions/creams can leave a lot to be desired.

The lotion is really watery and doesn't do ANYTHING for my skin, at all. The cream is a little better, BUT doesn't really go on smoothly. And funny enough, I bought 2 creams and both in the same scent, one was super runny and one was super thick. Hello? But either one I use, I really have to rub it a lot to get it to soak in. I love the scents, but the lotions, are HORRIBLE! BBW lotions and creams are MUCH better, they go on smoothly and really absorb and soak in wonderfully. But when I get tired of those scents I usually go to VS. I ONLY get their cream, and I'll usually mix it a little with my Nivea Smooth Sensation lotion to break it up a bit and then put it on. It works a little better that way. I probably won't be buying anymore off their lotions/sprays/bodywash line BECAUSE of how horrible their lotions are. There are many other places to buy cosmetics at that have a much better handle on their quality control.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by vintagezombie

When I first started using VS lotion I really loved it. It did amazing things for my skin and smelled great. After buy about 5 different scents and using them for a month or two most of the lotions started smelling really bad. They became bitter, and kind of sickly sweet. I don't know if its just me, or if the lotion went bad or something, but I can hardly stand to wear this lotion anymore, the only reason I do is because I've got tons of it and I won't waste it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2007 1:28:00 PM More reviews by onlyever42

I really like VS lotions, but i ONLY buy them when they are on sale. I find that they do wonders for my skin - since I've started using their lotions I"ve always gotten compliments on how soft my skin is, and if I don't like the scent that I bought on clerance (a real possibility) I can usually cover it up with my favorite perfume anyway. So its win win.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by bea2ls1982

i love these, love the scents, i do think they work well, too. but im slowly getting over them.
i think that i could get the same if not better quality from a drug store which comes in bigger bottles.
i lvoe their scents though and i love to layer them with the sprays.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is aful. not only do the lotions not moisturize, but when they wear off after a few hours your skin is drier than before!! they smell good, but I'd rather just use the body spray for that and not damage my skin.