April 17, 2014 | 1936 users online

Lipstick - The Body Shop - Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by missthing303

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like these. They don't get much love on MUA but they are really nice. Pretty moisturizing, they last, nice color range, mid-range price point. I have this in 12 Damson (Bronzey-plum) and 61 -Rose gold, I think (corally-rose w goldfish shimmer). 61 is a lovely pop of color on my NW15-20 face and I get lots of complements. It's like a redder version of Nars Beautiful Liar. I've repurchased a few times. TBS can be hit or miss, and it is a far cry from the greatness of the former Body Shop from the late 90s before it got bought out, but it does still have some standout great finds, such as their lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought no.14 . Too pink for me. Very moisturizing but didnt stay long on my lips. As i apply it, the lipstick is soft, it gets all over the sides.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by vhisko

Not a huge fan of this. I prefer lipstick with a more matte finish, this was very shiny and metallic, and didn't last all that long.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by gnosj

Goes on smooth, stays smooth and the colour lasts! It was more than what I expected when I initially brought this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i have this in shade 06 and 54.

06 is a dark nude pink. it is not a light pink, more in the brown/mauve side. its smooth and is definitley not overpowering. the lasting power is pretty much the same as any lipstick... 2-3 hours without eating or drinking anything.

54 is a frosty light nudish pink. id use this if you have a dramatic eye. when i wiped it off there was shimmer, but i couldnt notice much shimmer on my lips. its smooth to apply and the lasting power is the same as 06.

the body shop is an underrated brand. ive tried some of their eyeshadows and theyre amazing. id definitley recommend these lipsticks to anyone and $12 isnt so bad for a higher end brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by witchymissy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this lipstick in shade 66 which is a coral orange. It is a flattering lipstick color for my complexion.

It goes on smooth like a lip balm but because of that, it only lasts as long as a lip balm. I need to reapply this frequently if I want to have color on my lips the whole time I'm out. It smells good and has a nice, slightly sweet lipstick taste. (I lick my lips a lot)

It has a sort of frosted finish to it. Kind of matte but kind of frosty or shimmery. I can see this being a problem for a woman who has a lot of fine lines around her lips or for anyone with chapped lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Flashpua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because they had a shade I had been looking for a while... Definitely this brand has the worst makeup products :S This one is so dry, it's like trying to paint your lips with a crayon. Hated it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by missgiggles89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wanted to try a red so bought this in #22 as suggested by the SA.
IT's really nice for my skin tone - nc35 for comparison.
Stayed on through drinks on a night out so good staying power.
great colour.
I would not buy it again due to the fact that I'm not brave enough for a red on a regular basis so mine will probably suffice but if I was to wear red regularly then i probably would buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by vanrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

waxy and dry, does not go on smoothly or evenly, bleeds easily and wears off in no time.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by bklynbelle

The Body Shop recently reformulated all of their Lipsticks. Their original collection was the perfect demi-matte, but now they are more mosturizing.

I don't have a problem with the fact that they made them more moisturizing. My problem is that by changing the formula, they totally destroyed the colors.

I alway wore Clover Pink (the perfect brown-pink). This color was like my lips only better. The new formula looks nothing like that. Now my favortie Pink Clover looks more like a beigey peach. Not good!

The quality of these lipsticks are very good, but everyone should be aware that their favorite color may no longer be the same.