October 31, 2014 | 1587 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - honey body butter

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by CatClosser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the mini size today and I like it pretty well. It's a bit more floral than I expected but it still smells nice. The product itself is moisturizing but doesn't make my skin feel icky slick. I will probably get this in the regular size now that I know I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I'm not sure why so many people hate this smell, but it smells like honey and sugar to me. It moisturizes the same as other body butters. This was one of my favorite body butters, and I hate it has been discontinued. I loaded up on extras and still have an unopened tub. :) Also a special thanks to Sherry for helping to support my body butter habit. LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by workandgirl

i like this scent, a lot. i wish i still had some leftover, since it is now discontinued... tear.
like all the body butters, this is super emolient, super moisturizing and goes a long way.

if you don't like the smell, this is certainly not for you. it smells reminicent of honey, but really more of a milk and honey scent. i used to be addicted to the honey sticks the body shop sold in the 90s and this smells exactly like that. i guess it's important to note, no one except me liked the smell!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I swapped for this body butter from one of the most darling ladies here on MUA. Being the honest kind soul that she is, she did everything in her power to warn me that this body butter smelt nothing like honey and was in fact really quite disgusting. Being the adamant stubborn twit that I am (I'm a Taurus), I refused to be convinced otherwise and insisted on going through with the swap. My first reaction when I received the Honey body butter was one of dizziness and intense nausea. In the tub, this smells exactly like a combination of sweaty feet and moldy cheese. Horror of horrors! I don't get a single hint of honey or anything remotely sweet in this cream. However, because some of the other reviewers mentioned that the smell is much better on skin, I went ahead and slathered myself generously in the cheesy goo. After one hour, the initially awful smell morphed into something even more gut-churning. I can only describe it as sumo-wrestler body odour. Nasty nasty nasty! I really wanted to like this product as I'm a big fan of honey in skincare but the smell really killed it for me. It's a pity really because the moisturizing properties were quite excellent. That is not, however, incentive for me to keep using the Honey body butter. I have sinced RAOKed this offending item away to someone whom I hope will have much better luck with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2006 5:39:00 AM More reviews by EyeCatcha

used it for awile on my feet, arms and hands! Smells very good or not good at all I don't know if I like it, if I love it or if I don't want it maybe it stinks maybe it's absolutely delicious don't know at the moment but it's consistence is very very nice or interesting lovely or too much or too interesting don't know really what to think about it now but it somehow destroys or beautifiyes my skin, makes it smoother very very smooth with a smooth surface, with a very nice skintone, looking hot or it makes my skin look thick, cheap moisturized, very thick and stinky moisturized. don't know. but it's maybe very nice

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by volley28

Ok, this is a new one. A TBS body butter that smells funky? It works amazingly well, but it smells weird. I was expecting more of a sweet organic smell, but this was synthetic and odd. Not very nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2005 12:40:00 AM More reviews by DanceUWan2BMe1

I am new to The Body Shop products so, I bought this product because it was one of the items on sale. I like how it moisturizes. It isn't too greasy, but I wouldn't use it in the summer time. What I do not care for is the smell. That doesn't smell like honey to me. But I will probably try other body butters from the Body Shop. Overall I wouldn't repurchase again because of the fragrance, but it moisturizes well.

Edit: I do not like this product. It made my skin look dull and darker. It does moisturize better than a lot of lotions I have, so I give it a 2.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2005 1:19:00 PM More reviews by LizzieDahlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this body butter, it has a wonderful, warm smell that lingers subtly. I have very dry skin and find that it moisturizes quite well without any greasyness. the tub lasts a long time for me and i just cant get over the great fragrance. unfortunately i believe this has been dc'd which upsets me immensely since its so wonderful. the olive version is good as well, but a different kind of fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2005 6:12:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, what a terrible smell. It reminds me of my cat's litter box when I haven't cleaned it for a week or so. Now I understand why it's on sale... But why do they even make this product in the first place?! Hasn't anyone told them how much it stinks?!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2005 9:41:00 PM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely horrid. I can NOT believe they're trying to pass this body butter off as honey!!! I mean, their honey shampoo, conditioner and lip balm smell of true honey... wow, did they go wrong with this product. It smells disgusting, which is such a shame for a formula as fantastic as their body butters are. Sinks right in, moisturizes to perfection... but reeks. Blech. :( Disappointed and grossed out.