April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Treatments - The Body Shop - Almond Oil Nail and Cuticle Treatment (click pen)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by gatocarrapato

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finished mine now. My cuticles were very dry and the skin cracked a lot. My nails were always breaking. I was using sometimes 2 times per day, and It helped a lot. The skin is so much better. Also the nails are stronger, but Im sure is because of another product that I also used (Mavala).
The package is very nice to use, except the end cap that is not well fixed and is not very useful for correcting the cuticles. And also gives me the feeling that there is some product still left, that I cant reach.
It smells great!!! But is also very oily, not immediately absorbed.
The price is expensive for the size, but at least I now it is efficient.
Im sure there are better products in the market, but this one is already good.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Delivery is good. But this is not a wonder product, I wanted softer cuticles, flexible nails. And I don't think it does that..... A miss from me. X

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

First off, this is really expensive for the amount you get! But I'm really getting into taking care of my cuticles and hands, but the usual oil I use is in a nail polish bottle and is not very portable. I wanted something I could take along and whip out should I need to. Handy having a soft cuticle pusher on the end too; I have short stumpy nails so I need to push the cuticles back daily to give the illusion of longer nails. Great product, bad price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only used this a few times but I love it already! I used to use Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme and that just didn't do anything for me. Plus I really dislike sticking my fingers into a pot and generally just get my fingers all oily. With this convenient little twist pen, I no longer have oily fingers! One small twist, a drop comes out (but it won't drip) and it's enough to do an entire hand. I just dab a little on each nail, then go back and distribute it evenly. Very handy. :) My cuticles look way better than before, when I was using Burt's Bees. I love it to the moon and back!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by gwinnear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolute go-to product for me. I have extremely dry cuticles and thin, fragile nails that peel and tear at the drop of a hat. This oil stops the peeling and definitely makes my nails stronger and more resilient. The pen makes it really easy to apply exactly where you want it and the quantity is easily controlled. On first use you do have to twist the pen quite a few times to get the oil to flow. I can't recommend this enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by bekahh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before I start reviewing this product, I will just saw that I have some of the worst fingernails in the world. I used to bite them when I was younger, and they still have trouble growing, so they are still quite short and rather weak. I was using hand an nail cream to moisturise my hands and strengthen my nails, but I wasn't really seeing much improvement in my nails so when I saw this in the Body Shop I thought I would try it, and I ended up really liking it! It has the same delicious sweet, nutty smell as the almond oil hand cream. The packaging is really good, very easy to apply the oil and twisting the pen to get more is also very easy. You just have to be careful not to use too much on one nail because it feels a bit yuck if you have too much on. If you control it well though, it will cover the whole nail and cuticle and leaves both feeling moisturised. As with most Body Shop products, price could be a little lower, but the product is still good enough that it'[s worth it. Recommended :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by nailpolishect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very good, I love the smell and it makes my nails and cuticals strong and in good contition. Its expensive for what it is, and you really don't get very much in the tube so use sparingly. But its very easy to apply and worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This cured my dry cuticles and it smells heavenly. It's not too oily and the click pen means you can kind of control the amount you need to dispense. I usually rub it into my nail and it gives the nails a natural sheen. Best convenient cuticle oil to own!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by piratefemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very horridly dry cuticles. I normally buy Nails Inc avacado oil pen - but there's isn't a nails Inc on my way to or from work and my cuticles were sharp, cracked and slightly bleeding.

So bought this. It's good for it's purpose, almond oil is a very good healing oil (for cuts and grazes and chapped skin) so after applying it several times a day for a few days my cuticles were totally healed. I still need to put it on every day a couple times.

The avocado pen was better though and I didn't have to apply it much - it being a thicker oil and more oil in the pen meant it lasted longer. It may have been a couple of quid more (10), but it was worth it.

I will buy this product only as a second choice. it works, it's handy, it's a nice smell, but it's not as good as avocado oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by amypanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is a god send! I've always had dry cuticles so my mum bought me this. After just 3 uses my nails have never looked healthier. The packaging is really convenient and easy to use. The scent is very pleasant and the texture of the product is great (not too greasy or too watery). Love it!