October 21, 2014 | 1641 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Merle Norman - LUXIVAŽ Wrinkle Smoother Eye

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just another ho hum eye cream. I received a generous sample to try from Merle Norman. Used it up and did not see any improvement in the wrinkles under my eye. It didn't sting me and it had a nice feel, but saw no reason to purchase a full size of this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by river1868

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Because of this forum, I tried this eye cream for about one month now, I don't see much different, still have dark circle and puffy eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After getting a facial done at Merle Norman one of the associates recommended this product to my mom so she decided to buy it. I have been stealing some of this from her at night and I wake up in the morning with my eyes just glowing. I am not suffering from wrinkles yet because I am quite young, but I like to start preventing them as much as possible even if it means starting at such an early age.
Anyways, this cream works really well, and i love how refreshed my eyes look. My mom also uses this cream and she has noticed that her eyes also look more vibrant and refreshed, and some of her wrinkles have reduced. Its nothing dramatic, but she has noticed a definite difference. So I would recommend this to everyone, however at some times it does have a stinging feeling, but thats only if you rub it and it slightly touches your eye. But that is a given. But i would say go for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

I have been using this for a few weeks now. Usually I have dark circles under my eyes and I also have fine lines. However, since I have been using this, my dark circles look lighter. That is the first time that has ever happened for me and trust me, I have tried them all from the cheaper brands to the more expensive ones. My fine lines seem not as noticeable either when I use this. I just really like this stuff. It is true though that you have to be careful with this, it can burn and sting your eyes if you use to much. All in all, I love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Jules211

I'm sad to see so many people have had problems with this eye treatment. It is quickly becoming an HG eye cream for me! Out of all the treatments/products I buy, I think I am most picky about eye creams, and this one has really impressed me. My eye area just seems instantly smooth when I use it and that is priceless! I got this as a GWP and will buy a full size when it runs out. But luckily a little goes a long way! I also like the Luxiva Wrinkle Smoother for the face. Both products are wonderful to use prior to makeup application.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by lreynolds

This product contains Argireline which is what helps with the lines...HOWEVER some ppl can't handle it..including me..it tingles and burns...if this is you..true changing skin eye cream..its my favorite

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Juicy_TNA

I can't really tell if this has improved my undereye circles/bags...I will say that it is very rich and feels nice going on. However, like the majority of the ladies who have tried it, this makes my eyes water/sting like MAD!! I keep using it because I feel like it will help in the long run and I don't want to give up on it so fast. However, it would be nice to know what causes that reaction and if it is at all harmful in someway? For the time being, I'm still unsure about this product and will probably try another eye cream when I'm done with this...if I can finish it.

EDIT: After a couple months, the cream hardened and is no longer smooth upon application. This is not worth the stinging your eyes over! Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by treedotcom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to the Merle Norman store to buy Preventage, but the SA there recommended the Wrinkle Smoother instead. Seeing how it wasn't that much more, I agreed. It seemed fine when I tried it on in the store, but after using it a couple times, my skin around my eyes started to burn. I wasn't sure as to whether the eye cream was the cause, so I continued using it. Then, dry patches sprang up all around my eyes. I quit using this cream. It has been almost 2 months and the damages caused by this cream will not go away. I am so sad about this product not working out for me because the reviews here are so great, but it does seem I'm not the only one who has some sort of reaction so perhaps it is some specific ingredient in this cream.
Edit: 3/29/2010
I started using this after my eyes healed and letting this sit in my bathroom shelf for about 6 months. Out of sheer desperation of forgetting to bring my eye moisturizer to my parents' house, I had this laying around in the bathroom. After several months of usage, I noticed that if I'm only using it on my under eye circles and not around the entire eye area, then the reaction is not so bad. I'm not sure if humidity has something to do with the reaction. When I first used this product, I was in Hong Kong where it is about 90% humidity. I am now in LA, California where it is very dry and this product gives me no problems and is very moisturizing. So I bumped my rating up to 3 lippies - Average. Even then, I'm not sure if I would buy it again because I dont really see any great results.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by mujigae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

okay... i like this... because it really helps with dark eye circles... and puffiness... no eye cream has ever done that for me..

but i dont like it because... i cant wear it too often... as it stings my eyes and makes them water and turn red...

*sigh* too bad...

its a good eye cream though if you dont have sensitive eyes like me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by w5bjm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Tried a sample of this eye cream and loved it so much I rushed out (literally) to my local Merle Norman store and bought a full sized jar. It has made a real difference in my dark circles and under-eye puffiness. I think my eye area is less wrinkled, too. There is only one drawback to this product and that is that I have to buy it from my local store--where the service is far less than satisfactory. The young woman who has worked there the last few times barely acknowledged me when I came in, plopped my purchase in the bag--never offered a sample or if I needed anything else--and turned back to whatever she was doing. I have gone so far as to make my MN purchases in a nearby city, where I was treated with much more courtesy; but that is sometimes inconvenient. MN does not have an email address or any contact info on their website; so I cannot complain to them. (see below)

I took off a lippie from my original review because of the cavalier disregard for the customer, not only from my local salon, but from the corporate headquarters. I received absolutely NO response from the Merle Norman Company in reply to a letter and an email (addresses found after much searching) detailing the poor customer service in that salon. I specifically did not ask for any freebies or compensation--just offered constructive criticism. I will not purchase MN products again.