Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit

Not tested on animals

on 9/22/2015 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I think I may have finally found my favorite brow product. I used Nyx's brow powder compact thing for a long time, and still love it, but I was looking for something warm-toned now that I'm going back to my natural ginger color and have stopped dying my brows darker. But most of the colors called "auburn" or in that general range are way too red, or are just a really weird shade, or too dark.

I prefer powder over pencils because it's a lot easier to me to make them look natural with powder. I got this in the Medium shade, and primarily use the lighter matte color, a nice warm medium brown. Perfect for filling in my eyebrows and keeping the warm tones without having straight-up orange or red brows.

The powders are really nicely pigmented, and the highlighting powder is nice to have, too. It's not a super in-your-face highlighter, just a nice shimmery glow.

Plus, I love that it comes with the three tools. Sponge-tip applicator, eyebrow brush, and a little tweezer. The sponge applicator and eyebrow brush are decent enough that you could use them on the go if you didn't have anything else with you. The tweezers are teeny-tiny but they're nice and sharp and grip hairs well.

Then under the tools, it has a mirror. It has pretty much everything you could need in one little compact. I'm glad it doesn't come with a wax or anything because personally, I don't use wax (prefer clear mascara) so that's not there taking up space.

Overall, I think this is a really great value for your money. I got it at Walmart foooooor I believe $6-something? If you buy it and don't like it for your brows, they make nice eyeshadows, too.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I actually like this brow kit. It has dark shade so I could fill in my brows and medium shade for the outline. Bonus hilite too. with tweezers, brush and sponge brush. it last long without the brow mascara

on 6/21/2015 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I do not tweeze or shape my eyebrows. I use this kit solely to darken them. I really love the natural shape and arch of my brows (thanks Dad!) and my mom once told me never to start tweezing your eyebrows or else you would never be able to stop.

Though I happen to be that 1 in 1,000 girl who actually does love her natural eyebrows, I do wish they were a little bit darker and thicker. I have used pencil, and the ELF eyebrow kit (too light) and most recently, a brow gel. Enter in the Milani Brow Fix Kit.

I stopped using Rimmel's eyebrow pencil because to me, pencil just looks extremely harsh and fake. You could always tell where I had darkened my brows and I really did not care for that look. It's also extremely hard for me to blend pencil, and the brush that the Rimmel pencil came with did not help at all. I used the ELF eyebrow kit and I didn't like that on me, the brow gel shows up as this very unnatural reddish brown color. The kit is also too light for me, even in the Medium shade. I had almost resigned myself to buying the Anastasia DipBrow kit, when I decided to try one more time at my local drugstore.

I picked up this kit at Walgreens for about $9. It was the last one there, and I really didn't have high hopes for the kit. I went home and attempted to use the little brush that the kit comes with to do my brows. It stuck all over the place so I threw it and the tweezers away. I used the bottom color as a filler, with an angled eyeliner brush from Target to darken my brows slightly. This works extremely well. The first time I used this kit I mixed the reddish brown color into my brows, which looked ridiculous until I figured out that the reddish brown is supposed to go onto the outer edges. Now I simply fill in my brows to their desired darkness with the bottom color and use the second one on the widest part of my arch.

I sometimes blend the colors out with the little smudge brush, but usually, I love the results and don't need to do anything more. I'm so glad I found this kit before paying $30 for the DipBrow.

on 6/15/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product is a true gem.
it comes with three powders; highlight, light matte shade, and dark matte shade
It also comes with a mini eyeshadow applicator sponge, mini angled liner brush, and mini pair of tweezers. these three extras are packed so wonderfully, they all set into a little moveable wedge with three holes... one for each pieces. the wedge "locks" into place when it's up
The outside packaging seems very durable and has a button open/close

The three powders are amazing! the highlight has slight shimmer in it, but just enough to give it a glow. The other two powders are matte and very pigmented. I love how it comes with two shades, so I can make my brows look nice and natural and well blended.
I've used all these powders as eye shadows, and they are wonderful neutral shadows, too!!!!

The quality of the three pieces is above average. I really like the angled brush.
The tweezers are angled which makes them good and usable, but I wouldn't be able to tweeze/shape my whole brow with them. They're perfect for stray hairs
The sponge applicator is basic, too. but good to have.
When I first apply this at my makeup counter, I use my own implements, just because mine are full size and the ones that come in the kit have short handles. They're great for on-the-go!!
Some may see the small implements as a negative, but you have to remember they're small bc they're travel friendly. and yes, they are useable!!
There is also a small mirror under the implements! this kit has everything!!

I have one kit on my makeup counter, and another in my purse for on-the-go
Highly recommend!! It is great quality at a great price.
I'm blonde with fair/tanned skin and shade 1 was perfect.
The only thing this kit is missing is brow wax or brow gel. It doesn't really have anything to hold the brows in place.

on 6/8/2015 7:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I swear by this kit. I don't use the tweezer (too small for my preference) but the small angled brush is the best for filling in my brows.

I tend to run out of the highlighter so fast -_- so I make sure to always have an extra pigmented light shade of eyeshadow to use just in case. This stuff is great.

on 6/5/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This kit is lovely. It comes with 2 brow shades, highlighter, a sponge applicator, slant brush, and tweezers (all micro mini tools). I bought the "medium" kit because I'd been using a CoverGirl eyebrow powder (wet application) in a similar color to the lightest in this kit and found it too light. Turns out, these powders are far more pigmented and should be considered a bit darker than they appear. Wetting them makes them exponentially darker. My first application left me looking like Bert.

I am still able to use this without problem, I just have to use a light hand. I use the lighter powder for inner brow shaping and the darker color for my arch, where the brows are lighter and sparse. The slant brush does the trick, but it took me a few applications to get comfortable with it.

The highlighter is very nice, just don't push too hard in the pan as it is crumbly. I have yet to use the tweezers, but the whole kit is nice and handy, despite the slightly awkward tools. Definitely recommend this!

on 5/28/2015 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this! But I hate how tiny the tools are!

on 2/23/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this. I have dark brown hair and I bought this in the lightest shade and it works great with my eyebrows.
At first $8 seemed like a lot to pay for this, but it comes with a lot inside it.
It has the two fillins which were great and they stay on very well even though my face gets ridiculously oily. It comes with a little brush to fill in with and some people think its small size makes it hard to use, but honestly I think it works perfectly fine and it's not worth it to go out and buy a bigger brush.
I bought it for the highlighting powder, but tbh, I haven't seen it do much. You'd be better off using some kind of concealer around your brows. It also comes with a little applicator to use it with, but it didn't love that either.
It comes with a tiny tweezer, but honestly that thing isn't going to do much.
There's also a little mirror. I think it's great despite it's size because this whole thing is perfect to use on the go because everything is included in it. It's perfect for on the go/in a rush.
Overall, I really loved this product, even though it wasn't for the reasons I thought I would and honestly it's my HG. I totally recommend it.

on 1/24/2015 6:59:00 PM

Just bought this and I LOVE IT! The shade perfectly matches my brow color. I also love the little tools it comes with! The slanted brush is great! I love it because it's stiff, so it's great for making a thin line on your brow. Great product!!

on 1/23/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite brow product ever that I've been using for years. I've tried everything from expensive Benefit brow products to cheap Wet n Wild and Cover Girl brow pencils. This is great, although I do wish they made a slightly darker one for people with black hair. Using this, my brows look slightly lighter than my hair, but I could probably blend with a little darker eyeshadow to get a perfect color. Unlike a lot of reviewers, I actually really like the little brush that comes with it. Just be careful about waiting until your moisturizer/primer/foundation has completely dried before using the kit, because I find that the brush gets wider/distorted and the powders get oily and hard to use if you get your face products on them. Another bonus is that this stuff lasts forever, in fact I replace this when I lose the little brushes/tweezers. I don't think I've ever replaced it because I ran out of powder, and I use this every single day. I also use this as an emergency eyeshadow palette if I forgot my regular eyeshadows at home. I use the highlighter on my browbone, all over my lid, and inner corners. Then I use the medium shade on my inner crease, and the darkest shade on my outer crease and blend. Then I go back in with the highlighter just on my eyelid between my eyeliner and my crease. Looks great!

Popular Brows Products