April 20, 2014 | 926 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega colors in Sugar Plum Fairy 902B

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Queenbee2011

I bought this lipstick because I learnt it is a dupe for MAC Rebel. I will not purchase this lipstick again because I prefer the formula of my MAC lipsticks better. Having said that, this lipstick is good for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are two listings out here for this product. I originally reviewed on the other listing, so this is a copy of that review.... This is a pretty darn good $2 lipstick! The color is a deep dark purpleish-berry. This color is not for the faint of heart-it is a bold color. There is nothing subtle about it. What impressed me is the formula. It is not a dry true matte-I would characterize it is a heavier semi-matte. Very good lasting power. I like the size of the tube, but as other reviewers noted, it does not twist down flat with the tube so you have to be a bit careful when replacing the cap. Was not exceptionally drying on my lips like matte-ish formulas can be, but I would not say it was moisturizing either. Overall not a bad lipstick in a gorgeous fall shade for $2.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great color for me and I love that it is very buildable. Love the feel of the lipstick and the satin finish. I think it would look good on lots of different skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lmoss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After a co-worker of mine kept raving about her Wet N Wild lipstick that she used everyday, I decided I just had to check this stuff out for myself. I must admit, I kept walking by the Wet N Wild endcap at Walgreen's for a few months before I finally took the plunge and went for it. I was discouraged by the low price tag since I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I've purchased many tubes of Revlon, Almay, Rimmel and Covergirl lipsticks only to find they weren't true to color, tasted yucky, or had an uncomfortable slick or waxy feel. However, I have been using Wet N Wild kohl eyeliners for years and have preferred them over more expensive brands. I bought 2 tubes of the MegaColors line, 902B (Sugar Plum Fairy) and 903B (Captive). For me, both shades are a little too bright to wear alone. However for years I've been wearing L'Oreals Endless lipstick in Chocolate Obsession (a deep brown) mixed with Naked Ambition or sometimes Timeless Tawny. This time of year as the weather gets cold my lips do tend to get a little dry. I've found that chapstick reduces staying power of my lipstick as well as making a slick uncomfortable feel. These Wet N Wild lipsticks are the perfect solution. They have a very light, creamy feel that is superior to lip balm . Their staying power is good especially when combined with an 8 hour longwear lipstick. I highly recommend this lipstick. If you don't like the color, keep it around and before you know it you'll find another lipstick to wear with it. I'd like to see Wet N Wild come up with some more brown and deep red shades.
I also highly recommend their mascara, MegaWink. I tried it for the first time. Be careful though, their formula is super wet, not as gel-like as other companies' formulas, so it's easy to make a mistake if you move too fast. I was surprised at how much this stuff rivaled Maybelline's Great Lash. It goes on easy, stays put (no annoying flakes everywhere), and washes off easy too. In this economy, I can save all sorts of money and still look good!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MonFleur

(Note: Right now, I'm giving this product a four-star review because I love the color and the fragrance-free formula; I may bump that to five stars if it lasts a while...)
My local drugstore (CVS or Walgreen's) was having a sale on Wet n' Wild products and I came across this lipstick. Normally, I am not a fan of lipstick, and I usually prefer balms used over stains. I thought I would try a lipstick that day, especially at a less than $3 price tag!
As a fair-skinned gal with fairly pigmented lips, and an inconsistent overall skin undertone, but I usually consistently have to make efforts to hide dark circles, I have had trouble finding a lipstick that doesn't either wash me out or look too dramatic for daytime.
Enter Wet n' Wild 902b, Sugar Plum Fairy: I can either put this on in layers or just blot on a light layer, and I really like the way it brings out my natural coloring effortlessly. I still like to top it with some moisturizing gloss or lip balm, as my lips always seem to be prone to dryness. This is a pretty sheer shade that you can control the intensity with as long as you apply it in layers (I imagine a lip liner all over lips before applying this would also enhance the color and performance.) I think I will enjoy this shade for a long time as a daytime lip color....it looks like my lips, but better (MLBB). Hooray! :) I'm not the best with describing colors, especially since the tube itself looks more intense than it shows up on a swatch on on lips, but I think I'd describe it as a mauvy/pink/beige, in the rosey/mauvy neutral/natural category. If you have pigmented lips and fair skin with mostly neutral or warm undertones, I bet this would be the ticket for you! If you don't have pigmented lips, this color is still flattering for many light to medium skintones, so you could always add a lip liner or a colored gloss on top (with the same undertones as the lipstick).
I love that there's no fakey-fruity taste, waxy taste or any chemical-funk smells going on with this product: it's simply formulated to add color to your lips. It's not sticky or super drying, but I haven't found it terribly moisturizing, either, but it may be enough moisture for some. There's absolutely no glitter or metallic gleam to this one, either. I would describe the finish as slightly creamy/satiny. I didn't even bother lining my lips before trying this and it hasn't bled or flaked off. The packaging could be improved by allowing the user to lower the lip stick before putting the cap on, but if you're careful, it's not a deal-breaker. This is definitely worth trying! You can't beat the price, either!
Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

The color is kinda pinkish, but very pretty. Satin finish and very pigmented. Suuuper cheap and feels very good on lips, moisturizing. Def IŽll go for more colors of this line. The package design is very classy too.