December 20, 2014 | 1764 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Mega gloss- Sunrise

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I got this color because I heard it was a dupe for MAC's Viva Glam Cyndi. Can't really comment on the similarities b/c I don't own VGC, but I really like the color.

As previously stated by other reviewers, it looks very much like a coppery red in the tube, but on the lips it does turn quite pink. The color works for my skintone (NC30). I like that this gives me the red lip look without all the maintenance.

Color lasts for quite a while but can fade unevenly if you're not careful.

I love these megashine glosses and this color is no exception. one of my favorites!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by celticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have ten Mega Shine Glosses, and, unfortunately, this is the only color I don't like. The color itself is beautiful, but it's kind of tricky. In the glass packaging it looks rather warm, with orange or copper undertone and golden shine. But on my hand and on my lips (even on the applicator!) it's a cold pinky red, almost fuchsia. And it's very, very bright.
So sorry, but I cannot wear this color at all! You can see it swatched on my hand, looks very true.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by UnityDivides

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim from Cherry Culture after seeing so many rave reviews of the color. I really, really wanted to love it, but I just can't. It is entirely too pinky-red for me. Too warm-colored, perhaps. I'm sure it would look gorgeous on the right skintone, but that skintone does not seem to be mine (pale, cool-toned). However, the gloss itself is very nice; it isn't sticky or heavy feeling. I have no idea about the staying power because I wiped Sunrise off my lips about three minutes after my first and only application when my roommate insisted that I looked like I'd been playing in Mommy's makeup. (Harsh, I know, but she had a point.) I know many people love this color, and I wish I could join the ranks, but it's not the lip gloss shade for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love NYX's Mega shine glosses! Sunrise is a red with orange undertone on the tube. When applied, its a beautiful pinkish red w/ very slight orange tone which is unnoticeable. This one is very pigmented and lasts 3-4 hours on my lips.. wanna buy more colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

In the tube it's a beautiful shimmer berry red, I was ecstatic at the color because you rarely see such a color. On my lips it looks like fuscia berry and maybe hot pink in some lights. Bright lips are in for the season, so that's good. In certain lights you can almost see an orange undertone in the tube, but I cannot see this on my lips. The shade name doesn't match the color, but it's still great. Oh, another thing is that these are like a liquid lipstick that hugs your lips and not really a shiny gloss. The texture is creamy and comfortable, so these are fantastic for the price. The doe footed wand is longer than normal and bent at an angle. It can be awkward for little lips, but thankfully mine are fuller.