October 31, 2014 | 834 users online

Hair Treatments - Dr. Hauschka - Neem Hair Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by MelissaJuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I must say that nothing I've ever tried before worked for me like this treatment does.
When I bought it I wasn't expecting much since I haven't found a product that makes my highlighted hair smooth and shiny in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised!
The instructions say to put it in the hair 20 minutes before washing, I thought I'd give it a try as an overnight treatment right away since my hair was already screaming for a treatment. The next day, after washing and drying my hair I was convinced that I've obviously found one of those hg products for me everybody keeps looking for but rarely ever finds... silky, smooth and naturally shiny hair like I haven't had in ages!
I'll keep using it once a week, definitely repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I swear by this product! I have thick, very curly hair, and I use this as a weekly (or bi-weekly) hot oil treatment. In the winter, when the air is dry I also often use a bit on my ends during the week anytime they start to look ragged... As a hot oil treatment, I just transfer some product to a dish (agree with the other reviewers about the bottle itself not being the greatest vehicle), heat it up in the microwave and then I massage it into my scalp and hair, bit by bit with my fingertips. It takes a while, but the massage is great for the scalp. Yes it's pricey, but worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by gilldiva

I bought this product on the strength of the great reviews on here about it. It's a pricey treatment but I don't mind paying good money for products that work. Put quite simply, my hair hates this product! I have persevered with this product and used it numerous times but each time it has left my hair dry and frizzy. There is obviously something in this product that really doesn't work for me. My hair is in good condition anyway and I get good results from cheaper and readily available brands such as Pantene and Tresemme so to get such a terrible result from this product was disappointing. Try as I might to love this product and to make it work for me, I have given up and the bottle is now in the bin.
I wish I was one of the many who swear by this stuff but it has had the opposite effect for me and I won't be going anywhere near it again.
I hope you have more success with this product than I did!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this once a week for about half a year and my hair is already looking and feeling so much more healthier. I let it sit in my hair for most of the day then I clarify and deep condition as usual. My hair is left soft and shiny and I don't shed as much as I use to. My hair doesn't feel too greasy either. I know there is very small amounts of actual neem oil, but my hair seems to really like this even though it is quite pricey. I bought my bottle at Wholefoods and received a couple of generous sample packets of products to try as a result so definitely check to see if your local Wholefoods does that. You can also use this as a hot oil treatment. It does have an expiration date and it comes in a glass bottle that makes pouring the right amount of oil difficult so if you can, maybe decant this into a better bottle. I do plan on purchasing pure organic neem oil (I know it will reek) so that I can make my own oil treatment and will update on my results soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This is not really a review but a caution. This product can only be using a very very very miniscule amount of neem as it would never smell good if it had an effective amount of neem in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by goldrauschengel

I am always looking for hair oils because I have very thick, curly, dry hair. I have tried this three times as an overnight treatment and once just applied in wet hair after washing my hair, but either way this product just doesn't do much for me....my hair does not feel better or softer or look shinier than with other products. One thing that really bothers me is that the product makes my dark blonde hair look a lot darker, so I would definitely not recommend this for blondes. Also this is way too expensive, coconut oil is much better value but I have not found my HG yet.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After trying almost everything, from very cheap to very expensive conditioners and hairs masks, I had given up. Because I used the straightener too often, my hair has split ends, and breaks easily. I've been using the oil for three days now, and my hair looks nurtured and a lot thicker. I massage it in my wet hair, and leave it in for half an hour, or longer. Then I wash my hair, and put a little (very little amount) bit on my roots, comb it through my hair, and blow dry it. My hair looks so healthy and shiny.
UPDATE
I only use it once a month to help my hair grow faster, because the rosemary really darkens my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by thelonelyraindrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wish it was a spray in, as it gets messy on my hands.
However, I would still repurchase.
I am growing my hair out (almost to waist length), and I need the ends as conditioned as possible so I don't waste my time having to cut off split ends. This really helps in that area, as well as for the whole head as a deep oil treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by camilka

This is the shit right here. Works so well. I put it on scalp and all over my hair. Smells great and natural. Repairs, gives shine and VOLUME! Love this stuff.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by pinalondon

This product is one of the few on the market that doesn't contain silicone. It doesn't smell amazing, hence one point less but it contains everything that makes your hair healthier. I really like this product as its so pure and actually good for the hair.